Thread: PvP as shadow

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    PvP as shadow

    Is there anyone out there that are doing ok as a shadowpriest in PvP? If you are, could you give some pointers on playstyle and how you deal with the different classes? What spells and gear do you use?

    Or have every priest that's still around switched to disc?

  2. #2

    Re: PvP as shadow

    I have swiched too disc, but I felt I was doing ok as shadow, just dot upp, fear whenever you can, disperation when you get attacked and silence casters/healers this is if your thinking of battlegrounds, shadowpriest has no place in arena atm.

  3. #3

    Re: PvP as shadow


  4. #4
    High Overlord bayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Gyönk
    Posts
    140

    Re: PvP as shadow

    im interested in this topic too...

    i didnt played pvp since wotlk release with my shadow priest, and i still think that it was a good decision, maybe that can change.
    ..: Character: Armory :..
    ..: Config: AMD PhenomII X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Ram, GF GTX460, 2.6TB HDD, Gentoo Linux :..

  5. #5

    Re: PvP as shadow

    My roomate plays 3s as a shadow priest at around 2k ish

    He plays Resto Shammy/Affi Lock/Spriest

    If your gonna do arenas as an spriest just be good at staying alive, cuz your gonna be focuses every single match

  6. #6

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Im betting he was DISP, and changed to shadow so he can brag that * hey look im shadow and have 2000+ rateing and no one else does hahaa*. I think its a total lie. Im shadow with 840 ressillince. I go down like a sack of shit to melees , with no way out. So yes this is total bull.


  7. #7

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Im betting he was DISP, and changed to shadow so he can brag that * hey look im shadow and have 2000+ rateing and no one else does hahaa*. I think its a total lie. Im shadow with 840 ressillince. I go down like a sack of shit to melees , with no way out. So yes this is total bull.
    Or, he might be really good at predicting what melee will do and he moves away, making them waste their cooldowns while you don't. Why do you trash a guy you know nothing about? I mean, he wouldn't be the first shadowpriest to reach high ratings.

  8. #8

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Lol yeh, cause even with 840 ress i get ambushed for 5K+ and then a few eviscerates for 3.5k+ while stunned later im dead. Do you even have a priest? You obviously dont if u think shadow has a chance.

    And moves away? WTF are u smokeing crack? Yeh that 70% slow posions means i can move SO FAST..


  9. #9

    Re: PvP as shadow

    oh look a rogue come to troll , get off our forum, thanks.


  10. #10

    Re: PvP as shadow

    The video seemed good, and the priest was shadow at the time as he was casting VT. I've also looked the priest up on the armory. Hes still using a PvP shadow spec, so I got no reason to doubt that it's possible to reach these ratings with a spriest/rogue comp. I guess it's all down to how good the rogue is at getting the dps away from the priest.

    Is a rogue/spriest combo the only one that works in these cases? Are there other comps with spriests in them that's been doing well?

    Personally I seem to struggle with survivability vs any melee, and have recently reached a point where I'm reluctant to keep sharp objects in my inventory out of fear of dying. Guess a rogue teammate might be something to try out.

  11. #11

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    oh look a rogue come to troll , get off our forum, thanks.
    It's ok if you're bad at pvp just don't think others can't succeed in pvp just because you can't.
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter


  12. #12

    Re: PvP as shadow

    No i just dont have a rogue doing 99.99% of the battle for me.


  13. #13

    Re: PvP as shadow

    I would wait for 3.1 to go shadow....

    Even with my fury warrior (yeah, a warrior) I can beat a SP in >700 resi gear.

    With the Fear/disarm (this is the best buff of all), Dispersion removing snares, Armor Glyph, ppl are doing much better against melee.

    And the 15% spell dmg reduction on SF, the talent that gives us 15% base mana when a dot is dispelled, the VT dispell dmg, we are starting to annoy casters.

    There is a video of a SP int the wowforuns/priest rocking deadly rogues, Pallies and DK with full deadly and 25 weps: BOH.




  14. #14

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Lol yeh, cause even with 840 ress i get ambushed for 5K+ and then a few eviscerates for 3.5k+ while stunned later im dead. Do you even have a priest? You obviously dont if u think shadow has a chance.

    And moves away? WTF are u smokeing crack? Yeh that 70% slow posions means i can move SO FAST..
    I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to try to understand a noob seriously. Btw. fade removes snares. Try to use it. Oh also, there's this skill called Dispersion, you can use it while stunned. Oh also, the trinket. Oh, also, you have a teammate in arena that's supposed to protect you. So yea, you're a heavy issue of l2p

    Btw. I do have a priest, I just chose not to pvp until 3.1 comes out because I hate the game of hide and run, which is what you need to be good as shadow. Otherwise, you get nerd rage such as what you're showing. Plus, how long do you play a priest? A month?

  15. #15

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    No i just dont have a rogue doing 99.99% of the battle for me.
    So you don't run with a rogue why?
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter


  16. #16

    Re: PvP as shadow

    What about the Spriest/Rogue combo makes it good?

    The rogue.




    (Played a rogue to 2200 in BC, my current priest main has 840+ resilience)

  17. #17

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to try to understand a noob seriously. Btw. fade removes snares. Try to use it. Oh also, there's this skill called Dispersion, you can use it while stunned. Oh also, the trinket. Oh, also, you have a teammate in arena that's supposed to protect you. So yea, you're a heavy issue of l2p

    Btw. I do have a priest, I just chose not to pvp until 3.1 comes out because I hate the game of hide and run, which is what you need to be good as shadow. Otherwise, you get nerd rage such as what you're showing. Plus, how long do you play a priest? A month?
    Try since warcraft came out of beta.

    Yes fade does. But its then instantly re-applyed? lol Spamstring and auto applying 70% posions ftw.
    Dispertion = Delaying your own death by 6 seconds. After it they have max combo points and hit you for some stupid crit finishing move so gg to that.
    Trinket = 2 minute CD so sorry i cant remove a stun every 4 seconds.

    From watching that video.. He is simply hideing and healing while the rogue does most of the work. Why not go disp? lol
    Do the opposeing teams get shitter as you pass 2000? Cause i saw a hunter useing a crab.. like.. lol.. And a pala that didnt heal...
    The teams they faced were fucking awfull to be perfectly honest.
    I also notice the priest is left alone ... I step into arena and get everyones cooldowns in my face... = dead
    I call this luck with seasioning of rogue on top.


  18. #18

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Well that's shadow play for you. They nuke you, which leaves rogue to do whatever he wants. And yea, you actually spend more time healing than dpsing. The only reason this combo is good with rogue is because of dispel, silence and fear (if you pull it off). And yea, you won't get to dps in arena as shadow, not yet at least.

  19. #19

    Re: PvP as shadow

    I was shadow for 2 years but I got tired of being raped by melee in pvp so i quit. The changes for patch 3.1 look good though, I may try it out then but as of right now, disc seems to be the only shot to really be successful with arena/pvp

  20. #20

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Before 3.1 we are better off pvping as critter than pvping as shadowpriest.

    After 3.1 we are just as bad as every other caster. Arena fights are fought at melee range after all, so dont expect to ever do better in a melee fight than ... well melee!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •