Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Will you be able to purchase 2 peices of t8 10 man gear with emblems of valor?

No, blizzard said they didnt want the for example T5 Equal loot for running the easiest heroic available (Belf Island anyone?).
    So there will be new badges, with new gear combined to that loot, and you'll have to run Ulduar to get tier.

Re: Will you be able to purchase 2 peices of t8 10 man gear with emblems of valor?

@Laeh: The new badges (Conquest) will be for Ulduar 25, while the 10man will use Valor.
    Here's how I understand things to be-

Naxx 10 : T7 : ilevel 200 : Heroism
    Naxx 25 : T7.5 : ilevel 213 : Valor
    Ulduar 10 : T8 : ilevel 219 : Valor
    Ulduar 25 : T8.5 : ilevel 232 : Conquest

So the answer to the OPs question is "blizzard might let people buy 10man Ulduar gear right out the gate with 25man Naxx Valor badges". But there's little incentive to do so with only a 6 item levels difference. And anyone with a raiding guild for Naxx 25 will probably have access to superior Ulduar 25 loot.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    @Laeh: The new badges (Conquest) will be for Ulduar 25, while the 10man will use Valor.
    Here's how I understand things to be-

So the answer to the OPs question is "blizzard might let people buy 10man Ulduar gear right out the gate with 25man Naxx Valor badges". But there's little incentive to do so with only a 6 item levels difference. And anyone with a raiding guild for Naxx 25 will probably have access to superior Ulduar 25 loot.
    Which would conclude that, if the T8 tokens are purchasable, they will be with Emblems of Conquest, not Emblems of Valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

No.

They are only introducing 1 new variety of badge (Conquest) for Ulduar 25. If Conquest dropped in Uld 10, then players would be able to run Uld 10 and spend the badges on Uld 25 tokens.

T8 tokens would be purchased with Emblems of Valor, which will drop in Naxx 25, and Uld 10.
    T8.5 tokens would be purchased with Emblems of Conquest, which will drop in Uld 25.

if i recall there was a front page about this a while ago.
    showing al the new badge buyable gear etc.

EDIT:

seems the chest and the helm are bought throug the new badges, not sure if thats tier 8 or 8.5.
    however i cant find anything about 2 other pieces being buyable throug the badge of valor system.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...questprice.jpg

Surely if it is Valour that drops in 10-man Ulduar then it will be Valour that you buy 10-man T8 with?

I guess they might introduce this later to stop people saving up the Emblems of Valour, but as people have previously said those who have these mass stocks of Emblems of Valour will be getting T8.25 soon enough anyway.

Is there much stat difference between T7.25 and T8.10?

I think what some people are wondering is why Blizz didn't do this:

Nax 10 - Heroism T7
    Nax 25 - Valor T7.5
    Uld 10 - NEW TYPE T8
    Uld 25 - Conquest T8.5

That way people doing 10 man Uld have access to T8 and the ones doing Uld 25 get the T8.5.

UPDATE: They could skip the new badge type by adding new Valor gear I guess. (more new slot items)

I can see b37x's point there.

If Blizzard does make T8 available for Emblems of Valour most of the folks who DO have them will not be so inclined to get them, considering the fact that they are able to go to 25 mans they will most likely be doing 25 man Ulduar and, ultimately, getting the T8.5 and Conquest loot, which will have a more noticeable difference to a few upped or different stats and 6 item levels on T8.

On the ptr one can trade valor badges with the new one 1 to 1. Don't know if that is just for the ptr though. I'll hang on to my valor until I know for sure.
    Source? Comrad on the ptr just confirmed it..

sure my main wont need 10 man ulduar badges , but my alt probably will , saving all the valor ones i can get my hands on , besides its a shammy , i whould buy those just for the looks roflu
    Banned for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlittle
    On the ptr one can trade valor badges with the new one 1 to 1. Don't know if that is just for the ptr though. I'll hang on to my valor until I know for sure.
    Source? Comrad on the ptr just confirmed it..
    You can buy Valor for Conquest but you can't buy Conquest for Valor, didnt make sence when you wrote it but i had to go onto the PTR to check it anyway and true enough you can't

Since i'm nearly full valor, i don't think i'll buy set items from by badges, even if they put them in.

However, i'd like to change some other pieces (wand, wrist and the egg of mortal essence): do you think they will add more to buy with valors?

Re: Will you be able to purchase 2 peices of t8 10 man gear with emblems of valo

Quote Originally Posted by b37x

This seems most likely.
    As there will not be any other badge types like some people seem to think.

You'll only be able to buy 2 tokens anyway, which seems to go right along with buying 2 tier tokens with heroic badge drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    I think what some people are wondering is why Blizz didn't do this.

UPDATE: They could skip the new badge type by adding new Valor gear I guess. (more new slot items)
    They've already said there will only be 1 new badge type, which is conquest.
    10 man will drop valor badges.

They may do like this too..

you get t7 from heroism (aquired from heroics and 10man naxx)
    you get t7.5 from valor (aquired from 25man naxx and 10man ulduar)
    you get t8 from conquest (aquired from 25man ulduar and 10man upcoming raid)
    and then t9 and so on.

There will never be more than one type of t8.
    Think of it, why should you be able to buy more than 1 tier of gear from one kind of emblem? No one would buy the lower set.
    Blizzard wont add 2 sets of gear for every new tier they add, or..?

[Edit] The ilevel 219 will be valor then, but I dunno really, when I start to think of it I get more and more unsure of what they think

but the above poster is probably right, blizzard tends to make it easier and easier so it would be blizzard-like to do that

Ah how nice some people respond. OK wait people I am going to try to get my point accross here. Some of you will understand some of you won't. I can only try .

WoTLK has introduced something new to the game.

Still with me? Good.

It's called 10 man progression and 25 man progression.
    This means that all of the raids will be in 10 man and in 25 man.

So you can progress through the entire game doing either 10 man dungeons or 25 man dungeons.

Tier gear is there to show where you are on the current progression map.

T7 you are progressing in naxx and sath. No matter if it's 10 or 25.
    T8 you are progressing in Ulduar. No matter if it's 10 or 25.
    T9 you are progressing whatever they release next. No matter if it's 10 or 25.

You don't have to do Naxx 25 to be able to gear up for Ulduar 10. Ulduar 10 will be tuned for people who have done Naxx 10. And Ulduar 25 will be tuned for people who have done Naxx 25.

Are you still there? Just checking.

So here comes the kicker: Heroism set is T7 for 10 man progression, Valorous set is T7 for 25 man progression.

Now repeat it again. Heroism set is T7 for 10 man progression, Valorous set is T7 for 25 man progression.

Repeat it 10 times, 100 times, 1.000.000 times, and maybe juuuuuuuuuuuuuust maybe you will come to understand what I am saying.

Oh and for the people for whom this is not enough I will give you something else to ponder about.
    Take piece of heroism then another piece of valor and.......... They share the same T7 set bonus . Because they are both T7.

Then comes a PVP person that realises yes but savage and deadly also share set-bonus, what is your answer to that Mr. blooddeity?

Yes PVP sets have always shared set bonus. Take gladiator and merciless and vengeful. They all shared set bonus. Yet T4, T5 and T6 did not share set bonus. So apperantly Tier set-bonusses and PVP work differently.

I know that people like to put a .5 behind the 7 because naxx 25 has better stats and a shinier color. But they are both T7. Naxx 25 just has better stats because it's 25 man, and it's logical blizzard would give 25 man better stats because otherwise nobody would do 25 man.

Ok so one last time. Heroism set is T7 for 10 man, Valorous set is T7 for 25 man.

If you got my point good. If you didn't get it, well I tried.

Ulduar will also most likely have a T8 set for 10 man and a T8 set for 25 man.

And you see I could write all the above without insults and saying STFU.

Now back on to the topic.

10 man Ulduar will drop valor. Or at least that is what the blues are saying so far. They won't add more rewards too valor (again that is what the blues keep saying) because of the small difference in item level. Naxx 25 is Ilvl 213 Ulduar 10 is Ilvl 219 (also because they are assuming on balance purposes that you have only done naxx 10 when you enter ulduar 10, it all makes sense).

So you will probably have to do with the current pieces that are availible, and maybe buy PVP pieces if you want to PVP. Anyway this is all based on the information that Blizzard has given so far.

So it's not likely to get T8 ten man for Valor badges.

However, and this is speculation on my part. They might make gems availible for either heroic badges or valor badges. Maybe the epic gems will be purchasable with valor badges, who knows.

But basically don't count to get T8 10 man gear with valor badges as of yet. Though the blues can always change their minds or add things later.

BTW this is my armory profile on popular request by Mr. Ekans04.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&n=Blooddeity

If you need to bash my armory go ahead have fun.

Will you share your armory with us too Mr. Ekans04?

Blooddeity, its not that your points are bad or anything, but Blizz has allready stated that Uld10 will be dropping Valor emblems, and therefore its only natural to expect the Uld10 version of tier 8 is bought by those....

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Placeholder material.
    REALLY? And I thought a T8 set with the exact same stats as 25-T7 HAS to be the real deal. You really think it might be placeholder? How come?.......

Such obviously (sorry for that) dumb posts appearing in nearly every thread is really annoying.

My answer was pointing at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Syl
    I'm sticking with my guess that Ulduar-10 will only give you old valor gear and Ulduar-25 (badges of conquest) lets you aquire the new t8 gear. Its hard to imagine blizzard letting people stock up on Naxx-25 badges to get a new set.
    Which is countered by the fact that an actual T8 10 man set appeared on the servers (and the placeholder stats are of no interest here, nor am I discussing them). It is true that it is not stated anywhere that it is the 10 man version and not the 25 man version. But the itemlvl of 219 which is most likely true marks this as the 10 man set as the 10 man itemlvl (non hardmode) is 213 and 25 226 (with weapons, sets and hardmodes being 6+ lvls higher).

So @ Chronalis: Just don't post when you think a stupid one liner might be TEH COOLZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushkoon
    Blooddeity, its not that your points are bad or anything, but Blizz has allready stated that Uld10 will be dropping Valor emblems, and therefore its only natural to expect the Uld10 version of tier 8 is bought by those....
    I know in all honesty I would expect to buy 2 pieces of t8 for valor too, it would be logical. But I am just repeating what blues have said, and on the PTR right now you cannot buy t8 10 man pieces for valor badges, but you can buy the t8 25 man pieces for conquest badges.

So the current situation on PTR plus blues saying they don't have plans to add any items to the valor system leads me to believe that you won't get t8 for valor.

But then again. There is still time, and there is still time for QQ. Maybe Blizzard will crumble under pressure and release T8 10 man badges.

The PTR people are at least trying see this post:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...57787958&sid=1

BTW: Uldu 10 man non hard mode is Ilevel 219, hard mode I level 226
    Uldu 25 man non hard mode is Ilevel 226 and hard mode Ilevel 239

Small correction: I believe Uldu25 normal is 226 (weapons 232) and hard 232 (weapons being 239).

I have no idea on hard mode 10 man item levels but I believe it's actually ilvl 226 armor and ilvl 232 weapons from standard 25 mans and 239 ilvl armor/weapons from hard mode 25.