I roll a warlock

Ok after over two years playing this game I decided to roll a lock finaly. This is the only class I dont realy know so well so time for me to learn more about it. Also after the times goes locks seems to be fun to play both pvp and pve wise. Yesterday I roll one and hit 10. OMG that was bloody fun to lvl up easy as hell and also fun as hell. 2 mobs one me almost oom and low health no problem fear the one that attacking me and bandage and mana problem solved, yea you know what I am talking about but for me this is kind of new, and I love it.

As I hit lvl 10 I begin to look in too the trees and here is my problems and I need help here. I dont know much here more then affliction is more about dots and demon more about pet ( do I dare to compare it to hunters beast tree, if so then this should be good spec to lvling up? ) destro I have no idea.

dreamwalker

Re: I roll a warlock

demonology is a good leveling spec... you will learn your class as you level.

Invictus Thrax

Affliction : DoTs, shadow dmg
    Demonology : Demons, mostly instant dmg spells, shadow dmg
    Destruction : Instant dmg spells, fire dmg

At least thats how i get it, correct me if i said something wrong.

I'd take demo for leveling up.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMburhkVqRcstbxczsM

Best spec to level with, also works in lvl 80 pvp and on the way. As soon as you get all dots, you can dot everything on sight and run.

to be honest demonology or affliction all the way, thats how i level`d at least. aff to felguard lvl then felguard to end but its up to you really. depends how you wanna play but remember theres been a lot of work to lower tier talents so whatever you choose will no doubt be changing slightly as soon as 3.1 hits
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Having leveled 2 warlocks on two different servers to max level I can say to u without a doubt AT ALL that u are far better off leveling as affliction than any other spec.

U can take on an insane amount of mobs at once and have no downtime whatsoever.
    as an added bonus u will do quite ok PvPwise aswell, and the +hit u get on affliction spells will make u able to take on higher level mobs/instances earlier on.

affliction isn't a bad spec to start out with at max level either since u get +hit from spec.
    however once u get the gear for it its time to move on to destro or the like...

i've made 3 locks , go aff for lvling , then once u hit wotlk go the demo / fel synergy but by then 3.1 will be out and u can go all out demo

Quote Originally Posted by Nonbeliever
    Having leveled 2 warlocks on two different servers to max level I can say to u without a doubt AT ALL that u are far better off leveling as affliction than any other spec.

U can take on an insane amount of mobs at once and have no downtime whatsoever.
    as an added bonus u will do quite ok PvPwise aswell, and the +hit u get on affliction spells will make u able to take on higher level mobs/instances earlier on.

affliction isn't a bad spec to start out with at max level either since u get +hit from spec.
    however once u get the gear for it its time to move on to destro or the like...
    +hit not really an issue in any spec while leveling realy. aff and its survivability is awesome i went felguard at lvl just for funzzies and it too rocked. this was two years ago though . with the changes to minions ( vw actually tanking and having agro now) and the soon to come low tier talent changes i personaly think demo might slightly edge ahead of aff for ease of leveling but nothing beats dotting 4 mobs and fearing / howl of terror ( cant remember what lvl we get that at lol). i use to love mass farming @70.( nothing beats a mage for farming though imo)
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis

15+ Year Old Account

I always leveled as Affliction. Simply love running around dotting everything thats in your way ... Haunt, Fear if they get to close on you ... Kill'em all and get out of fight with 100% Mana & HP.
    L.O.V.E.

For raiding i also prefer Affli over Demo/Destro. To me it's just wat the Warlock is about - Dots. Sure it gets tricky in 5mans - but with improving Gear it gets better. 10/25 mans - i just love my Spec.
    Demo is a fun spec but i can't live without my full Dot-Spectrum.
    Destro makes me feel too Mage'ish.

I'd specc that (for leveling): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxrbuMhoVi0Iktbxc0sZV

Happy doting!

Hello, you might want to check this link out on WoWWiki
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Leveling_a_warlock

It gives u an idea where you should be putting your talents at each leveling stage, I used this for my first lock and it has been updated for Wolk. Ofcourse its going to change again when 3.1 arrives but you have atleast 3 weeks before that.

Goodluck
    Oluz

Actually I leveled 2 locks to atleast 75, one affliction, the other one demonology. Both specs are totally viable for leveling, affliction is awesome for killing massive amounts of non elite creeps at once due to dotting them up. But I found demonolgy more relaxing and with imp health funnel and all the pet increasing talents my voidwalker can easily tank away 5man quest elites. I think thats a big plus especially on low pop servers.

hehehhe yeah true. lock=dots /end

im running demo/dest at moment though , usually full aff ( even though i suck at that sometimes) trying out the demo/dest build till 3.1 for random vw tanking of sarth then ill have aff and dest dualspec.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah
    I always leveled as Affliction. Simply love running around dotting everything thats in your way ... Haunt, Fear if they get to close on you ... Kill'em all and get out of fight with 100% Mana & HP.
    L.O.V.E.

For raiding i also prefer Affli over Demo/Destro. To me it's just wat the Warlock is about - Dots. Sure it gets tricky in 5mans - but with improving Gear it gets better. 10/25 mans - i just love my Spec.
    Demo is a fun spec but i can't live without my full Dot-Spectrum.
    Destro makes me feel too Mage'ish.

I'd specc that (for leveling): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxrbuMhoVi0Iktbxc0sZV

Happy doting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calasta
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMburhkVqRcstbxczsM

Best spec to level with, also works in lvl 80 pvp and on the way. As soon as you get all dots, you can dot everything on sight and run.
    These are final speccs, how can you propose them for leveling, the guy just reached lvl 10.
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by padz
    These are final speccs, how can you propose them for leveling, the guy just reached lvl 10.
    Made my day.

Leveling a demo was really a funny experience, i was affliction from 1 to 60,
    Dying before rogue's stunlock end in my fists 60 BGs was priceless.

I was demonology from 60 to 70 in BC, and i'm currently using the spec that was posted here, with the felguard and affliction dots.
    You run, you dot everything and the felguard run besides the mobs running toward you, crushing everything on your way.

I leveled dest all the way to 80. Below level 40 as dest you do drink more, however after that it is just managing life taps to keep mana up. As dest you can take on just as many mobs as afflic without drinking and can kill a single mob quicker..btw.