Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Eye of Eternity, help (dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink

most do 4k on Patch but for some reason seems on Malygos there far less i assumed he has huge resistances ect... and the sparks bring you up to your normal dps, supose im wrong then?

its not we cant get to phase 3 we get there with about 1:30 secs before mounted but just run outta time. we can tell its Phase 1 n 2 that we fail on and we've only tryed it 2 times before.
    If you have 1.30 left you should easily kill maly in that time. What my guild uses for 10 man drake dps is 3 stacks, then the dmg thing, 3 stacks, dmg thing, etc. We only need 1 healer as well. And make sure that people use the Shield correctly when the surge is focused on them, and move asap to 1 side after that blue spark shizzle aswell.

I'm a well geared mage, and go over 5k dps on this fight ( i'm not flamming, simply saying the facts).
    I would recon that if you lack of dps you could try going 2healers ( which is quite doable with a decent tank and heals (a druid is imperative though)).

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia
    Since the DPS question was already answered i'll go to a counterquestion.
    Are you managing to stack the sparks or do you let them get to Malygos instead of using them?
    What he said. Get a DK to deathgrip the second spark on top of the first one so you get a double stack and the dps will go thru the roof.

My record is a 38k arcane blast crit

In phase two get people on the skateboards as soon as they hit the floor, it makes dps much easier for everyone because you dont take any damage but we usually get the hunters up first, then whoever wants to get the Denying the Scion achievement.

Not the melees ideally though, they are more useful killing the melee mobs on the ground.

But the main thing is phase one, we sometimes manage to get Malygay to about 30% before p2 starts, that makes p3 very easy unless you go for the 6 minute kill, which is hard even if you manage p1 like I said.

As for DPS the highest in my guild are usually between 5-7k on 25 and 3,5-6 on 10. This depends mainly on spark management in p1 and getting large stacks in p3.

A 25m geared player in reasonable but not best in slot 25m gear should be able to hit 4k dps with good spark placement in 10m malygos. There are exceptions, and if you bring nothing but caster buffs and a lone rogue or something, chances are he might fall behind, but in general, thats not a bad rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    The fact that the dps of the top casters in your guild cant break 2.5k with sparks and buffs would be where i start correcting things.
    exactly. on my huntard, 10man buffed on say. patch? i can do easy 3k+. with sparks, should easily be more, if you cant pop over 2.5k with it, you have a problem,t hat's what is slowing you down
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.