Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Every team has a warlock...

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Last time I checked warlocks aren't complaining about the tournament, they're complaining about live.

Tournament realms aren't the same thing as live. There's a big difference between 203 dps weapons on the TR and 223 dps weapon on live, soon to be 245 dps weapons from Ulduar.

Without ilvl 226 gear different game is a different game. You might as well say "warriors are fine because they're doing so well in Diablo".
    nop...its called skill

Quote Originally Posted by Sava
    every team has a warlock paly and dk almost it seems, something ain't really right now, eh?
    Well that's only in the US. We'll see how the EU comps stand up to them and see whether "something ain't really right now" or not.
    /Zetsumei

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas
    True!

Since warlock is an awesome counter to both DK and Pala it is only natural that a DK and Pala will have a Warlock
    in a 3v3 team since all other teams have DKs and Palas.

This doesnt in any way mean that warlocks are perfectly fine.
    THIS

The fact that there are less DK/Pala/random teams on the european tournament and, only one warlock in the top ten cannot be a coincidence. It's all a matter of metagame.

Warlocks are ok with a specific synergy in the team (dk+pala) AND against DK+Pala teams AND if very well played AND with the specific gear avaiable on the tournament realm. Warlocks are still not PvP viable IN GENERAL when all these requirements are not met (live realms)

Since no1 else seems to notice, the reason for this is that the counterclasses to warlock (aka fury warrior and rogues) are being kept down by all the DK/Pala/Hunter teams. Hence when you break free of those, you can just farm the setup that actually makes you viable up there. Warlocks are the closest thing to a counter to DKs and Paladins hence they are incredibly viable in the very top.

However very few people actually play there, so that doesnt make the class "FINE".

Furthermore, not everyone have full deadly, perfect racials and gearing on Live, but on TR you can pick WHATEVER
    you want.

And finally, it doesnt matter shit who tops it atm. The top1000 moves through to the next round so all that matters is if you are in the top1000 or not. The really good teams havent even begun to show themselves at this stage.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyce
    Tired of fucking everyone thinking warlocks are fine in arenas right now.
    You really think just because the top 10 teams of an Arena Tournament Server contain warlocks because warlocks are fine?
    The setup just works because of the combined paladin heals and major CC the warlock provides.
    Try playing a warlock in a setup without a paladin or DK and hit the top then tell me they are fine.
    Until then, get your head out of your ass and look at the big picture - it's not the warlock that's good, it is his OP partners.
    Bet that you wouldn't whine so much if you had a good paladin and dk in your 3s team. I'm not saying that warlocks are perfect at the moment but they aren't THAT bad either.

more DKs = less rogues = more Warlocks

it's logical

Look at US class represantation - only Paladins and DKs - therefore it's logical that since Warlocks are direct counter.

For some reason Europeans had more balanced out class numbers = more diverse comps = more counters to warlock comps = less Warlocks.

I see nothing suprising about it , and NO doesn't mean Warlocks are fine and need 2 l2p - we just counter two of the most popular class choices in the game (Paladin and DK).
    I'm guessing that when those classes get hit by nerfbat and become less popular , Warlocks will fall at the bottom of representation, because while we counter DK / Paladin pretty much every other class counters us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormias
    There were tons of people that got to high ratings in arena with a lock in TBC and that made them skilled players according to them (like DKs now). These people actually have to L2P now, but they want to go back to their facerolling.
    i totally agree with you both about locks in past and dks at present

warlock / shamy is one of the top specs and warlocks are stronger with elemental shamans on 3vs3. upcoming changes will make warlocks easier to play we wont be able to cast immolate and ua on same target and siphon life is a passive ability now . it seems like we will lose some dps on paper however i think we will keep pwning

warlocks are not op like dks atm but they are still fun to play.Aff pwns in arena , and demo pwns most of the classes in duels.

I Dont Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by hi7man

For some reason Europeans had more balanced out class numbers = more diverse comps = more counters to warlock comps = less Warlocks.

I see nothing suprising about it
    /thread
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboner
    Warlocks suck versus burst, but do well versus Hunters/DK (Sometimes)/Paladins.

Having perfect gear helps versus burst. Anyway, the reasons why Warlocks consider themselves bad and wider statistics prove that they are is because most Warlocks are stuck in the burst/zerg-team layer (which is around 1800-2100). It is indeed very hard for a Warlock to get out of this layer, since we are very vulnerable to burst and pressure. Also there are pretty much no Rogues in that tournament. Rogues counter Warlocks very hard.
    they suck vs burst but do well vs hunters/DKs/paladins
    ur logic makes no sense.....
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Something interesting about how the arena makes people behave..
    I've heard it many times: If there is a player doing well of your class, then your class is fine, you should l2p.

However, there were hunters who could do well in BC. I remember a handful of hunters pushing 2700+ in 2s, and similarly high in 3s/5s. Does that mean hunters were fine?

The fact is, not everyone can "l2p" the same. Not everyone gets the same set of encounters. No battlegroup has the same dominating teams. If you took these 'top 10' warlocks and could clone them to make them play in every battlegroup, do you really think they would do well everywhere?

I've been pvping as a warlock in LK and.. I wouldn't call it all doom and gloom. Warlocks have several very strong tools. However, a lot of what makes us 'viable' is again this draintanking concept. It's not very effective outside of arenas, and it's not at all effective without appropriate gear (read: high resil/stam). Formula is simple: You can do a lot of damage with quick cast dots. If you can live to see them finish, you often win.

In any case.. I think the absence of rogues in the US top 10 is really worth noting. Any given class only dominates if its counters do not. Whether or not locks will be performing when holy and dk get nerfed, we'll see.

Warlocks are not OP many people have valid points to this. I just want to point out not everyone uses the same Computer, addons, gear, or race. Being able to have that much resil and pretty much a choice on everything to make them the best PvP lock they can is a huge advantage espically RACE for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyce
    Tired of fucking everyone thinking warlocks are fine in arenas right now.
    You really think just because the top 10 teams of an Arena Tournament Server contain warlocks because warlocks are fine?
    The setup just works because of the combined paladin heals and major CC the warlock provides.
    Try playing a warlock in a setup without a paladin or DK and hit the top then tell me they are fine.
    Until then, get your head out of your ass and look at the big picture - it's not the warlock that's good, it is his OP partners.

Uhh... You're a moron.

Shaman/Hunter/Lock.

Pally/Rogue/Lock.

Bam, two comps that people run over 2600 on live, and could be just as viable on TR.

Warlocks are stupidly OP atm, Im not saying its ALL because of the warlock, but a class is as good as its comp, hunters might not do been the best in TBC, but they could faceroll with druid/hunter, Its not the class itself that matters, its the synergy with other classes.

Sorry if you don't like running the BEST set up, but thats how it is, warlocks are fine, and actually need nerfs, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Its not the class itself that matters, its the synergy with other classes.
    You're saying the same thing as Rhyce said.. and your saying he is a moron? LOL ???

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Sorry if you don't like running the BEST set up, but thats how it is, warlocks are fine, and actually need nerfs, sorry.
    If feel really sorry for you as a DK that a warlock killed you, post a GM for help.. since that aint as planned.
    TBH warlocks are aint good nor bad (depending on your sta/resi), just like you said its all about the setup. Although warlocks dont deserve a nerf, but a buff here and there.