Eclipse: Wrath or Starfire

Hey, im a boomkin and i use a wrath spam and when eclipse procs i switch too Starfire. While this is going on i also keep up moonfire and insect swarm as well. I was just wondering what some people think produces more dps, and is more mana efficient. thanks ;D

Re: Eclipse: Wrath or Starfire

Starfire is more mana eff., as well as running the Lunar Eclipse (spamming wrath to proc eclipse) is higher dps. Thats why they are buffing the Solar Eclipse in 3.1.

right now lunar eclipse is pretty standard....but with 3.1, it's kind of up for debate. i think the general consensus in 3.1 is that:

if you want sustained, predictable DPS - go with the solar eclipse and spam starfire to wrath eclipse. (crit > haste on gear)

--OR--

if you like to put up huge spikes and don't mind getting scissored every now and then on RNG...spam wraths to proc SF eclipse. (haste > crit)

inc some dude with the numbers to tell me how wrong i am....

Quote Originally Posted by ookanakka614
    Hey, im a boomkin and i use a wrath spam and when eclipse procs i switch too Starfire. While this is going on i also keep up moonfire and insect swarm as well. I was just wondering what some people think produces more dps, and is more mana efficient. thanks ;D
    Keep w/that rotation, more dps and mana efficient (Not that you should be worrying about mana). Just never re-dot during a lunar eclipse, and get the starfire idol from razuvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomflop

if you want sustained, predictable DPS - go with the solar eclipse and spam starfire to wrath eclipse. (crit > haste on gear)

this is not necessarily true. While the value of crit will certainly go up, we are not sure if the new NG allows wrath casts to be shorter then the current live GCD hard cap. If it DOES allow it to, which some PTR moonkins are reporting, then haste will be just as powerful in 3.1, as it is now.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras
    this is not necessarily true. While the value of crit will certainly go up, we are not sure if the new NG allows wrath casts to be shorter then the current live GCD hard cap. If it DOES allow it to, which some PTR moonkins are reporting, then haste will be just as powerful in 3.1, as it is now.
    yeah - i fully agree with you on this, although i think we need to footnote the whole crit > haste or haste > crit with "it will be more important to have a decent mix of the two if you're going with the wrath eclipse". aka - if you're going to be starting ulduar with 500ish haste and like 200ish crit, then i would say crit becomes a bigger DPS stat (since you don't have the diminished returns of crit from the eclipse proc)....so perhaps it should read as "haste is better than crit, but not so much so that you should neglect a decent balance". am i making one bit of sense?

any of you PTR heroes been out there and tested both types of eclipses with the new NG while playing with crit and haste?

starfire mana is a piece of shit
    keep with the wrath if you want to keep good dps

Quote Originally Posted by drewz526
    starfire mana is a piece of shit
    keep with the wrath if you want to keep good dps
    Obvious troll is obvious... Are you and Tsully18 having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!