Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: [Priest] Talent & Glyph Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Also, not skilling MB cooldown is a no-go. It seems that this is intended to be a BG-only spec? Because otherwise you would have to skill manaburn. And in a BG I could see not taking Silent Resolve because who dispells in BGs anyway.

Also: Why Pain & Suffering? 3 points for 30% less damage taken from a 12s CD spell is rather lackluster. There are way better talents out there than this for pvp.
    You maybe right about pain & suffering i'm a pver at heart so i hang on to tight to such talents perhaps, but when I do pvp its only for bgs and I have no problems doing those in pve spec.

I absolutely agree with your points in the Discipline Tree. I really don't think there's any way to improve upon that.

I can't agree with picking up Healing Focus and Improved Renew over Divine Fury. I will say that all of them are sub-par talents, but I think Divine Fury is potentially more useful. Healing Focus is still mostly replaced by Concentration Aura, and paying 2 points for 15% pushback reduction just doesn't seem worth it. If you don't have a Holy Paladin in the raid, though, that may still be useful. Even with Improved Renew, I can't see Renew being useful by Discipline because the new Improved Flash Heal makes it almost always superior by being better HPM; plus, Renew cannot crit without Empowered Renew, while Flash Heal can, so you have to also factor in Divine Aegis procs. Meanwhile, Greater Heal still looks like it will be higher HPS than Flash Heal with Divine Fury, so while it may kill your mana, having the option to burn some mana for more HPS is valuable. Moreso, assuming the PWS->Penance->GH combo isn't broken, it will still be useful for that as well.

So, while I agree that Divine Fury has lost some ground with the addition of Empowered Flash Heal and the change to Rapture, I don't think it's lost enough ground to justify grabbing those other two talents over it.
    At the moment I have divine fury aswell in my pve build, but I can also just chaincast greater heal and not go oom in a raiding environment. This is mostly because of rapture, with manareturns from the heal itself and divine aegis procs. But in 3.1 greater heal will be as costly as casting prayer of healing. and since we get 15% reduction on flash heal + the glyph, I think casting greater heal will be very rare and perhaps in conjunction with inner focus + borrowed time, or with power infusion.

I might still put the points from renew into divine fury, but I like healing focus, also helps with not losing any penance ticks.

While I agree that concentration aura is better, I just would feel naked without speccing it :X

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    You maybe right about pain & suffering i'm a pver at heart so i hang on to tight to such talents perhaps, but when I do pvp its only for bgs and I have no problems doing those in pve spec.
    Your pve spec includes silence and psychic horror? And doesn't include less MB cooldown? No matter what you plan to do with a spec, 5/5 Improved Mind Blast is pretty much a given.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

During tbc I pvpd as shadow, I wasnt to bad at it, warriors and hunters were truly cake.

My strategy usually was vampiric touch > sw > starshards T_T > fear > mindblast > mindflay, and then just try to survive. but Ye from melee I was mostly running with instant casts, thats why I didnt include improved mindblast because i dont use it often in pvp, and against casters i was more stationary.

Deleted

I'm thinking about going with this spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9684

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9704

Shadow PVE spec, a little sad that I had to give up Inner Focus after having for so long.

The fact that the people arguing empowered healing is bad "because, you'll over heal a Main Tank".. well the fact that you are only ever healing the MT is probably your problem.

Holy priests are probably the best all around healers. if you need a main tank heal we can do the job, though others can do it better. but I feel Holy priests strongest aspect is there powerful raid heals. not only do we have an instant cast smart heal.. we have a group heal (pretty useless most of the time) a quick but powerful flash heal that procs for instant casts. bubbles(though i rarely use as holy admitedly) and a decent HoT.

If you're concerned about overhealing a tank.. well then you're either only brought in for patch.. or have no raid frames, because other people take damage and alot of it.. personally I hardly even use greater heal because i dont want to overheal...

-------------------------------------

And the same argument goes for the person that said "tanks never get below 50% health so test of faith is useless"

----------------------------------------

anyway heres a WWS from IDK 3 weeks ago.. (stopped really caring after we lost immortal on four horse to a stupid chain) and died on saph yest still came in 3rd.. I dont even remember why.

anyway.. 38% of my heals are flash heals... 4% are greater heals.

Lastly the extra strength of healing can result in procing the mana gain on serendipty... you will find that a larger proportion of heals that have empowered healing will OH and thus you get more mana back from serendipity this way.
    Have you looked at the new serendipity? You don't get mana back on overheals anymore.

My Priest will have a Holy spec (currently)

and a Shadow spec (doh)

so here it is

1: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9704

or

2: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9704

any suggestions ?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal
    any suggestions ?
    the second one looks better. the improved dp is a great instant dps boots. I'd also drop horror and inner focus to get improved shadowform. with aoe effects you could lose a lot of dps.

I´ll be running this spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...6&version=9704

I took talents like body and soul purely because I want a "skill once and be happy" build and in 5 or 10 man instances being able to dispell poisons should not be underestimated (the 60% run increase is helpful as well especially in movement-fights).

