Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Re: [Priest] Talent & Glyph Discussion

I am going to go with this as PVE shadow so I can see how useful Psychic Horror is. I can imagine it being quite useful for controlling any humanoid adds if things get a little hairy, keeping them cowering long enough to get off a Mind Control.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...1&version=9704

And then for PVE holy, I am going with this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9684
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Smite Build???So i m i m not the only insane here who has try it??? ;D Btw are you going to play in bg with it?or just farming?
    [quote=Xelaeno ]
    Smite Build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...1&version=9704

Nope you are definitely not the only one. I use it for farming and 5 men, so pve only. Smite build is bursty so it kills crap very fast, and with the new smite glyph and hymn of hope mechanic changes I'm pretty itchy to try it out in raids as well. in bg, Smite is extremely squishy if you get targeted by anyone. but if you can find a bush to hide in, you can nuke the hell out of someone.

inc flame

no seriously, i know it's not viable, it's poor damage, it's oom blah blah, but give me a break i want to have fun and for me smiting is fun. i'm dual-spec shadow pve and smite pve. so if you need great damage i will go shadow, but for pugs that i lead, i go smite with one line:"hi kids, if i out dps anyone other than the tanks you need to l2p ", it actually makes folks nervous.

Xen, you're my hero. Smite has always held a close place in my heart, not for the omg uber raid deeps that it can do, but because it's fun and isn't that what this game is supposed to be about?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

/nod

It's your $15 a month, do whatever you want with it. I value my game enjoyment more than other people's opinions/perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    /nod

It's your $15 a month, do whatever you want with it. I value my game enjoyment more than other people's opinions/perceptions.
    Just makes me a little sad that you can't snag some sexy glyphed Penance in that build of yours :-\
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Thats why I keep my mage Frost for PVE. Well, that and I cant bear to get rid of Squishy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

oh man frost is super fun for pve.

bubble -> run around insane taggin mobs -> ice block -> nova -> blink -> blizzard x 2 -> loot fest...

well my mage's only lvl 31 but i'm enjoying the leveling experience immensely

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Just makes me a little sad that you can't snag some sexy glyphed Penance in that build of yours :-\
    expansion 3

You know you're outside the box when your second best dps glyph is the god-awful SWeath glyph...

there's only one dps improving glyph for a smite spec, so the other two are really just fillers, not really significant.

as smite, you don't cast mind blast because it is mana inefficient, so if you spec into improve spirit tap, the only thing that will help with your mana regeneration other than a killing blow is SW.

SW is better than mindblast, but not much better, so what you can do is couple SW with inner focus + 4 piece T7/7.5 bonus, at 25% crit chance for all spells, you have a 60% chance to proc IST with that combination. otherwise, you have a 35% regular chance for SW to proc IST. it's still on a chance, but because SW is instant, it's worth casting in your regular rotation, because tbh, as smite, we really need mana regeneration every chance we got .

The SW glyph is not minor if you consider a typical boss fight. Because a boss at 35% health with hp in the millions still require quite a little while before its dead, so SW glyph has its uses.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

This is the holy build i will be using come ulduar

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9704

I'm putting faith in renew coming back stronger, but if it turns out that it will still fall short than i'll put those points into test of faith or something.
    I dropped 1 point into Healing prayers because i had an extra point and i like to reduce Pom and Prayer since i think we'll be using it a lot more.
    I still cant justify getting desperate prayer, and i much prefer to take lightwell. My guild actually uses it.

Holy is lookin for strong imo for ulduar

15+ Year Old Account

That smite dps discussion was interesting. I looked at that smite build and it intrigues me. My priest is still levelling (74 currently), and she was a healer in TBC. I am levelling as shadow because I wanted to both be able to solo effectively and have a change from the healing role that I had her in at level 70.

I haven't decided whether I will go back to healing at 80 (of course with dual specs I could be healing and shadow), but at the moment I am enjoying shadow too much. I think I will leave her as a dpser. Having looked at that smite build, I am keen to actually try it out when 3.1 rolls around. Who knows, I could go smite / shadow dual spec and see how frigging fun it turns out to be.

Because as you guys have said, it's our money and our game-time, so we should do what we like the most. If I don't feel like healing as a priest this expansion, then nothing will make me spec into it. There's just something about casting damage spells that pumps the adrenaline through my body and gives me total enjoyment.

Smite-spec? We shall see. Intriguing idea.
    For the Alliance!

I think ive finally got what ill spec when 3.1 goes live.

Holy PvE
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9704

Im not entirely happy with this spec, but i did a lot of thinking and 40% buff to CoH will certainly make me use it more and with renew getting a revamp it made me go with MA. If mana is a non issue then i will definitely drop it and go for less efficiency.

If i was to change, the 4 points in disc would either go in Healing Focus (if i notice problems with AoE dmg), Healing prayers, Blessed Resilience, or Test of Faith. Personally i think 2/3 in Serendipity will be enough with what haste I will have raid buffed.

For my 2nd spec it took me a while. I couldn't decide between PvP disc or PvP shadow, but i finally decided to go PvP Shadow.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...4&version=9704
    I haven't been Shadow in a while, and even longer since i pvp as shadow (first month or so of lvl 70), so anyone with thoughts on the spec feel free.

I just figured with some of the shadow pvp buffs it sounds like a good time to give it another shot. I can still dps heroics and what not if need be, but its pretty much a given if im gonna raid its gonna be as holy so no real need for a PvE shadow spec outside farming.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Mind Flay is bad in pvp, m'kay?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Glyph of Mind Flay is bad in pvp, m'kay?
    If i remember right it only lowers speed to 40% instead of 50. 12 more yards on mind flay for only 10% reduction in speed sounds pretty good to me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    If i remember right it only lowers speed to 40% instead of 50. 12 more yards on mind flay for only 10% reduction in speed sounds pretty good to me.
    Glyphed it only reduces speed BY 10%, instead of 50%. So 40% loss. And 12 more yards isn't worth losing the only snare we have.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Glyphed it only reduces speed BY 10%, instead of 50%. So 40% loss. And 12 more yards isn't worth losing the only snare we have.
    Indeed, your right. Idno where i got that idea, guess i just didn't read the tooltip carefully. ;D Although that should be the damn glyph imo. :'(