Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 man EoE 2 healers

About 2 weeks after wrath launched i attempted my first 10 man EoE. We had 3 healers and only reason we couldn't down him was cause of p3 and ppl not staying together. I tried it again next week and it was the same story. After around the third week i stopped doing 10 mans in lue of 25s.

Im currently helping out some friends get their guild through 10mans. They only have 1 healer so everything they do is 2healed. When i run with them Nax is fairly easy unless people make stupid mistakes or are drunk (which is likely).

Well they asked me to heal EoE with them, and i said sure since my guild doesn't schedule 10 mans. Me and a Holy pally were the healers. I went in there and said well it looks like im on raid and your MT heals. Alot of people were right at the 18k buffed health mark, but with CoH, PoM, Lolwell, and SoL procs it was able to keep everyone up in vortex. Ive run with plenty of palys that have well over 5k hps so i thought it would be easy to keep just the MT up.

Well MT dies... first to breath+melee, and then the 2nd and 3rd to Maly eating a spark and 1 shot the tank.

Obviously the spark caused the wipe, but in 25man hes eaten a spark b4 and it was no big deal.

My main reason for posting this is to ask a few questions
    1. IF 2 healing 10 man EoE should 1 paladin healer be able to keep up Mt or is it to much for 1 person?

2. What should the MT healers HPS look like.

3. In 10 man if Maly east a spark is it unhealable, ie should tank blow his cooldowns? (i wouldn't think so but i haven't spent enough time to really know in 10 man)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Re: 10 man EoE 2 healers

1) Priest and Druid/Shammy (assuming you have CoH) should be plenty for 10 EoE, that's what we run for the sub-6 min achieve
    2) For MT healing, I honestly don't know. I know that the tank takes ~8k spike every 5-10 seconds. So 8k/5 or 8k/10 would be the target, therefore at least 1.6k HPS I guess.
    3) If you are having problems keeping the tank up in phase 1, he should absolutely use his CDs as phase 2 won't require and CDs realistically.
    BAMF.

We only run 2 healers. Normally 2 priests, sometimes priest/pally.

1. 1 healer should beable to keep up the MT
    2. I have 30K+
    3. Maly has eaten sparks b4 b/c i didnt kite him correctly. My healers can keep me up through that

edit: misread ur 2nd question, i thought u were asking about Mt's health. i dunno about hps

Why do you have healing assignments on 10man maly? You both should heal everything..

in lue lol
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond

1. IF 2 healing 10 man EoE should 1 paladin healer be able to keep up Mt or is it to much for 1 person?

3. In 10 man if Maly east a spark is it unhealable, ie should tank blow his cooldowns? (i wouldn't think so but i haven't spent enough time to really know in 10 man)

1. 2 is more than enough.It is possible to solo heal it with a resto druid.

2.No idea never checked.

3.It is healable in 10man without blowing cd's and it is healable in 25man with CDs and luck.

1) Two healers is plenty, however I would do it the other way around and put you on the MT and the paly on the raid. Pally can then Beacon of light the tank and you get two healers on MT and one on raid. Then just aid the raid during vortex.

2) I have about 3.5k but I'm over geared for it. If you can dump 2K HPS you should be fine.

3) The biggest issue with sparks is not preparing for the worst. When a spark gets pulled in have him cast Holy light spams to insure the tank is topped off. If you recheck combat logs most spark driven wipes are because the tank is not topped off. Malygos should never eat a spark though, if he is it is bad DPS or bad tank.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I've healed a 6 minute Malygos (successful attempt) all by myself. No second healer and no hybrids who healed on occasion. It's totally doable and fairly easy with good gear. I'm a holy priest btw (just clarifying).
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

simple answer - your tank might not be geared enough to tank malygos...

sligltly more complicated answer - eating sparks is bad execution, it shouldn't happen, but people make mistakes... this is where gear on the tank and skill on the healer come into effect...

1 - depends on gear of both tank and said paladin.
    2 - can't help ya with that.
    3 - tanks can live thru sparks with enough gear and good healing.
    It's just a game.

About 2 weeks after wrath launched i attempted my first 10 man EoE. We had 3 healers and only reason we couldn't down him was cause of p3 and ppl not staying together. I tried it again next week and it was the same story. After around the third week i stopped doing 10 mans in lue of 25s.

Im currently helping out some friends get their guild through 10mans. They only have 1 healer so everything they do is 2healed. When i run with them Nax is fairly easy unless people make stupid mistakes or are drunk (which is likely).

Well they asked me to heal EoE with them, and i said sure since my guild doesn't schedule 10 mans. Me and a Holy pally were the healers. I went in there and said well it looks like im on raid and your MT heals. Alot of people were right at the 18k buffed health mark, but with CoH, PoM, Lolwell, and SoL procs it was able to keep everyone up in vortex. Ive run with plenty of palys that have well over 5k hps so i thought it would be easy to keep just the MT up.

Well MT dies... first to breath+melee, and then the 2nd and 3rd to Maly eating a spark and 1 shot the tank.

Obviously the spark caused the wipe, but in 25man hes eaten a spark b4 and it was no big deal.

My main reason for posting this is to ask a few questions

I've solo healed phase 1 and half of phase 2 until i ran out of mana as a holy priest, and for my 5 minute kill i solo healed phase 1 and had a shammy help out for phase 2 because we werent using the bubbles. phase 1 only requires about 4k hps for the raid + the tank if your tank doesnt suck.

If he 1 shot a guilded tank in 10 man then its the tank's fault
    He should have ~30k unbuffed and the pally can quite easily do it with ~18-20k mana

Your problem may be that hes a flash spammer

I guess thanks for attempting to answer my questions :-\
    I should have probably posted under paly forum instead of priest.

And FYI healing a raid group who just started nax 10 isn't the same as healing a guild run or a geared tank and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    If he 1 shot a guilded tank in 10 man then its the tank's fault
    He should have ~30k unbuffed and the pally can quite easily do it with ~18-20k mana

Your problem may be that hes a flash spammer
    Ya tank was only around 28k hp buffed, but my assumptions at the time was to just have the pally heal the tank and i heal everyone else. I figured it should be manageable but it wasn't for him.

And ya hes a flash spammer, I dropped a few hints about a week ago but he gave me some big story about how much of a benefit flash of light was. Since I have never played a paly past lvl 50 something alt I figured I wasn't qualified to discredit him. Ill try and look up some info to convince him otherwise, but idno if he has been collecting hast gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

A Paladin can easily heal the MT on Maly 10 and provide some support with raidhealing as well.

If, however, he's just Flash spamming all the time, the tank will eventually die. The Paladin may never go oom, but what's the purpose of having enough mana and no tank?

I'm a Holy Paladin myself and for Malygos I'm always aiming at being oom at the end of P2. Esp. in P2 I'm healing like mad, f***ck overheal, as long as no one dies everything's fine.

I guess thanks for attempting to answer my questions :-\
    I should have probably posted under paly forum instead of priest.

And FYI healing a raid group who just started nax 10 isn't the same as healing a guild run or a geared tank and dps.
    Ya tank was only around 28k hp buffed, but my assumptions at the time was to just have the pally heal the tank and i heal everyone else. I figured it should be manageable but it wasn't for him.

And ya hes a flash spammer, I dropped a few hints about a week ago but he gave me some big story about how much of a benefit flash of light was. Since I have never played a paly past lvl 50 something alt I figured I wasn't qualified to discredit him. Ill try and look up some info to convince him otherwise, but idno if he has been collecting hast gear.

No need for hasting gear, he just need a big pool of mana, grypho of wis and relic of HL (4 parts of t7.5 helps too).

Everyone else has already addressed these, but I have a few specific points.

Absolutely. As you've indicated that he's FoL spamming, that is the wrong strategy because the damage that the MT takes is just too bursty. If he's still having trouble, you can either have him Beacon of Light the tank and tank over most of the raid duty, or you can help him out with some Renews, PoMs, and whatever Flash Heals or Greater Heals you can spare the mana and GCDs for.

You also mentioned that the tank only has 28k health buffed. That's certainly manageable, but it's probably indicative of an overall lack of gear on the part of the raid, which means lower DPS, lower throughput from the Paladin, and less mitigation from the tank. If that's the case, you may be best off with one of the alternate strategies, and probably favoring the Beacon one.

Taking sparks really is inexcusable, since that's pretty much all the DPS have to do besides burn him down. If you're running low on healing, which it sounds like you are, the tank and/or healers should definitely be blowing cooldowns. Depending on how many sparks get through, you may even want to be coordinating how you all use cooldowns to keep him alive. If you know he took a spark, definitely try to get at least a PoM on him to help mitigate the large incoming breath for your paladin.

2 healing EoE is fine... sounds to me that the tank isn't very good or isn't geared very well... if Maly eats a spark he should be blowing his/her cooldowns and that prevents being one shot. In addition they should have enough mitigation to survive a breath + melee without too many issues.

This is speculation however, without seeing a log of what actually happened each death its a bit hard to give an accurate analysis.

And to answer one of your questions... a Holy Pally should be able to solo heal the tank quite easily... of course you should be throwing renews and bouncing PoMs off the tank and assisting if the tank spikes.

2 heals is plenty, we ran two priests... our guilds main holy priest (awesome gear and skill) and me (60% of my gear was my shadow set, and I hardly play holy these days) and that was plenty.

I was on MT (well geared) + assist with raid during vortexes (as the crappy healer with meh regen) and while we both struggled for mana, we managed to get through it fine.

15+ Year Old Account

In our guild (been stacking server firsts since magtheridon) we only bring me as a healer. i can solo heal EoE 10man through the vortex, breath damage, all that while keeping the tank up, etc. we never miss a spark (which is awesome) and it helps a great deal for the 6 minutes attempts.

the only thing is that we bring a pure ele shammy to throw sum chain heals at the beginning of the scion phase when the damage is very spiky and random. but i solo heal the rest of it.

i drop to around 22% mana when the scion phase begins (didnt pot), and i usually innervate during that phase to make sure i dont get short on mana.

recount shows around 1.4mil healing (3.5k HPS) and the shammy has about 150k healing (for the beginning of phase 2) for a single attempt

i dont know if only resto druids can pull this off, but yes i have to be very very trigger happy on the regrowths and the nourishes.

feel free to check my armory out; i don't have a VERY outstanding gear. just above the average raiding gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orei&n=Nessaja

hope i could help!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

Seems like there's nothing left to add besides HPS is not a good way of measuring healers : ) at least not straight up.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

pallys never should stop casting, and he should be raid healing with holy light glyph, you on main tank (edit: just remembered u said u were holy).

i solo-healed 10 man 6 min eoe kill as disc and was able to keep everyone up. try not assigning targets to heal and just healing those who need it. it should be inexcusable for maly to be eating sparks
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right