3.1 Changes in regard to mana regen

So with all the mana nerfs are all of holy priests gunna be useless bc there gunna go oom so fast now that theres a 40% reduction in regen from spirit. Are we gunna be forced to roll disc. What u guys think?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.1 Changes in regard to mana regen

Spirit based regen outside of the 5 second rule is nerfed by 40%. Spirit based regen inside the 5 second rule stays the same. No it even gets better because with the new holy concentration you will regen with 100% of your spirit working while casting most of the time. So basically the regen you had while not casting is nerfed, but the regen you have while casting is now equal to what you regened before while not casting.

IIRC, AFAIK, and such stuff :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Just think of it that you can't just sit if your oom and regen mana like crazy.Yes disc looks promising for pve content but holy is still beast with serendipity and being able to cast on all groups in the raid with PoH

Manawise, the holypriest is pretty crippled in 3.1 IMO. All classes got nerfed in the mana department, but holy priests were hit three times as hard as the other classes with the loss of OOFSR regen, clearcasting and serendipity in one go.

Healingwise, however, we're stronger than ever with quickened group-targetted prayer of healing and the new Divine Hymn. Anyone worried about holypriests not having a strong point will finally be happy.

In total, 3.1 will be a mixed bag.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

With the current 3.1 build. Holy priests have pretty much been set as a dedicated yet conservative raid healer.  With the change to our talents as well as the change to spirit regen.  We run out of mana to fast and end up needing to spend more time not casting to regain the lost mana (so much for them trying to get rid of OO5SR).  We also make terrible MT healers as we can't keep up the HPS that paladins and Disc priests can without going OOM on longer fights. 

With the recent decrease in haste for the new version of Serendipity the actual haste that we get is not really impressive.  As well as being limited to only 2 spells.  Where as IHC was random, but the haste effected all of our spells.

There was a Dev post that actually said that there where not going to make Disc a designated Tank healer and Holy a Raid healer.  But, in order for them to fix this they will have to make some big changes.  I keep hoping, but in the last 3 patch notes.  There have been no new changes for Holy priests.   

I play a priest to heal, I've never been shadow.  However,  I don't want to have to use my duel spec, too spec Two different healing sets so that I can be an effective healer for any situation.  That was always the strong point of a Holy priest.  No other class has to spec two healing specs. 
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Spirit based regen outside of the 5 second rule is nerfed by 40%. Spirit based regen inside the 5 second rule stays the same. No it even gets better because with the new holy concentration you will regen with 100% of your spirit working while casting most of the time. So basically the regen you had while not casting is nerfed, but the regen you have while casting is now equal to what you regened before while not casting.

IIRC, AFAIK, and such stuff :P
    With the new holy concentration you'll regain 75% of your spirit-int regen amount while it's up, not 100% (.5 x 1.5 = .75)

Disc's blessed mana situation disappears faster than Holy's does, no joke. It's not the "omg must respec disc to do anything" now, and in fact I'm leaning back towards Holy, myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~