Glyph of Guardian Spirit

Does anyone quite realize the power of the Glyph of Guardian Spirit with multiple holy priests in a 25 man? With 3 priests lets say, rotating Guardian Spirit, the tank would have it 50% of the time! There is no way that's going to stand, with 40% more healing just Renews/PoM between the 3 would easily be all that's needed.

Re: Glyph of Guardian Spirit

GS is a good spell, but one requiring jedi reflexes. With the glyph, the jedi reflexes part is no longer required; you can actually use the spell without worrying about wasting your only life-saving cooldown.

The glyph is powerful. But not to the point where absolutely every priest ever will take it (cue: Glyph of Flash Heal). Even if they did, I don't see any guild stacking holy priests over this. It's not like a pair of paladins already do an absolutely massive HPS on a tank already. It's not like you'll get to a situation where that will not be enough.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I think most people will have the following problem:

Which glyph would you drop for GS?

I'll be using Renew, CoH and PoH/FH when 3.1 hits (as holy ofc). All of these glyphs are a lot better than the GS one since they grant somewhat "permanent" bonuses, meaning that they affect spells that i can always cast. GS would still only be castale every 60 secs. It could be useful for GS rotations, yes, but i doubt that this will be done.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

With PoH becoming a group targettable heal at this point, I'd likely drop the CoH/PoH glyph for it.

I'll give it a shot when it comes out, and if I find it to not be very useful, then I'll switch back. I'm all for testing out a new glyph.

Then again, I'm also my guild's only raiding holy priest. Guardian Spirit sees a lot of use, mainly in saving DPS or a tank while I'm raid healing; I throw it down sometimes just to increase the healing taken by our tanks on occasion, not even because they may die during it's duration.

With changes to regen, I'm dropping Flash Heal and taking a step back like I did in SSC/TK, all-out with the Stop-Casting Greater Heals, and all that, so Flash no longer becomes my work-horse, thus I feel confident dropping that glyph. But hey, that's just me, and meters mean shit all when the spammers won't have the mana to pull through in the long run.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

dreamwalker

i never stopped using the arrow keys to stop casting, its a good habit for any class that casts to be quite honest.

i will have the power word shield glyph *might keep flash heal glyph*, the circle of healing glyph, and the prayer of healing glyph

for minor glyphs i will have the shadowfiend glyph, the levitate glyph, and the shadow prot glyph.

I like the new GS glyph, reducing the CD to 1 min, for me means i can GS every min. Ofc the idea is to 'absord a death', but lets face it, thats not the only times i use GS, usually i time my GS to a sec before i know it might get tough, hard or difficult. It doesn't have to be my assignment, it can be a tank a OT etc. The glyph will allow me to do this more often then once every 4 mins, and if i'll be honest GS is only that powerfull if it absords a death - if it doesn't it should be on a 1 minute or even less CD, something the GS glyph allows.

For holy priests that don't use GS this way this glyph will be useless, and they should pick up a better glyph for their gamestyle as they prefer.

The glyphs i'll use: Glyph of CoH, Glyph pf PoH, and Glyph of GS.

i am skiping: glyph of renew - yes it does now have nice synergy with the talent, but its less apealing for me (making my renew shorter, for me means refreshing it earlier, in cost of a bigger heal - this doesn't make sence for a pve hot that is my only hot), glyph of flash heal - yes some say its impossiable to play with, well on the ptr that was not what made me run oom, that amount of mana it reduces is not that drastic (do the calculation) - what made flash heal so spamable was replenishment + serendipity, the 10% reducing mana doesn't make a huge difference like playing without serendipity (but with the new one that gives haste). I might want to add from my ptr xp - spaming flash heal doesn't work or cut it.

I still wish we got a greater heal glyph.

I'm gonna drop PoH glyph for this one, right now I'm the only holy priest left in the guild and for progress raids in Ulduar with a lot of 'oh shit..' situations it's gonna rock to have a life safer ready every minute.

My other 2 glyphs will stay flash heal and CoH, I never really liked the renew glyph since you basicly do the same amount of heals, just over a shorter time period.
    I see renew as something that needs to keep ticking on the MT to counter the incoming damage a bit and help the MT healers.
    Usually people get spammed to full life anyways, no matter how many hots they have up on themselves.
    I actually wonder if that'll change now with 3.10 though, I'm gonna try to refrain myself from flash healing somebody at 80% hp who already has 1 or 2 HoTs up to conserve some mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia
    Usually people get spammed to full life anyways, no matter how many hots they have up on themselves.
    I actually wonder if that'll change now with 3.10 though, I'm gonna try to refrain myself from flash healing somebody at 80% hp who already has 1 or 2 HoTs up to conserve some mana.
    You might, but other people won't. If you can't teach them now, they'll just be the ones needing 2-3 innervates in a fight, who go on the forums saying "omg class is broken now gg blizz".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Seems the glyph isn't working on the ptr atm - didn't seem to to me at least, but even if it was due to using it on myself occ it should still have reduced the cd to 1 min (same goes for empowered renew and glyph of renew for that matter, didn't seem to be affected by it).

Personally I'll most likely ditch glyph of fh myself as well - both for disc and holy. Disc didn't seem to get enough mana reduced after talents as it was with the glyph anyway.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    I think most people will have the following problem:

Which glyph would you drop for GS?

I'll be using Renew, CoH and PoH/FH when 3.1 hits (as holy ofc). All of these glyphs are a lot better than the GS one since they grant somewhat "permanent" bonuses, meaning that they affect spells that i can always cast. GS would still only be castale every 60 secs. It could be useful for GS rotations, yes, but i doubt that this will be done.
    I agree with this. The GS glyph looks nice, but I don't think it's utility will ultimately be as great as it looks on paper. Currently I use it whenever it looks like healing may get rough or the target may die and the Life 3 effect procs a non-insignificant amount of the time. So, sure, if you can keep it from going off, you get it every minute, but what if you use it expecting that and fail to keep the target up and thus not have it when you really needed it a minute or two later? So, in the end, I think I'd still end up saving it a lot and not making a whole lot of use out of it.

I'm planning on sticking with Renew, CoH, and FH. I know a lot of people don't like the Renew Glyph, but I think it's even better because it should stack with Empowered Renew. Sure, it won't increase the total healing done, but each tick is considerably more. Plus, since it runs out sooner, you actually get more benefit from the initial heal as well, assuming it's not killing your mana. CoH still seems like an absolute must have because I use it almost every cool down. And Flash Heal will not quite be the workhorse that it is now, with Renew and Greater Heal taking some of it, but it will still be a filler for raid healing and potentially even on MT Healing (I haven't yet crunched numbers on it).

If I do drop a glyph, it would probably be Renew, but I'd then be more likely to pick up PoH than GS, but even PoH looks unattractive since the HoT will often either be overheal or clipped by random other raid heals.

If they keep glyphs the way they are on the PTR (you can reglyph anywhere) it will be easy to just reglyph for every fight. Glyphs are cheap and especially since they buffed the herb droprates it shouldn't be much burden to change them out.

Also, just because you use PoH on a fight doesn't mean PoH glyph is good. For example I found on my 10 man Ignis attempts that the glyph would be practically useless as the damage goes out all at once, a single PoH pretty much topped a group if not then PoH+CoH. However on the robot boss(forgot the weird name), the glyph would be great for Tantrum since the damage is over time.

I found the GS glyph to be great for Mimiron Phase 1 when the tank gets beamed(?) I think and takes massive damage. You can GS the first one and the third one.

Flash heal, Renew, GS, CoH, and PoH are all good majors depending on the fight.