enhSim, need help!!

Hi guys, in my quest in improving my gear i decided to run EnhSim to get EP values. But i dont understand anything wich isn't really healping me lol.

After reading on Elitist and all that i dont understand the meaning of the values especially for the negative ones
    Here are the values I got on 55h simulation.

ap= 1 crit=-0 hit=0 expertise= 0 haste= 1 armor pen= -0
    spellpwr= 1 mhdps=-2 ohdps=-7 str=1 agil=1 int=1

here is my armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nyxia&n=Hawkar

Thx for taking time to answer me ( sry for my bad english)

Re: enhSim, need help!!

First step: in your EP tab, set precision to 2 decimal digits so you don't get whole number EP values.

Second step: Increase your simulation time. If you use a number that is too low, you will see unreliable results with wild fluctuations each time you run the simulator. 55 hours is very very low -- the results you will receive with that number are garbage.

For calculating DPS, 2,500 hrs simulation time should give you a reliable result for comparing different configurations.

For calculating EP values (like you are doing), I would recommend an even higher number -- 10,000-20,000 hrs works fine. The higher the number of hours, the more stable the result will be. Personally, I use 50,000 hrs for calculating EP values which probably is overkill -- and takes awhile -- but gives me stable numbers that fluctuate little from one sim to the next. If you play around with the sim time numbers, after awhile, you probably will settle on a number that suits your need for reliability and your level of patience (my numbers are just suggestions -- other people may have different suggested numbers).

Equivalency Point values are abstractions that compare the relative dps value of a stat to attack power. For example, if the EP value of agility is 1.6, that means each point of agility should increase your dps by the equivalent of 1.6 attack power. EP values just convert other stats into their attack power equivalent. Once you have EP values, you can calculate the EP score for any piece of gear and compare it, apples to apples, to another piece of gear even though it might have totally different stats (e.g. one piece stacks haste and crit while the other piece stacks hit and expertise-- now you can compare them).

A negative EP values means more of that stat will actually decrease your dps. Once you increase your simulation time, you shouldn't see any negative EP values (except, on occasion, haste can turn negative for a narrow range of gear level but then becomes positive again as your gear improves past this narrow range).

A couple comments about your gear. After you run the sim, you should find that hit has the highest EP value for you of any gemmable stat. Right now you have gemmed for expertise before reaching the spell hit cap. You should gem/enchant for hit (e.g. +20 hit to gloves) until you reach 367/14% (which is the spell hit cap if you have misery or improved fairie fire in the raid) and only after that focus on expertise. That should yield a dps increase. Also, Totem of Splintering is awful. The level 70 badge of justice relic Stonebreaker's Totem should improve your dps as well. But please feel free to confirm all this in EnhSim.

That ended up being a long post. Slow economy -- guess I have too much time at work.

Thx alot dude, really helpfull, and I did read all of it . Im gonna start having fun now
    I would just like to know what are EP numbers you enter in your GUi and other Simulatons Values. I dont really understant that part, im presently using numbers they kinda suggest in the config text but i dont think they are the bests.

Are you talking about the numbers in the EP tab? I would suggest using the default/suggested values unless you are trying to manipulate your results in some way.

Those EP ranges are how much of that stat is added to calculate the change in dps. For example, if your hit EP range is 30, the simulator would calculate your baseline dps with the stats you inputted, then add 30 hit to your stats, and calculate the difference in your dps to figure out how much dps the +30 hit added. Then it would divide the increase by 30 to figure out how much each point of hit added to your dps. Sometimes people use negative EP range values, especially if they are close to the cap on a stat and want to figure out the true value of a capped stat, but that is fairly advanced stuff.

Changing your EP value ranges will change the results you get, so I wouldn't play too much with them unless you have a specific purpose in mind. If you read through the config.txt that comes with EnhSim, there are comments about what many of the other values mean if you want to really play around.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkar
    Thx alot dude, really helpfull, and I did read all of it . Im gonna start having fun now
    I would just like to know what are EP numbers you enter in your GUi and other Simulatons Values. I dont really understant that part, im presently using numbers they kinda suggest in the config text but i dont think they are the bests.
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!! DO NOT touch the EP values in the config files leave them alone, use the defaults unless you are well versed in EXACTLY what changing them means. Since you clearly don't know what they do SERIOUSLY DON'T TOUCH!!!

The RESULTS you get you can use to enter into websites like LootRank and wowhead or into addons like Pawn & EquivalencePoints.

Again Thx a lot. All info i couldn't find on my own with good enough clarification. And i guess i wont touch those values ;D.

I did rerun the Sim and i got much better results.When i simulate : should I do it with mana or without mana calculation cause when i add the mana sim it seems to give me really high EP for MP5 wich is kind of useless. Some people seems to do it with while other don't. Maybe its just me making a mistake.

In my rotation i add SR has first only if left than 1000 mana. i also count mana spring totem but it's giving me something like MP5: 3.77 EP or something like that.(higher than Hit rating and Expertise value)

Also what is the diferrence between Simulation Time and Simulation TIme combatlog or Is there different recommended numbers for each or i just enter same numbers