Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Paladin - Another 'please help me improve my dps' thread

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...inger&n=Yanara

I guess i should be doing more than 2.2-2.5k dps.

I don't have a guild right now, so i pug everything right now, so i can't improve my gear a lot.

Well... i have an unused t7.5 token for gauntlets in my bag, is it worth upgrading?

Thanks.

Re: Paladin - Another 'please help me improve my dps' thread

get your priorities correct m8, highest dmg > lowest dmg rotation, judging will be most important both for dmg as for mana regen

yes get the gloves there preciously few better gloves (there are for getting expertise capped)
    but if as you say your gear aint so good, then yes get the gloves, appart from that get some basic hit rating
    200 should suffice and is easily found on some gear, heroics/reputations

cant check link on this one, getting the correct gems (str, str/haste and str/sta, in case you need some for the meta) 3% increased dmg +21 crit rating meta, and the correct enchants, str where possible, otherwise ap, agi
    and some good pve glyphs, atm judgement and sense undead will get you a long way

Seems like you're just limited by gear atm mate. I'm not going to suggest individual gear upgrades, as you say you PUG everything.

Couple of suggestions:

Get berserking on your weapon
    Replace +20hit on gloves with +44AP, or, if you're cheap, +15 str.
    Replace ice walker with +32 AP

Hit does ofc has its place...but its never worth enchanting or gemming for it, or taking gear specifically for it, unless you are very low. Anywhere around the 200 mark is enough.

And perhaps pick up a more useful proffesion. Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Enchating, all give much bigger dps upgrades than the tailoring cloak enchant. Tho, magic carpets are pretty sweet. =)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon
    Seems like you're just limited by gear atm mate. I'm not going to suggest individual gear upgrades, as you say you PUG everything.

Couple of suggestions:

Hit does ofc has its place...but its never worth enchanting or gemming for it, or taking gear specifically for it, unless you are very low. Anywhere around the 200 mark is enough.

And perhaps pick up a more useful proffesion. Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Enchating, all give much bigger dps upgrades than the tailoring cloak enchant. Tho, magic carpets are pretty sweet. =)
    Do you actually play a retribution pala in raids? If not please shut up, getting him the wrong directions is just stupid. And if you do, learn your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...inger&n=Yanara

I guess i should be doing more than 2.2-2.5k dps.

I don't have a guild right now, so i pug everything right now, so i can't improve my gear a lot.

Well... i have an unused t7.5 token for gauntlets in my bag, is it worth upgrading?

Thanks.
    Yes, you should be able to do more dps.
    Yes, the t7.5 is a nice upgrade.
    Try to find the post "DPS issues" on the forum, sure it will help you out alot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Camelback
    Do you actually play a retribution pala in raids? If not please shut up, getting him the wrong directions is just stupid. And if you do, learn your class.

Yes, you should be able to do more dps.
    Yes, the t7.5 is a nice upgrade.
    Try to find the post "DPS issues" on the forum, sure it will help you out alot.
    wth are you talking about? he said good things which would increase dps.

why dont you l2p ret

my additional help. i made a topic about ret paladins. the BiS gear isnt truly the best because there is a bit to less hit.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...9185#msg639185

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet

why dont you l2p ret

my additional help. i made a topic about ret paladins. the BiS gear isnt truly the best because there is a bit to less hit.
    Why don't you learn to play your class you moron. He mentions hit being "Important but not enough to gem or enchant for, anywhere around 200 is good." No, just fucking no. Hit cap is THE most important stat for any dps class before everything else, and 263 is the two handed cap.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    Why don't you learn to play your class you moron. He mentions hit being "Important but not enough to gem or enchant for, anywhere around 200 is good." No, just fucking no. Hit cap is THE most important stat for any dps class before everything else, and 263 is the two handed cap.
    welcome and join the club..

wth is going on! where did all the scrubs come from? does any of the ret paladins that actually know there class respond? Adamson?Undertaker?Simqn? perhaps Chronalis?he knows more then you and he is protection specced.

He's not limited by his gear..
    And why the fuck would he go from capped to not capped cuz of +66 ap?

why dont you l2p ret

Link armory, I wanna check this shit out by myself.

pro
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I must agree. I've currently cleared everything in the game, including sarth 10 +3d, as a ret paladin. And don't get me wrong, but 200 hit rating IS enough for a retribution paladin. After that you should not focus the LEAST on hit rating.

That is the best reply in this post.
    No wait, that's the best! Use that guide :P

And, if you don't know very much about playing retribution paladin in raids, stop posting. You won't help.

15+ Year Old Account

im in pvp gear but sure.

i got the 2v2 team for free from a person i dont know so dont bother me on that.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=Iktankniet

in pve gear i have 200 hit.

People just need to stop posting threads about this sort of thing. go read EJ forums and you will get all the info you need. If you are looking for good info, you probably wont find it here. Too many people making up magic numbers like 200 hit rating etc.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

But seriously, why should one have 200 hit instead of being hitcapped?

15+ Year Old Account

because strength has more value to dps then being hitcapped.

read the topic i linked. it explains alot

Deleted

I don't know if 200 is the magic number or not, I haven't delved that much into ret paladins. But well, at some point you start having so much hit rating that you only miss an attack quite rarely and any additional hit rating gives less DPS boost than pure strength would give.

Also, as ret paladins don't really have any specific rotation, they can just smash stuff in whatever order they come off the cooldown, so having a miss every now and then doesn't ruin your rotation at all. Compare that to f.ex. destruction warlock who can't start the rotation going unless (s)he has Immolate up. Missing with Conflagrate would also mess the DPS for 3 following spells, not only Conflagrate itself.

So, just basic sense says that you don't need to hit exactly 8% hit before you can start gearing for strength.

because strength has more value to dps then being hitcapped.

read the topic i linked. it explains alot
    Then you're counting with a draenai in the grp?

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, a lot responses.

So, what i need to do:

-Get the Gauntlets
    -enchant them with 44 ap
    -gem them and the belt with 16 str (or one 8str 12stam)
    -enchant berzerking (that will be a little expensive, i guess i'll rather hope for a better weapon to drop first)
    -macro with trinket and wings (as if i didn't have one )
    -?

did i miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdan
    Because I do about 1k more dps not being hit capped, thats good enough reason for me.
    I Support this Post
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

15+ Year Old Account

Then you're counting with a draenai in the grp?
    im horde, so no draenai

im sticking to around 6% hit. allies can go to 5% hit because of the draenai in there group.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Wow, a lot responses.

So, what i need to do:

-Get the Gauntlets
    -enchant them with 44 ap
    -gem them and the belt with 16 str (or one 8str 12stam)
    -enchant berzerking (that will be a little expensive, i guess i'll rather hope for a better weapon to drop first)
    -macro with trinket and wings (as if i didn't have one )
    -?

did i miss anything?
    also keep an eye on your rotation

you can save mats for beserker untill you get BoH because thats the best atm. or get the mats and pray you get bosses down in ulduar and a new weapon there

15+ Year Old Account

im horde, so no draenai

im sticking to around 6% hit. allies can go to 5% hit because of the draenai in there group.
    also keep an eye on your rotation

you can save mats for beserker untill you get BoH because thats the best atm. or get the mats and pray you get bosses down in ulduar and a new weapon there
    Okay, if i can drop hit, any idea where i can replace my shoulders? (I know i have to farm rep with hodirs for the enchant :-/ )