Imp Death Strike?

This new improved Death Strike talent in blood...is this more intended for blood pvp or pve? cause i know in raiding i never really needed to use death strike.

Re: Imp Death Strike?

I don't play on the PTR but I think when glyphed/talented , death strike will be a damn good replacement for Obliterate, and it allows you to skip annihilation in the frost tree so you can put your points elsewhere, for example taking necrosis in unholy.
    I think it will be usefull for pve and pvp.

They are making Death Strike the F/U strike for Blood in 3.1...

If ya take a look at Might of Mograine they have removed Obliterate from it's list of affected abilities...meaning DS will crit harder.

Adding in the glyph of DS and the talent makes DS hit just as hard as Obliterate and crit harder.

Death Strike= Blood
    Obliterate= Frost
    Scourge Strike= Unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    I don't play on the PTR but I think when glyphed/talented , death strike will be a damn good replacement for Obliterate, and it allows you to skip annihilation in the frost tree so you can put your points elsewhere, for example taking necrosis in unholy.
    I think it will be usefull for pve and pvp.
    This as well...it takes away Blood's dependance on Annihilation and/or diseaseless.

listen to ^

frost = oblit
    unholy = scourge
    blood = DS.

going to make blood pretty awesome for DPS and tanking in ulduar imo... won't need as much healing from AE. using oblit as blood will be horrible come 3.1. i'm kinda bummed because i have sigil of awareness from heigan. they should add DS to it (even if it's not the full 420 bonus damage). or make some sort of DS sigil...

new blood is wicked awesome...i love blood

Right after I typed that response SoA came to mind...they do need to add DS to it in some form if they are going to push Blood into DS as its F/U strike then it needs a proper sigil boost like Oblit and SS get...I don't think it will be hitting any harder than either of those pre-sigil so it will need something to keep up.

So since we dont need annihilation from frost, whats the next best tree to go down? Still frost for icy talons or unholy for more Death coil dmg?

I think the general consensus is to go into Unholy for the ghoul and increased str talents, as well as DC dmg.

Morbidity+DC Glyph=30% extra DC dmg which is going to be really nice for those sudden doom procs that will be flying left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    I think the general consensus is to go into Unholy for the ghoul and increased str talents, as well as DC dmg.

Morbidity+DC Glyph=30% extra DC dmg which is going to be really nice for those sudden doom procs that will be flying left and right.
    Pretty much. Tanks won't probably have enough points to go too far down Unholy, but will still pick up Morbidity at least.

DPS will go down Unholy for Ghoul / BCB

As far as sigils go for Blood, Wild Buck or the Unfaltering Knight(to drop some avoidance and pickup threat) are decent choices untill you get the Ulduar sigil. Since you know there will be one that is good.