Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Are deaths knights' getting a pvp nerf?

Read the rest of the thread, we discussed this. The are is being significantly lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Read the rest of the thread, we discussed this. The are is being significantly lowered.
    Even if the radius is reduced you can simply reapply the debuff.......so I dont see how this will be a nerf on this ability.

Vallos, thanks for keeping things on track and great responses.

I see now that this is a problem that isn't so easy to solve.

To any DK who thinks they don't have utility just look at the other tools players have in PvP and maybe it'll start to be clearer. No other class has an interrupt AND a silence. Only 2 other classes have the ability to "reposition" other players and those are talented on CDs as long as DG's (and are knock aways, not pulls). Lamenting snares (and roots) seems like a moot point seeing as every other class has fewer (granted, some are form talents or glyphs). Defensive CDs are on tap like a rogue's but DKs wear plate which provides immense survivability with no equal. Some classes have no defensive cooldowns like shaman and well, shaman.
    If you're havin' damage problems I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a crit aint one.

Hit me.

its easy to stack up what DKs do have, but you still ignore what they DONT have. a spammable snare, any real CC, any real stuns, and of course, a healing debuff.

now DKs can get by without these, because of there magical defenses and silences. that's a balance tool. but just chopping off what there advantages, waiving it around, then crying overpowered, is short sighted and incredibly biased
    all hail king frost strike

DKs are currently blizz's baby class so i dont think that were gonna get a big neff, like warriors did at the begining of WotLK, until 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain
    I loled.

Yes, Chains of Ice is one of the best spells in the game, it is a root with no cast time and only uses an ice rune... oh and it gets restored 80% of the time with the PvP gloves.

What a shame you ONLY have a Silence.. an intterupt, death grip, an immunity shield to spells, an immunity to stuns, self healing, a pet with a stun, a pet that can restore your life to full, high burst damage, plate.

Yeah.. DK are in a tough position.
    /thread