best in socket hit rating

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/126033

Just wondering if you have best in socket how are you even near hit cap, i am seeing you would be just be over 200hit.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: best in socket hit rating

We can't take full BiS because out 4PC bonus makes us competitive on the low DPS side. You can switch boots and rings and have 252 Hit thats what I roll with because we don't have extremely high raid DPS. If you have a guild with very high raid DPS you can skimp down to around 150-180 hit and you will be fine. But in Ulduar you will want more hit the fights are longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

It is my understanding that the old standard of hit capping has lessened in importance with Wrath. The comparative value of hit compared to strength makes it more valuable in many/most cases to stack strength over hit. Hit will, of course, come with gear, and shouldnt be ignored, but general ret gearing theory suggests that you shouldnt seek it out specifically, as str is better by weighting

Do not go out of your way for hit.

If you manage to grab it on pieces awesome, if not, oh well. Dont gem for hit, go for straight str save for your two gems for a meta. Str offers point for point more dps value then hit even below hitcap.

That is not to say that +hit isnt good it is great when you can get it.

Girdle of Chivalry is technically the BiS because of how much Str you can get out of it.

also i would put +8 str +12 stam in the Obsidian Greathelm and use the Prismatic somewhere else since it gives you the 16 str total as the red gem

Honestly I rather worry more about expertise than hit.

I got 5.5% expertise (6.5% is dodge cap)
    and 128 hit rating last week still pushed 5300 dps on patchwork

although I did finally get bracers of unrelenting attack right after so I have about 150 now =)

from my experience hit is nice but it's not everything. 128 is really damn low, but try it out for yourself.

http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?...searchType=all my armory link

Worry about Neither, Str is better than both, before and after cap.

In any case, you need only 7% hit with a draenai, to be at cap.

Even then, Hit Cap is over-rated, Str beats it out, go for Str, yeah, I reealize I might be redundantly saying redunta things, but go for Str, just in case you didn't understand, that you should gear for str, you really should gear for str