3% more heal isn´t that big of a deal and test of faith isn´t THAT important in my opinion.

just my 2 cent

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaes
    I´ll be running this spec

I took talents like body and soul purely because I want a "skill once and be happy" build and in 5 or 10 man instances being able to dispell poisons should not be underestimated (the 60% run increase is helpful as well especially in movement-fights).
    The poison removal is only on yourself, not on others, although the movement increase is kinda hot in some areas >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I usually run 10-mans and not 25-mans and I'm looking at this build as Holy:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9704

For whatever it's worth I'm really enjoying this thread. I know I'm going to get my head bit off for expressing this but I think that come 3.1 Holy priests are one of the best designed classes talent-wise and glyph-wise in the game. There are a lot of differences cropping up depending on how people view their role in the raid, their healing style, as well as tentative theorycrafting. Over on the EJ forums the 3.1 priest thread also has a rather solid on-going discussion of the glyphs and it seems like there too Holy is facing a lot of options; Flash Heal seems to be a given, but there have even been some good points brought up against the "must take" CoH glyph in favor of some of the other options. All in all, I find it rather refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus
    I usually run 10-mans and not 25-mans and I'm looking at this build as Holy:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9704

For whatever it's worth I'm really enjoying this thread. I know I'm going to get my head bit off for expressing this but I think that come 3.1 Holy priests are one of the best designed classes talent-wise and glyph-wise in the game. There are a lot of differences cropping up depending on how people view their role in the raid, their healing style, as well as tentative theorycrafting. Over on the EJ forums the 3.1 priest thread also has a rather solid on-going discussion of the glyphs and it seems like there too Holy is facing a lot of options; Flash Heal seems to be a given, but there have even been some good points brought up against the "must take" CoH glyph in favor of some of the other options. All in all, I find it rather refreshing.
    I've been saying for awhile that a Holy Priest is the only healer you could take 5-6 of into Ulduar and have any hope of succeeding. They fill each and every role, maybe not as well as any of the other dedicated specs, but they can.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Disc spec (my main raiding spec...)

The holy spec i'd be using

Shadow (old main spec for years)

Btw. Holy can be often times claimed as "The best healing spec for Priests", and while yes they do put out the large heals, Disc can actually outlast a Holy pally in many fights. Disc also brings quite a lot more to the table as far as raid utility. 0 CD power word shields, Grace on your MT, Pain sup for "OH S**T" situations, PI for your top Caster DPS or even a heal support, the massive amount of absorbtion that is associated with disc healing, etc. There's so much that disc has to offer that it can actually make Holy look like a joke (unless solely raid healing =P).
    Disc, might I add, is also quite sensative to whether it's good or bad. It takes a skilled priest to actually play Disc Effectively, and to it's fullest.

not having empowered healing when going deep into holy just makes no sense to me...your 2 main heals will be that less effective, so why ignore that talent?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MTVRiffRaff
    Disc spec (my main raiding spec...)

Btw. Holy can be often times claimed as "The best healing spec for Priests", and while yes they do put out the large heals, Disc can actually outlast a Holy pally in many fights. Disc also brings quite a lot more to the table as far as raid utility. 0 CD power word shields, Grace on your MT, Pain sup for "OH S**T" situations, PI for your top Caster DPS or even a heal support, the massive amount of absorbtion that is associated with disc healing, etc. There's so much that disc has to offer that it can actually make Holy look like a joke (unless solely raid healing =P).
    Disc, might I add, is also quite sensative to whether it's good or bad. It takes a skilled priest to actually play Disc Effectively, and to it's fullest.
    Your disc spec is a bit off.
    Even with the reduction in mana return from rapture, Improved Healing is not worth takeing over 2/2 Renewed Hope and 3/3 Focused Will.
    Also you dont even have the shadowfriend glyph ???

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...2&version=9704
    This is a much more well rounded disc spec that has higher focus on throughput.

I can guarantee that our heal styles are different, and also raid settings by the changes you tell me to make on my spec. While your spec may work for you, I feel that this spec http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9704 would fit my style and raid setup better. With the minor glyph, I really don't care for any of em...they're not gonna be a game changer for me, so as far as those go, I'm not concerned. Just by armorying your toon, we also gear differently as well. Where you may have a bit more crit and haste atm, I have far more While-casting MP5 and spellpower. It's all about your play style and how the spec fits your styles of healing. The only thing about my spec I wanted to share was the base... lil' changes can always be made to fit your style of play.

This will be my raid healing build.

I'm going for serendipity and healing prayers because i plan to use prayer of healing a lot more with the changes that are scheduled.
    (prayer of healing now heals everyone in your targets group not just your own group)

Now i can stack 3 flash heals to reduce the cast time of prayer of healing by 36%, making it roughly 1.92seconds. (not counting gear)

so if you have surge of light, and cast instant CoH, get the proc, free flash heal 12% inc, flash - flash to top up 2 others, then a 2s prayer of healing will prolly proc surge again, so flash once more then CoH hopefully proc surge again, 2nd free flash, flash once more and another 2s prayer of healing. repeat. tossing in quick gheals if needed.

basically just rotating prayer of healing and CoH, the more the surge of light procs, the less you pay for flash heals. should be fun.

With the glyph to increase prayer of healing amount, and the new way that it works it should be pretty easy to top healing charts and our raid healing ability is just going to be amazing now.