Best in slot items for Holy priests

Hey there.

Can anyone tell me where to find a list of the best in slot items for holy priests?

Thanks

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best in slot items for Holy priests

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Seems a bit strange to me.. for instance listing Cosmic Lights as 10:th on necks (compared to its BiS on EJ)

For priests the concept of BiS is not a really good idea. Healing is
    something personal. Your talents and your equip need to fit to
    your playstyle. I have four equips. Max heal(spirit),haste, crit and manareg
    and lots of mixed sets for different purposes.

With the current content it doesnt matters which you chose ... it will work.
    But difficulty changes (I hope)
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Seems a bit strange to me.. for instance listing Cosmic Lights as 10:th on necks (compared to its BiS on EJ)
    I would guess the Dwarf Priest values just value regen stats more than the Elitist Jerks one
    Best way to get a best in slot list would be to ask one of the authors for their stat values, and put them into something like LootRank

Running 2 base sets myself.

1 maxxing out haste (landing me at some 700 haste and soso crit)
    adding in to that i have a bunch of extra crit pcs for fights where i want to procc more instant FH's (like maly and kel).

Regen as is now is not a problem, but i have decent enough regen eithin the 2 sets.

SP oriented set is wasted imo, we heal for truckloads anyway, so no need to give up haste/crit/regen for even bigger overheals...

Not sure I agree with that EJ set. Perhaps for an all round build, but I don't value the set bonuses as highly as Constantius seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Not sure I agree with that EJ set. Perhaps for an all round build, but I don't value the set bonuses as highly as Constantius seems to.
    I think the 2pc absolutely is, but the 4pc is of questionable value. I like the 2pc because that extra jump on PoM is awesome for fights like Saph, Malygos, and Sarth. Over the course of any of those fights it must easily save me a dozen or more GCDs plus the mana cost. The value of the 4pc depends on how much you use Greater Heal, which probably isn't a whole lot right now. I think I use the 4pc enough to justify the small amount of potential other stats I could gain by wearing two non-set pieces (we are talking about small differences afterall), but I can certainly understand people only going for 2pc.

My biggest problem with that list is I personally think he overvalues Haste which, as awesome as it is, generally isn't worth taking suboptimal stats like MP5 to get. There's a number of items where, in order to get Haste in that slot, he's grabbing pieces with MP5. Now, I think that's okay for the Torch of Holy Fire because of the sheer amount of Spell Power, but I think it's a poor choice with the Spire of Sunset, the Ring of Decaying Beauty, and Fading Glow. I would also say that, even though it has MP5, between the added Spell Power and Socket the Life-Binder's Locket is at least comparable to Cosmic Lights. Then again, no such list should ever be treated as gospel. Unlike DPS, where you can mathematically determine the optimal rotation/priority of spells and the optimal gear for that, healing is not a single objective maxima problem because it varies significantly based on style, situation, and raid composition.

The way I prefer to gear is just to have goals and approximate relative ratios like Spirit and Intellect should be roughly equal with perhaps a slight edge toward Spirit or Crit should be around 25-30% raid buffed, etc. Then you can figure out where you're lacking and look for pieces that fill that role. If you just sit around waiting for Best in Slot loot to drop, you could end up gimping yourself when a different combination of gear could give similar results.

Thats wju i end up with a 22 slot bag full of extra gear.

Frost kit, some +hit pcs for instructor (seems to help to have ~250 hit for him) amd a load of different balance itsems.

dreamwalker

i agree, best in slot is a good idea to shoot for, but not necessarily get.

for example, i choose to have the valorous hood over the hood of rationality because the haste is more important to me.

still keeping my fingers crossed for a torch drop...

I'm not a big fan of the list on the Dwarf Priest site personally; they value mp5 as the highest rated stat for a deep holy priest, while they value crit at almost nothing, even in the current build where crit is important for Clearcast procs and Surge of Light procs.

The Elitist Jerks gear list is a bit more accurate, but I still don't like it because it puts too much emphasis on the set bonuses of T7. I do love the 2 piece bonus, but the 4 piece bonus is rather lackluster and not really worth passing over other individual upgrades for it.

I'll add in my personal preferrences, but I'm a priest who prefers crit over haste so these items may not be the same depending on what your personal preferrence is in balancing the two.

SlotItem NameDrops From
    HelmHood of RationalityMalygos, 25
    NeckCosmic LightsSapphiron, 25
    Shoulder Mantle of Dissemination Malygos, 25
    BackPennant CloakSartharion, 25 (2 Drakes)
    ChestBlanketing Robes of SnowMalygos, 25
    WristUnsullied CuffsSartharion, 25 (2 Drakes)
    HandsValorous Gloves of FaithSartharion, 25
    WaistLeash of Heedless MagicMalygos, 25
    LegsLeggings of Mortal ArroganceKel'thuzad, 25
    FeetBoots of PersuasionPatchwerk, 25
    Ring 1Signet of Manifested PainKel'thuzad, 25
    Ring 2Lost JewelMultiple Bosses, Naxx 25
    WeaponTorch of Holy FireKel'thuzad, 25
    OffhandMatriarch's SpawnMaexxna, 25
    RangedPlague IgniterGrobbulus, 25

Trinket-wise, I believe that's more of a personal preferrence. For some fights I like to use Spirit-World Glass and Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon, while on the majority of the fights I don't have any need for them and use the Egg of Mortal Essence and Forethought Talisman for the extra spellpower and convenient procs.

Again, this is just my personal list as a priest who favors a large amount of spellpower with a high amount of crit as well to keep clearcasting and SoL procs going. It's also fun on Loatheb when I get to sit around and Smite for a while.

Also, they removed the chance of resistance on the adds for Razuvious in 3.0.8 if I remember correctly; hit gear is no longer needed for the mind controlling of them to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmite
    Also, they removed the chance of resistance on the adds for Razuvious in 3.0.8 if I remember correctly; hit gear is no longer needed for the mind controlling of them to tank.
    Yes, I never wear Hit gear for that fight and have never had a Mind Control miss. I don't bother with a Frost set either as I feel it nerfs my throughput too much when all I need to do is throw the occassional Binding Heal to make up for it.