Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Im what i like to call a hardcore casual player. Ive been playing wow since i was 19 years old im now 24. In between that time ive taken longer wow breaks than alot of "hardcores" have played total. I love wow, i enjoy my time i spend on it and i want to see the content that all you folks who may not have obligations to keep you from playing. Now alot of you who read up to this point are probably rolling your eyes thinking this is a troll post sayin ppl who are hardcore have no lives etc etc...na thats not my point. If i was able to, i would play just as much if not more than the described "hardcore" player. Unfortunatly, or fortunatly...since i started playing wow ive gone to the military, college, gotten married and had a kid. yea its been a busy 5 years. Now with all that said, being a new father with a full time job, why does the hardcore player deserve to see new raid content and get full clears and loot etc etc more than me. I like wow just as much, have probably spent more hours and have had to sacrifice much more to get what little time i do get to see and get to the level of this content.

    So for all the people bitching about us "casuals" who dont deserve the same experience as you maybee i should say that since you dont spend as much time at work, with your family or anything else you may give up, that you dont deserve a family, or a job etc etc.

    We all spend our time differently and noboddy knows exactly why someone does what they do, but what is certain is that whatever it is that we do, we enjoy it in the end someway or we wouldnt do it. So if blizzard doesnt create raid material that takes 80 hours a week to complete. please..stfu with the qq already. be glad you have a game to play that you enjoy and let us all enjoy the game together casual, or hardcore.

  2. #2

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Dude, don't get your panties in a twist.

    Blizzard is catering the game toward you, and others like you (I'm a casual player myself). These 'hardcores' who are so vocal and whiny about the new content are just the (very) vocal minority.

    Ulduar is going to be amazing. It'll be easy to clear for really casual players, and have optional hard modes to really challenge increasing levels of hardcoreness.

  3. #3

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    oh i know it will be, im just getting alittle vocal back at the guys telling me i dont deserve to see the same stuff they do because i cantplay as much.

  4. #4

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Seems like you're omitting a lot of information.

    Is the said person calling you out because you made a pretty obvious mistake and wiped the raid and you were consistently under performing the entire time.
    Maybe he was just having a bad day (we all have those).
    Perhaps he was just was jerk

    As of right now, content is really catered towards players like you, and even for the top end guilds its not even possible to raid for 80 hours a week because everything gets cleared in one night.

    I can see your frustration but it seems a bit misguided...

  5. #5

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    And please stop yelling at the hardcore players too!!

    They are making it hard for themselves. Because of their hardcoreness they clear all content in 1-2 weeks... and then.???

    They have to sit in bordom for months. This will hurt them very much. They slack, stop playing, quit, etc . All out of misery because there is nothing to conquer for them anymore.

    So just be a casual, be proud of it, and laugh in quietness about all those stupid hardcore players who think casuals are less then them.

    PS I also cleared all content (except S3D) in 2 weeks.

  6. #6

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    nice point dude, maybe all those people who can only play WoW don't deserve life that much, maybe they should be banned from life for not doing something with it besides playing wow al time. maybe those people who didn't finish their education should not be allowed to recieve anything etc etc

  7. #7

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Maleus
    nice point dude, maybe all those people who can only play WoW don't deserve life that much, maybe they should be banned from life for not doing something with it besides playing wow al time. maybe those people who didn't finish their education should not be allowed to recieve anything etc etc
    Wait, Having fun and spending your time on something you like is a bad thing now?
    You really can't knock on someone for something like that

  8. #8

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    I think the problem comes because for the hardcore even the hard modes arnt hard enough, and the rewards for doing them are gash. when you see 20 man s3d kills (suposedly as hard as it gets aside from 10man ofc) then you can see the hardcore are gonna get bored and fast :P

    They dont mind that you will get to see the content what they mind is that in order for you to see the content they have to spend 6 months bored out of thier minds grinding stuff they can do with thier eyes closed.

    in the past ppl have always got to see the content one instance behind the hardcore after the successive nerfs and rebalances had made the like of Keal thas and vashj accessable, all the more casual players moved into black temple while the hardcore moved into sunwell, why this has been changed i cant begin to imagine. With a decent entry level raid to bring ppl up to speed instead of the old kara - 25man cock block this problem could be easily solved.

    Im not hardcore by any means but i've beaten all the "hard modes" except the god damn imortal or the lucky title as we call it on our god forsaken lag infested server. thats with holding down a demanding job and raiding less than 3 hours a night 3 nights a week, if i was a hardcore player i would i think feel justifyably a little miffed by that.

  9. #9

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    1: actually, ive never been told i underperformed other than the 1st time i tried tanking haha. my raid experiences have usually gone well. theres always a few exceptions tho. all in all id say im doin pretty well.

    2: that wasnt my point, i only said that to compare it to the standards "hardcore" wow'ers put on us casual's. does it seem fair? hell no...would i want that? hell no. i just wanna raid in peace(which i do when i can) and not be told because i cant play as much i dont deserve the things hardcores do.

    also let me be clear, when i do play i roll my sleeves up and get what i need to get done to be where im at, i dont sit around in trade chat or roll 30 alts etc etc, i think that if u work hard. 16 hours a week or 80 hours a week its all the same. dedication scales. i dont think that people in greens with no motivation should see the same stuff and generally they dont. i think bliz has found a nice balance to the difficulty of the game.

  10. #10

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Despized
    --->8---
    Im what i like to call a hardcore casual player.
    ---8<---
    and thats where i stopped reading :



  11. #11

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    dont turn this into a troll thread pls. ya u can quote that...but quote the rest of it to where i say thats not what i want or mean.

  12. #12

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    why do you feel attacked by peeps writing you can't do this and can't do that cause you don't play that often?

    Just ignore that dude, Ulduar ain't even released.
    Instead of getting fed up by those posts, add some quality time to your chars /played.

    the game > forums


  13. #13

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    If you're pulling the same weight as you're suppose to, then I don't see why anyone has the right to complain.
    Sounds like a case of someone being a jerk.


  14. #14

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Despized
    I love wow, i enjoy my time i spend on it and i want to see the content that all you folks who may not have obligations to keep you from playing.
    You assume too much. It is very and easily possible to raid with a 'casual' guild and see all content. Oh and btw, sunwell is still there, and is easily puggable with 15-20 people in 1-2 hours.

    i should say that since you dont spend as much time at work,
    with your family or anything else you may give up, that you dont deserve a family, or a job etc etc.
    If I don't put any time or effort into getting a job, then NO I don't deserve one. I don't think you thought about this too much.

    thinking this is a troll post sayin ppl who are hardcore have no lives
    You say this, but then your post does the complete opposite, arguing from the point of hardcore's having no lifes, and assuming they don't want you to see the content simply because they have no life other than wow.

  15. #15

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    I think the problem is that everyone thinks that hardcore player = i play 20 hours a day.

    Imo many ppl are upset because the new content is too easy and mind me i don't mean hard = full consumables and 3 weeks for each boss, i just mean a boss with some tactic and a little use of brains.
    Tbh i didn't see sunwell in tbc but i'm not upset, i'm more upset now that every pug with no skill and brain is able to clear everything.

    I'm not in a hardcore guild (many of us works or study at university) but we managed to clear most of old content, 3 days a week for 3 hours so imo "social life" problem is just an excuse to wine about the fact that in tbc you weren't full epic in 2 days.

    Play counter strike if you want the best gear with no effort.

  16. #16

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    People who spend their time on forums are more than the average person who plays wow. We come here for advise, to talk, to QQ, to learn about the game, or just to fine tune our strats. Whatever the case may be we all are guilty of being elitest in some shape or form. For every 1 hardcore player there is 10 hardcore/casual and 100 casual raider. So when someone QQ's on a forum they are part of that 11. They don't make up the majority and don't reflect the games entirety. I play the game because its fun. If the only goal is to be server first in all content than bitch about having nothing to do than I'm sorry for you because you miss out on a lot of fun just pugging along and having fun with friends.

  17. #17
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,512

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    "Most of whom never had a chance to finish a raid. They didn't get to see some of the best art in the game, hear the unique music or voice over, or in many cases even see the villian at the end of their quest line. From a production POV, instances are very expensive. It seems an odd choice to lavish all that attention on such a tiny percent of the player base.

    At the same time, we know there are players who love a challenge and are willing to do almost anything to beat a raid-destroying boss provided they also have a shot at the best loot. They don't want the instances to be over too soon. They like banging their head against the wall.

    And so hard modes were born. We tested the water a little with Obsidian Sanctum. We're going full bore with Ulduar."


    Blue post. 'nuff said

    Everybody "deserves" to see all the content. If you like to bang your head against a wall, there are hardmodes. If you are a person who thinks some people "do not deserve" to see it all, you are just sad.

    "you" is not directed at any special poster of reply here. "You" know if you are "you" ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #18

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Pretty sure none of the "hardcore" crowd cares how much you play or what you do when you're not playing WoW. As a member of a decently "hardcore" guild I recognize that you can play this game very skillfully and not invest a lot of time in doing so. That said, I'm kind of miffed that all this content is so easy that people who barely know how to play their class can still kill every boss. There's no excuse for making encounters that are so miserably tuned that even eye-gougingly bad players can down them.

  19. #19

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    casual is different then bad, if you and your group are good theres no reason you shouldn't be able to kill shit in ulduar

  20. #20

    Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    I'm not in a hardcore guild (many of us works or study at university) but we managed to clear most of old content, 3 days a week for 3 hours so imo "social life" problem is just an excuse to wine about the fact that in tbc you weren't full epic in 2 days.
    Not that I'm arguing but I would like to point out that heroics and kara pugs were wearing sunwell gear through badges. Epic s1 and s2 gear were given out as candy to players who afk BG's and/or paid a few to carry them to a 2000 rating team. But lets not forget that in TBC the only heroic to give epic loot on the last boss was MGT at the end of TBC. I would bet money if TBC had the same loot system where the last boss dropped epics you would have seen tons of epic players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •