Thread: PvP as shadow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP as shadow

I'm disc in arena, i have 24k hp and 850 res, i get exploded in 5 seconds.

I can't think how shadow do ... lol

Deleted

XIP you are such a troll. You consider anyone not in a 2v2 with a super rouge doing 99% of the work for you ,a noob. Just gtfo the forum , we dont need your useless input.

You cant admit to urself , uv been carried by luck and an OP class to your un-earned rateing.

The average arena match for me consists of being charged by DK / pala / rogue / hunter ( lets face it its all you ever meet tbh)
    Loseing 8k hp in the first 0.1 seconds of the combat. I attempt to escape with dispertion which just delays my death for 6 seconds. While they /lol at me. Continueing to stack debuffs and those oh so lovely combos points.
    Manageing finaly to get a fear off in-between the stuns.
    Of course they just go trinket, trinket, then im stunned again, then im hit with a nice max combo move - bang - dead.

So think urself very very lucky that the teams you are meeting are shit, and think urself lucky to be carried by the rogue.

Deleted

The guy sais right!play with what u have!noone won or change a thing with crying.I think the better way for all of us is to try find "acts" to counter things around.
    The shadowpriest now is just more difficult to master...but it s worth it.

Deleted

Lol at you posting with your 2nd forum account just so you could agree with urself. Same terrible writting style, onthis post and all others. Cought out there im afraid.

I do find it highly suspicious that both you and this other poster both don't bother using a space after a full stop, or capital letters. And that they have only ever posted in threads that you have posted in too.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Someone said i m second forum account and blablabla....Well i m not.now i saw it.And is it bad to agree with someone who we have same point of view?I ve seen quite good videos that are from 2k rating priests...not only their not carried...but they make the game(the cooperation about to partners at least in 2v2 is both make the others life easy or else something dies either the priest either the "other"!And if you see as a troll someone that disagree with you,not asking how he do it or not asking him info that they can upgrade your playstyle.I think posts here are for discussion and not judging ppl.So stop the judging and lets talk about ways we can counter other classes.

Deleted

Well, i really guess shadow priests just wont need fixes, the whole tree would have to be redesigned to cover pvp needs.

I remember the old days, when shadow priests used to melt faces. Thats over. So sorry about that. But who knows, 3.1 will possibly get it a little bit more balanced.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    Well, i really guess shadow priests just wont need fixes, the whole tree would have to be redesigned to cover pvp needs.

I remember the old days, when shadow priests used to melt faces. Thats over. So sorry about that.
    I'm using a Shadowpriest for the same reason right now.And trust me,the hard way is the better way!I really hate easy mode...and also those who like easymode.Yy the shadow tree needs some revamp...But i think they do it with some extra or revamped talents.At least in theorycraft the new changes fill some space in some of our weaknesses such as cc and burst dmg.

im seeing ppl all crying about how ressilieance is usless cuz there being stunned to death or burst down in 3 secs then why wear it im in full PVE gear and i destroy ppl before they reach me and if they dont get to me then why would i need ressillince
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by beanfinnalblow
    im seeing ppl all crying about how ressilieance is usless cuz there being stunned to death or burst down in 3 secs then why wear it im in full PVE gear and i destroy ppl before they reach me and if they dont get to me then why would i need ressillince
    Lol....that thing.I'm not using pve gear in my pvp except 1 ring(nax25) but 1 night... i was farming in my pves,suddenly a holy pala stuns me to take my herb.I didn't have trinket.He tries farm the herb.Stun wears off.I fear.He bubbles.I mass dispell.put some dots on to gain sw.Mind flay...crits 3700...Mb 8k sw:d 7k.He was in pve though and i got lucky in crits(i have 21%).So that was a 3 shot.I know what u meen.You can play in pve in bg.But not in arena...Numbers are beautiful.But they don t always happen...

Deleted

I forgot to write it after dots i used silence to lock his casts :-*

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath
    Lol....that thing.I'm not using pve gear in my pvp except 1 ring(nax25) but 1 night... i was farming in my pves,suddenly a holy pala stuns me to take my herb.I didn't have trinket.He tries farm the herb.Stun wears off.I fear.He bubbles.I mass dispell.put some dots on to gain sw.Mind flay...crits 3700...Mb 8k sw:d 7k.He was in pve though and i got lucky in crits(i have 21%).So that was a 3 shot.I know what u meen.You can play in pve in bg.But not in arena...Numbers are beautiful.But they don t always happen...
    The lies in this post is rather amzeing. I have 2230 spell power, and MB only crits for 6000 on a good day. MF crits 2600 tops. Plzs less lies and exagerations.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath
    And then god flew down and gave you naked Beyonce for you to do with her as you desire.

Shadow/Rogue is one of the strongest 2v2 comps out there, as someone who plays that comp as well as dk/holy paladin I have to say we have less counter comps with the spriest

To the two guys above(Syanid and Chillstream): Ever heard of trinket procs? I've done multiple two/three shots with just as high crits as he did. Obviously with trinket procs.

Anyways, ontopic: Suppose I can say I'm doin' Ok in pvp, I got about 807 resi and did a few games with a frost mage friend of mine. We're at 1804(1654 personal) and we're doin' "ok".
    These are my first games since very early S4(1750 with a ret paladin).

Just gear and play very defensivly and it's all good.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

Shadow priest hitting an 8k mind blast without debuffs like CoE or Ebon Plaguebriger / Earth and Moon is just a total lie. Unless you have some special way of casting that mind blast, I can't see why your crits for 8k with pvp gear while my mind blast crits for 8k when I have all my procs up that up my total spellpower to 3.4k. Also, I have never EVER hit 7k swd solo. The guy's bulshitting, it's more than obvious. Using such high numbers to justify some weird story he came up with is just freakin' sad. Someone that never played a spriest might believe it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Shadow priest hitting an 8k mind blast without debuffs like CoE or Ebon Plaguebriger / Earth and Moon is just a total lie. Unless you have some special way of casting that mind blast, I can't see why your crits for 8k with pvp gear while my mind blast crits for 8k when I have all my procs up that up my total spellpower to 3.4k. Also, I have never EVER hit 7k swd solo. The guy's bulshitting, it's more than obvious. Using such high numbers to justify some weird story he came up with is just freakin' sad. Someone that never played a spriest might believe it.
    QFT.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I think it's fun that you say that it's hard finding a good rogue for 2v2 as a shadowpriest. I'm honestly looking for one with my rogue, and I'd say it's harder finding a shadowpriest than a rogue. A bit of a rarespawn.

I'm not gonna come here and say that it's possible to get high rating being a shadowpriest right now, cause I'm not at level 80 with my priest yet. I decided to level my mage and then my rogue first. I've played on quite high ratings in earlier seasons as a shadowpriest, and before you could use your burst together with a stunlock to get someone down. Pretty much like mage rogue does but with a better cc, if you manage to get close to the the target you have to fear.

I guess it's still possible to win with a high burst if you live long enough to fire it away? Cause shadowpriests doesn't have low dmg, it's just that they cant get it away without a stunlock on their target. It's the exactly same thing for a mage+rogue as im playing right now as a mage, and as a rogue. Sure a mage can fire an icelance, but that's not enough. A shatter combo kinda represents the same damage as mindblast+shadowword death, and it's rare to get a shattercombo that does enough damage in the right time and place. I'm guessing the same thing for mindblast+shadoword death.

I have to say that it's a bit pathetic trashing the guy who I asume aint lying that got 2k with a rogue about that the rogue carried him. Ofcourse the rogue didn't? If you're arguing that just because the rogue can get higher rating with someone else then every class with less oppertunety to a high rating is carried by the otherone with a higher rating possebility than himself?

And yes, I realize that you have to heal a lot right now, shadow atm is probably a weaker state of dicipline since you heal less. Your games is altough faster as a shadowpriest wether you win or loose, and if you prefer fast games, its a bit more of a rush than being a healer really. Then you should play as shadow even if it's not working as good as your healer specc. Everyone is kinda to much focused on just getting the highest rating there is instead of enjoying what they play.

Iknowthispostwaslikeapage :-)
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

As shadowpriest in arena, you need the rogue to prepare the stage for you. No one trashed that guy for being in 2k, but it's the rogue who does the initial crowd control (sap, peel, keep people off the sp). It's easy to dot up, move in for fear, silence when you have someone to help you. It will never be the sp who will help the rogue out set up the stage, it's the other way around. Anyone who doesn't realize that is plainly dumb. Naturally, you do need brains (as sp) not to get nuked and owned, no one said a word about that.

I think he got kinda trashed, not by everyone I guess. But atleast that chillbean or whatever he calls himself. Anyway

Thats how it's always been? And thats how its always will be? The only think rogues are good for, is preparing the stage as you said, and stunlocking. You could say that the rogue gives the one he plays with the oppertunety to do the damage, except for against cloth I guess, they die-plate doesn't.

As I said, I've played shadowpriest+rogue earlier as both the shadowpriest and the rogue. As the shadowpriest, I expected a sap, went out, dispelled, went behind the pillar. as soon as (if we met a team with another rogue/druid in stealth) I kinda much awaited to be charged, as the rogue whom I played with saped one of them again and we went full out on the other one who were already face to face with me. Stunlock-damage-silence when the healer trinketed.

Yes, shadowpriests cant do this on their own. The poster though were asking if it was possible to get high rating being shadow in *note* arena. Not 1v1 combat. I have no idea how you play though, but I'd guess from what I've readed here and in other posts that they way you can win is suprising the opponent with your damage as people take shadowpriests for less than you are. I've won a lot of games because of that, at 2000 rating+. Paladins who doens't bubble in time, mages not using iceblock early enough, sounds familiar?

If anyone got a mage here, or ever seen a firemage in wotlk pvping. They know the way they are. If they dont die they go out of mana, honestly, after one attempt killing the opponent. I've always loved fire with my mage though, therefore I got 1800 playing double firemage. Every setup is possible, some are better than others.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom