Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest Dps On the target Dummy

Okay I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of dps you guys are doing on the target dummy's by yourself with no raid buffs, group buffs and so on. I'm hoping this is considerably less than the people reporting they're doing 5k+ dps on patchwerk. I'm fairly well geared, still switching some of the items over from healing gear to DPS gear but all epics and all stats fairly decent. After reading all of the spell rotations I've tried different ones and I keep coming out around 2k dps on them. Now this is with inner fire on, no food buff, no flask or pots just as I would run around in the world. Doing Naxx 10 next week as shadow and just wanted to be prepared. Oh and my stats are 2090 SP 15% crit 140 haste 270 hit rating and I'm draenei so over the hit cap. Any input? And Please be gentle about the 2k dps I haven't seen what I do against a living mob in a raid yet I'm sure it will be higher.

Re: Shadow Priest Dps On the target Dummy

The reason you heard such big numbers as 5k+ dps on Patchwerk is because the shadowpriest is fully raid buffed and there are numerous debuffs on the boss which increase his damage output. Also keep in mind that raid uses heroism (40seconds) and the fact that the boss is usually killed in ~3 minutes. That significantly increases SP's dps.

I have pretty much the best gear I can get now and IF-buffed on a target dummy I can't squeeze more than 2.8-2.9k dps. Other classes seem to have no problems reaching 3k on a dummy though.

I guess that just proves that shadow priest is not the best single target dps class around. But hey, 3.1 is close and a lot may still change.

We dont have a burst dps like a warrior. When we start to dps a target we have to full dot and boost shadow weaving to 5/5... and after this we can really start to dps. I dont know for the melee classes... but most of our trinkets have a random proc! ( they have an internal cd of 45-50 sec in fact...)

Personnally, i have 2000k sp unbuff and i can do close to 2700 on a target dummy (dont remember wich version). Self buff. On patchwerk i can do close to 5k dps

I do around 2.6k on target dummies, around 4.1k on Patchwerk.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Quote Originally Posted by iguane

We dont have a burst dps like a warrior. When we start to dps a target we have to full dot and boost shadow weaving to 5/5... and after this we can really start to dps. I dont know for the melee classes... but most of our trinkets have a random proc! ( they have an internal cd of 45-50 sec in fact...)

Personnally, i have 2000k sp unbuff and i can do close to 2700 on a target dummy (dont remember wich version). Self buff. On patchwerk i can do close to 5k dps
    2.000.000 spellpower is quite alot

At just over 2k spellpower self buffed, 18% crit and 10% haste, I dps'd the Heroic dummy (boss one) until I went oom. Average dps for me was 2.4k over 5 minutes or so. But yes, being fully raid buffed with all the proper things going on, 5k on Patchwerk is doable (I haven't ever dps'd him myself, I'm normally disc healing, but I've watched our spriests do it).

eh ya... i have 2k sp and 2 000 000 :P But 2000k sp is my short term objective! =))

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNoob
    I think your trying to say the warrior i was watching did 8.5k dps in a 5 second time window?

i was sat there for 5 mins just watching him over it and he didnt drop below 8k dps.. made me wanna roll a warrior..

Then i saw a frost mage totally destroy him outside Ironforge and thought "i aint lvling a warrior"
    Nah... i want to say that we start to dps very slowly compare to another dps class. The firsts seconds of a fight a shadow priest will be under 800 dps while warrior or a mage can be at 2000-2500 after 5 sec

My gear is ~15% crit ~290haste, hit cap and ~2050 power with IF.
    My average dps on dummy is around 2.7-2.8k.
    There are few things you should know:
    The best trinkets are ones with +spellpower proc and when they proc you should refresh VT (DP too if possible) as they will remain "stronger" till you need to refresh them again.
    Don't forget to re cast Sw:P when you get 5/5 Weaving.
    MF does the most dmg even as last spell in your priority list, and your 140haste isn't enough for that.
    If you wanna be "hardcore" pop Wild magic pot right before the pull for more powerfull SW:P and don't let it drop. (For bosses)
    Rest is just following priorities.
    Also "living" mobs may require you to move more than on target dummy which will decrease your average dps
    Hope I helped

"There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

I'm usually discipline healing in raids but I did respec shadow one weekend some weeks ago and tried to dps one of the dummies.

I had 4 or 5 items with +hit in my backpack I switched to giving me 227 hit and unbuffed I was close to 2100 sp with around 16% crit and maybe 5% haste. I did around 2,5k dps on the dummy.

And one friday after that I specced shadow again (thought it would be fun doing some heroics as shadow), did some dps for two three minutes and got closer to 2,1k dps. Two times in a row. Then I said fuck it and specced back to discipline! :P

I get 2,1k dps with my druid that have 5 heroic/crafted epics (which of one is a tanking cloak) that is hybrid kitty/tank specced.

Now I've gotten a pair of new pants for my priest raising my hit to almost 280 hit, I might give it another try with the dummies.

The worst part was when my shammy friend, usually resto, respecced elemental and did around 3k dps with considerably worse gear than me. Good to read that most of you isn't doing that great on the dummies as well... Really!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Keep in mind that most priests are not going to be able to hit a target dummy for an interminable amount of time...so depending on your gear and whether or not you are popping a mana pot you really arent dps'ing for that long...so people like strykzor that have 2 on proc trinkets will benefit from this more than the rest of you, seeing as it will be more likely for some sp buff to be up at any point in time-helping "longer" term dummy deeps, and often they will even proc at the same time - leading to some high burst numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    You realize you're a good 20 points below the hit cap? I know the hit cap is a guide and not a rule, but .75% to miss a spell is a pretty big deal.
    When you are DPSing a lvl 80 dummy you dont care at all but yeah it's a good chunk of damage on bosses.

I'm 3.2-3.3k on dummies, record is 3426, dpsing until oom (using fiend).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    You realize you're a good 20 points below the hit cap? I know the hit cap is a guide and not a rule, but .75% to miss a spell is a pretty big deal.
    Rofl

Take a seat, im better than you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

2400dps in holy gear with 145 hit rating!

greenmasheen

when i was doing VH on my mage i was squeezing out around 1500 dps self buffed with frostbolt (as frost w/ t5 equiv gear)

when an elemental shaman was paired with me with heroicism/bloodlust i was doing slightly over 2500... this was at level 76 by the way.

i would love to see a warrior doing 8k dps on the boss dummy selfbuffed... there is no way in utter hell he would even pass 5k with some insane amount of luck over a timewindow of 2 minutes.

I got myself a pretty much maxed out warrior (bracer,belt, legs) are "replaceable" and yea, another betrayer except for my death's bite in my offhand.

I easily do ~3k on boss doll with the normal rotation without cooldowns selfbuffed, selfbuffed and perfect rotation i might go to 3800 in a shorter time window as 2 minutes. On patchwerk? 6k+.

There is no utter chance in hell a warrior can be making 5-6k+ steady selfbuffed on the boss dummy unless he is hammering it at 0% hp with improved execute spam in a shorter timeframe as 30 sec(below 30 sec is even more ridic to even talk about) and luckboxing crits as hell.

Recount told me my best was 3045.7dps, this was on a "Heroic" training dummy, self buffs only (ie Inner Fire). SW is used when there is exactly 1 GCD left b4 a MB, if its a little longer than 1 GCD I clip MF at 2 ticks.

My stats self buffed are 2239sp 291 hit rating (ie capped) 17.03% crit, 486 haste rating.

The samples included stacking SW from 0 to 5, and the samples last approx 3mins (basically the time for me to go from full mana to oom without using shadow fiend or dispersion).

For the person advertising 3.2 to 3.3k easy... i'd like to know if you are using lvl 80 dummies or the heroic one? The heroic dummies have an innate % spell damage reduction on account of them being considered 3 lvls above you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNoob
    i saw a fury warrior duel weilding the Armageddon ...

he invited me to the party he had blessing of might buff and thats it .. he did ...

8.5k dps and this is not a lie
    it is a lie....
    unless he was spamming cleave and ww while hitting heroic dummies ~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    unless he was spamming cleave and ww while hitting heroic dummies ~~
    That's most likely what he did.

Though Whirlwind IS part of a single-target dps rotation for warriors ^^

2.6-2.7k average on heroic dummy over 5-6 mins after that it drops to around 2500.

armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gun&n=Rhiannan

before you say anything about my hit rating. i gear with the assumption of a draenei in group. and usually in our raids this is the case.