Dropping Enchanting?

Just got to 525 tailoring today and my enchanting is stuck at 481. Thinking about dropping ench and picking up either mining or herbalism. Any suggestions?

It would be a very bad idea to drop a crafting profession for a gathering one because the former is superior by large in the current state of the game. Tailoring and enchanting are very good professions and I would strongly recommend you stick with them.

Deleted
    Its the other way around. You drop gathering for crafting. If you are raiding with that char go for 2 crafting for sure. As for me i had a tauren druid as a gatherer alt. The best around...

Why exactly are you considering dropping Enchanting? Is it because you're finding the profession too difficult to level?

Unless you're tank, neither Mining or Herbalism will be as useful to you as Enchanting from a stats perspective (+80 primary stat from enchanting, vs. haste from herbalism or stamina from mining).

If you need a gathering profession and don't mind the loss of primary stats from Enchanting, just pick up whichever one you like; I find herbalism to be more profitable on my server, but that does vary a lot by server (and how many mining bots are active on your server; mine has a ton x.x).

If you're more concerned about primary stats or pure profit, Enchanting is the best bet (once you get it leveled).