Choosing Major Glyphs for 3.1 Arms Spec

When 3.1 hits, I plan to pick Arms as dual spec (if anything, to try out the changes).

I am in a 25-man raiding guild and do mostly PVE, very occasionnal BGs and no Arena at all (can't stand it). My main spec will remain prot.

I am considering picking as Major Glyphs : MS, Execution and Rapid Charge (to use with the new Juggernaut talent).

But there are other glyphs that look interesting, in some ways:
    - Rend to increase the timeframe during which OP can proc and save GCDs to use other, more damaging talents
    - Overpower. Nice on the face of it but but since I'll be hiting bosses from behind...
    - Sweeping strike: good aoe talent, not so good on bosses
    - Heroic Strike to improve rage generation

What would you recommend?

Re: Choosing Major Glyphs for 3.1 Arms Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Glencar
    When 3.1 hits, I plan to pick Arms as dual spec (if anything, to try out the changes).

I am in a 25-man raiding guild and do mostly PVE, very occasionnal BGs and no Arena at all (can't stand it). My main spec will remain prot.

I am considering picking as Major Glyphs : MS, Execution and Rapid Charge (to use with the new Juggernaut talent).

But there are other glyphs that look interesting, in some ways:
    - Rend to increase the timeframe during which OP can proc and save GCDs to use other, more damaging talents
    - Overpower. Nice on the face of it but but since I'll be hiting bosses from behind...
    - Sweeping strike: good aoe talent, not so good on bosses
    - Heroic Strike to improve rage generation

What would you recommend?
    for raiding i would go with, rend, ms and execute glyphs for pvp replacing rend with spamstring glyph

I too am going Arms for my offspec in 3.1 and I'm going with Rend, Mortal Strike, and Execute.

For my main spec (Prot of course) I'll likely spec out of Deep Wounds and go full on survival mode, picking Last Stand, Shield Wall, and of course Blocking as my major glyphs.

15+ Year Old Account

I use Glyph of Rending, Glyph of Execution, and Glyph of Mortal Strike. Then Minors would be: Glyph of B.Shout, Glyph of Charging, and I dont remember the last one

I just saw on PTR that the new HS glyph gives 100% for HS to crit. Interesting to see how rage generation is in a full 25 man raid with haste buffs and everything. On target dummy i dont HS at all but raid buffed i might.

Is baldestorm worth using on single target? Seems like it to me but just gotta do it at the right time so you dont miss OP proc or drop rend for too long which means the 15s CD might not make a difference. Maybe good for pvp.

Currently i use what most use, MS, execute, rend. The rend one is pretty convenient, and if i find myself using HS in raids ill replace rend with HS glyph.

Minors: bloodrage, charge, battle shout

Quote Originally Posted by harrydinkle
    I just saw on PTR that the new HS glyph gives 100% for HS to crit.
    According to PTR notes, they reverted it back to +10 rage on crit after testing +5% crit. There is a blue post on the matter. In a nutshell, they thought +5% crit would turn it mostly into a Tank glyph and deter other specs from taking it.

For PvP:

MS
    Rapid Charge (charge at 12s, in combat? Sold.)
    Execution

I was originally going to go with Overpower (In place of Execute), but with the TfB change I probably won't, since it'll be fairly regular anyway.

Minor:

Charge
    Battle
    Bloodrage

Those three are always my minors, pve or pvp. There's just not enough signifcant for minors that'll change that for me.

In pve, majors will always, ALWAYS be Rend, Execute, and MS.

glyph of mocking blow is pretty nice, 25% more dmg on it. ofcourse it's only for pvp, but I can see it being useful for pve too as long you are good on threat.

Pvp

MS, Shield wall, Rapid Charge ....considering hamstring and Bladestorm

Pve

MS, Rend, execute
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

PVP
    Overpower, Rapid Charge and Ms or execute

PVE
    Rend, Ms and execute
    Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell