Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

Day has 24 hours
    don't blame anyone besides YOU if you don't can do the things you like.

24 hours
    - ~ 7 hours sleep
    - ~ 9 hours work, driving to work
    - ~ 3 hours for things like cooking, eating, buying food,...
    So that's 5 hours a day left for all the things that are not necessary for survive the day

You have kids that need 2 or 3 hours a day from your attention? Thats fine, i would spend some time too with my kids if i had some
    But don't came here and say " OMG i got RL, plz nerf game so normal ppl can play wow too"
    It was your decision and everybody knows that kids need time and that you you must cutting some time from your free time for them.
    Thats with EVERY hobby so.

If you play like 3 times a week soccer training and on weekend in amateur league, and than you got kids, do you say
    "Hey folks, now i have RL and so, lets play like one time a week, and sometimes i don't came because im not like you freeks i'm RL pro, but i want play in the important games and also win the trophy with you because i pay my soccer club membership"

So now the RL pros came and say
    "wow your a freek, soccer is rl, nub, and wow is just a game, get yourself a RL"

WoW = Hobby = RL
    Thats it
    You play WoW with other human beeings, afaik

SO all i want to say is, that it's your choice whatcha do with ya free time and what you get from it.
    Nobody force you to marry (anyway not in the industrialcountrys ^^), nobody force you to get kids, and so on.

If someone spend more time with anything, it's just NORMAL that he mostly get more than a person who don't spend so much time into it.

That's just the way it is.
    If ya want, just gave me an counterexample

PS Sorry for very bad english, but it's freeking late :
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

They should nerf Half-Life 2 because i can't get to last lvl and i payed the same price as everybody else.

See woot i did here ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    They should nerf Half-Life 2 because i can't get to last lvl and i payed the same price as everybody else.

See woot i did here ?
    This is pretty much the plague of all gaming right now. Large corporations are so interested in this hypothetical "casual" market that most games have become dumbed down.

I purpose the DMC3 method for "casuals". You play the game at its' intended difficulty and you keep losing until it says "Easy mode unlocked" then you can enjoy your mindless easy game. Maybe a message like that would open your eye to what's actually happening.

Solution: Pay no attention to things that annoy you. Especially if you can't control it

e.g Other peoples opinions, there's no Miniluv yet!!

/thread

There is no hardcore vs casual problem This game definetly has the potential of satisfying both groups. The idea of having two progression paths (10 an 25man) was awesome, but it was fcuked up royally by blizz by not making hardcore content hardcore.

Now we have an option to run the game in 10 or 25man mode, both equally difficult (or should i say easy) with another option to do it again with extra gimmicks (achievements). Actually the only difference between normal and heroic mode is the amount of raiders required to do it, with some stuff (esp achievements) beeing actually harder do complete in 10man.

Why not make normal mode easy like it is now, and less time consuming by that so casual and ocasionall players can see the content without needing to spent 25 hours/week raiding, and 25 man content more challenging (and requireing more time to finish) to give hardcores what they want.

This idea provides another thing, which is a goal, something to aim for, for all the casuals who would like to start playing more hardcore and enjoy the game on a different "no-life" level. This is even more important than "letting them all enjoy the end game" as it was the reason to keep playing (and paying) the game back in the old days.

And before anyone starts with all that achievement and hard mode male cow excrement, challenging content is 10x better than optional hardmode because if you clear an easymode instance a few time you'll eventually get very good and geared and then doing hard modes is just another extra gimmick, not making the content much more interesting. I don't have anything against achievements as long as the encounter itself is challenging, giving that adrenaline boost old stuff used to give after killing something.

15+ Year Old Account

For all my brothers (and sisters), unite my personal experiences in Ulduar are positive ones. As a player who truly enjoyed the challenges of working for more then a week to clear SW (pre nerf of any type) and other challenging encounters, I have to say I am enjoying Ulduar.

Is it the new SW? No, but it has interesting boss encounters and the "Hard" modes are more then just a gimmick. It's a step in the right direction and thats the most we can ask for from Blizz. Oh man are pug groups going to eat it on some of the encounters!!!!!!

BUT to clarify this to all the people on the other side of the fence, the feeling of having to learn the encounter means more to me then any loot item etc.. The rush of that hard worked boss kill is a feeling that I crave (loot only started meaning more to me when it became the only thing left to strive for) to accomplish what others haven't is what drives me. If you have done what I have and don't understand or feel like me then I truly pity you... it's bliss. And if you feel that this game isn't worthy of sacrificing other RL things then thats your choice but I am 28 have traveled most of the world, have an awesome job, a great house and cottage and a girl that I can say honestly that I love. Despite that I would trade them for the feeling I get when I down a boss and know that I am better then 12million other people. Does that make me socially fucked and the minority of the population? probably but it was people like myself that have 12 active accounts that got this game off the ground when it came out on beta, not you scrub tards that I'm now going to refer to as hiptards (hippies + retards, because you care about people that are to pathetic to strive to get what they want, and expect to get it). I personally will probably die in 40 years, why should people that don't wanna make the most of there life get rewarded for it, I have chosen too.

Yes I am Elitist and damn proud of it I live RL the same way and I enjoy every orgasmic fucking moment of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Be11o
    For all my brothers (and sisters), unite my personal experiences in Ulduar are positive ones. As a player who truly enjoyed the challenges of working for more then a week to clear SW (pre nerf of any type) and other challenging encounters, I have to say I am enjoying Ulduar.

Is it the new SW? No, but it has interesting boss encounters and the "Hard" modes are more then just a gimmick. It's a step in the right direction and thats the most we can ask for from Blizz. Oh man are pug groups going to eat it on some of the encounters!!!!!!

BUT to clarify this to all the people on the other side of the fence, the feeling of having to learn the encounter means more to me then any loot item etc.. The rush of that hard worked boss kill is a feeling that I crave (loot only started meaning more to me when it became the only thing left to strive for) to accomplish what others haven't is what drives me. If you have done what I have and don't understand or feel like me then I truly pity you... it's bliss. And if you feel that this game isn't worthy of sacrificing other RL things then thats your choice but I am 28 have traveled most of the world, have an awesome job, a great house and cottage and a girl that I can say honestly that I love. Despite that I would trade them for the feeling I get when I down a boss and know that I am better then 12million other people. Does that make me socially fucked and the minority of the population? probably but it was people like myself that have 12 active accounts that got this game off the ground when it came out on beta, not you scrub tards that I'm now going to refer to as hiptards (hippies + retards, because you care about people that are to pathetic to strive to get what they want, and expect to get it). I personally will probably die in 40 years, why should people that don't wanna make the most of there life get rewarded for it, I have chosen too.

Yes I am Elitist and damn proud of it I live RL the same way and I enjoy every orgasmic fucking moment of it.

12 active accounts? Its possible I guess.

Would trade your house and cottage for a harder raid boss to beat? A little out there, but Ill buy it.

You have a girl who you love? Okay now I know this is all just your made up fantasy.

You had me going there for a bit, had the beginings of something insightfull, and then you started talking about how awesome you were in the real world. I've got new for you champ, people who actually make something out of their life, travel the world, have multiple houses and millions of dollars, they don't hang out on wow message boards at midnight calling other people tards and hippies and talking about how awesome their life is. If their life was awesome, they'd be outliving it.

PS: Maybe Im wrong and everything youve said is true. If so, show your post to that girl you love so much and see how she feels about willingness to trade her away for a more complex video game boss. Show it to your therapist too, maybe he/she can help you prioritize better.

PPS: WoW is a blizzard game, and like all blizzard games, it was heavily anticipated and everyone knew it would be good. You didnt do it any favours by being in the beta. You are not elite. You did not save the game from certain failure by participating in the beta and making it popular. They held a lottery for invites. People sold beta keys on Ebay for hundreds of dollars. WOW was a billion dollar game from the momemt Metzen said "Hey, lets make the next warcraft game a mmo" it didnt need help from anyone.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok I lied I wouldn't trade her we had a laugh about it when I wrote it, I only said it after she said she would trade me for better content. XD

I don't have even close to a million dollars, I work for Apple.... I had a few stocks. LOL

And why is it weird I'm on a forum at this time.. which could be any time. Wow's a passion and this is entertaining

And I ten box, so having the accounts is necessary, and then there was that time I tried rolling alliance...fail.

<---- Self admitted social issues btw.

@Despized,

Thanks for your post, actually I agree with all points you make.
    To add to the picture, let's color it:

- There are people who can play the game, are very skilled. Actually they need much less time to clear an instance - especially if they are in a good guild. With BC there was no other way, so people got better, and guilds got better. These guilds are clueless what to do, as content - even hardmodes - have been cleared.
    - There are people who are terminally ill, and play the game all day - to take their minds off their certain illness that will carry them away. I have met such person, a very kind girl. Its a sad story. She played a lot, made a lot of good friends. She is not alone, so content that is made "hardmode" is made for those people too, not just hardcores.
    - There are people who made redundant, at home, looking for job, they find WOW fun, enjoying - if there are challenges. These people enjoy hardmodes too, enjoyed BC - can't enjoy WOTLK because they are forgotten.
    - There are people like me, who with family, kids, stressful job, in a successful guild can clear all WTLK content in 5 hrs. I moan because back in BC the harder raiding environment did releive the stress at work, provided ultimate fun when you downed a cock-buster boss that was in the way for the next encounter. That releif, that you shared with 25 other people back in BC is just not part of WOTLK.
    - That is why we need hardmodes. Currently there is very very very very very very little there - Sarth 3D and Maly 6 mins ONLY. This is very scary compared to how much they have done for "bad" players.
    - Blizzard originally promised 2 different raiding levels - one for hardcore one for casual (25 vs 10 man). This was 100% untrue, both were made for casuals. Blizzard promised achievement system - we hoped it was for hardcore too - but its not, its for casuals and aimed at keeping you in game for very long, rather than have exciting boss encounters that give quality entertainment. I don't want to do Salty achievement, or 5000 bandages. I don't want to go around Azeroth vising every city again to find an elder. Its really bad.
    - Blizzard promised hardmodes in Ulduar, and I am sceptical - deep inside hoping I am wrong.

Deleted

I thought the whole point of WotLK was to make it casual
    Hell, you can clear all raid-content during one raid evening.
    There are tons of dailys, new profs to level up, new achievement and stuff to do at your own pace.

BWL was kindda hardcore, Sunwell was über-hardcore (and very well done). Naxx/Maly/OS is very easy compared to past raid instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen
    I thought the whole point of WotLK was to make it casual
    Hell, you can clear all raid-content during one raid evening.
    There are tons of dailys, new profs to level up, new achievement and stuff to do at your own pace.

BWL was kindda hardcore, Sunwell was über-hardcore (and very well done). Naxx/Maly/OS is very easy compared to past raid instances.
    And instead of making in casual they made it "bad player friendly". Thing is that huge majority of casual players (and by casual i mean people with full time jobs, familys, RL, people who don't have time to raid every day or, which is more likely, don't really want to) are good, skilled, challenge-loving players. Thats a hefty group of players not having what they would liketo have. Instead blizz made players with names like "DKdoom", "Powerpally", "Legloas" and "Gemmli" happy, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Be11o

English and Grammar are soemthing your not good at then, that means on all of this, you still suck balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by ghettojoe
    I still don't see the problem. You have a hardmode that gives you better gear, titles, mounts, and other things (legendaries possibly) for doing something harder. What more do you want?

I'll tell you what you want. You want your gear to be so much better than casuals that everyone would want it but casuals could never get it, since they don't have the time to put into and get for themselves. Basically you want to take your gear that's 30 ilvls higher than casuals' gear and throw it in their face to make fun of them. That's the only logical conclusion I can come up with.
    I wont try to convince you that Im not playing for that, you will just have to accept the possibility that its true. What I am saying is when I/my guild didnt get into sunwell I knew why - its because A: we were not good enough B: we did not put the time in.

By contrast it seems some people, if they were in our position, think its bullshit that they didnt get in. They want it so if they were in our position they shouldnt get stuck on vashj (took us ages) and Kael (we never managed kael) we got into BT when attunements removed and got as far as mother then the nerf hit and we cleared everything.

So thats the difference Im talking about - me knowing why we didnt get into sunwell and accepting the reasoning. And people thinking its blizzards fault and not accepting the reasoning, they are my enemies in morality - I consider them not only greedy but that they have some sort of misguided sense that they deserved to be in sunwell despite the lack of effort/skill/commitment.

15+ Year Old Account

I may be wrong, but recent studies from a highly competent group of scientists would appread to state this: making things that only 1% of the players can see gave Blizzard 11mil customers
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    I may be wrong, but recent studies from a highly competent group of scientists would appread to state this: making things that only 1% of the players can see gave Blizzard 11mil customers
    That's apple argument about their 8% market share.
    Imagine if they had done windows ...

hey cool another casual versus hardcore argument that doesn't really hold
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Despized
    Now with all that said, being a new father with a full time job, why does the hardcore player deserve to see new raid content and get full clears and loot etc etc more than me. I like wow just as much, have probably spent more hours and have had to sacrifice much more to get what little time i do get to see and get to the level of this content.
    FUCK SAKE NOT WITH THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN

The "why I can't see the same as the Hardcore ones" has been carried on for AGES, and now that you have your shiny easy mode 10mans and average difficulty 25mans what in the world do you have to complain about?

Just let it be and watch others clear the Hard Modes.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Now only 110'000 players out of 11'000'000 have done Naxxramas25?
    Sartharion?
    Nerfed and PUGGED OT HELL MH and BT?

Ridicolous attempt of acting like serious and sober non-addicted-by-wow-comment is Ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Now only 110'000 players out of 11'000'000 have done Naxxramas25?
    Sartharion?
    Nerfed and PUGGED OT HELL MH and BT?

Ridicolous attempt of acting like serious and sober non-addicted-by-wow-comment is Ridicolous.
    He was referring to pre-BC exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Baever
    He was referring to pre-BC exclusively.
    well still not an valid argument becuase pre-tbc there was far from 11million players in this game