Best PvP Proffesions?

Hello, I am soon going to leave Alchemy/Herbalism because it has no use anymore and
    want to start some serious PvPing and wondering what professions I should use.

I thought Engineering and Mining but then I remembered the nerfs it got on the boots
    not sure also on what, hence the reason I am here.

If some one could post professions they think is useful and state the reasons why
    Would appreciate it a lot ^^

Did not know whether to post in PvP section or Professions BTW :P.

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Best PvP Proffesions?

Engineering is a great profession for pvp. You did mean battlegrounds and world pvp right? If not, engineering won't do you any favors in the arena.

Most serious pvpers do the same min/max that hardcore pve players do: JC + Blacksmith/Enchant/Alch

15+ Year Old Account

Blacksmith/Jewlecrafting, +27 resil gem to gloves/bracers. Or any JC only gem is good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Engineering is a great profession for pvp. You did mean battlegrounds and world pvp right? If not, engineering won't do you any favors in the arena.
    Nitroboots and whatever the 340 haste handtinker is called are still awesome in arena. Frostbombs are only awesome in BGs though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You get a HoT from Herb and a Health potion that is usable in arenas.

Why change?

Engineering is not that bad, alot of people use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41121 for the extra burst

Blacksmith gives you 2 extra gem slots that will scale with epic gems (if they come out)
    JC gives you 3 prismatic gems with increased stats (awesome for bad colored sockets and meeting meta req's)
    Alc gives you some health/mana pots which can be clutch in clutch moments. (also a trinket if you are desperate)
    Enchanting gives 2x ring enchants.

Just pick whatever helps you the most in arena's, in your opinion. Or copy a high rated player.
    Signatures are overrated.

Engineering is definitely the way to go. Even though the boots got nerfed theyre giving tinkers passive enchants like critical strike. The goggles aren't to be underestimated either.I'd say Engineering with idk enchanting or jewelcrafting if you can afford it.