Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How blizz can appease the casuals AND hardcore players.

well correct me I am sure I am wrong but I always thought that outlands dungeons had normal and heroic and the drops of normal were better than greens and heroics were epics to get you started in kara. Kara was the way to get you and your gear ready for raids.
    Then we have the northrend and the blues in normal are not better than a lot of green quest rewards (that are for the most part junk, NOW I am not saying about the blue quest rewards that for the most part are great) and to really get anything you had to wait till 80 and do 10 mans just to get started.

So for a lot of people gearing for 10 mans is not only work, which I am sad to say they are not going to do, or can not because a lot of this is strange and VERY  confusing to them.
    Hell even bliz admits that less than 1% of the players will ever seen a raid. Then the av joe 99% of the game gets to listen to them sit and whine because of the color of their t8 gear.

"hardcare wanna stand above others and feel good about there achievement without having every casual getting the same thing
    and casuals dont want this and just wanna have fun without it being very frustratiing"

VERY TRUE, high level raiding guilds are work and those people deserve their rewards but to tell 99% of your player base, sorry unless you want to put in 6+ hrs a day and be flamed, and kicked for doing one stupid thing or your dad had a heart attack....WHO GIVES A F   you were supposed to be here at 8pm

Forget the idea that one of these people could even get in a guild like this much less stay. I believe that guilds are the problem.
    IF a guild says they are casual they should be. If they say we require X then so be it. Maybe ranked guilds would work.
    If you advertise membership in a guild it has to follow set guide lines or is disbanded. IF said casual guild would like to move up to next status then it should have to apply to a board state member voting and reasons. NOT that the guy who started the guild now wants to do raids and is the only level 80...its his guild and everything in the bank is his and F the noobs...I have seen this a lot sad to say.

Seems that bliz spends all its time and efforts on arena and end game and F the people who really play the game and make their money.
    Before saying I am just BS looney toons or whatever think about it...If joe quit this game would be shut down in a month.

Funny that they have said this and still have done nothing to change it.
    Of course it would take, thought, planning and development....something that I am afraid bliz is not capable of

Hirork if they are sooooo fucking hard core....let them do a diablo hardcore ROFL

Hell even bliz admits that less than 1% of the players will ever seen a raid
    ???

sorry for using the word raid....
    less than 1% will ever see end game content.

Guys, what are you smoking?
    Less than 1% what???

Over 60% of existing guilds cleared Naxx heroic and normal already. This means that banker alt guilds, or PVP focused guilds have NOT cleared it yet. That equals at least 80% of all players in guilds completed Naxx.

Same was true for Karazhan - by the end of the Burning Crusade cycle.

As I said I don't mind bad players getting epic gear WHEN Blizzard also creates something for those players who want MORE out of the game, and are not afraid to take on tougher challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    10 man non heroic = blues
    25 man non heroic = blues
    10 man heroic = blues, 1 epic
    10 man hardmode heroic = epics
    20 man man heroic = blues, 1 epic
    20 man heroic hardmode = epics

Everyone gets to see all the content. problem solved. All that remains is the pre-bc QQ he's got epics because he puts time in i dont wana have to put time in for good gear.
    Just shut up, it's never going to go back to that and you know it. You realize you just proposed like 6 different modes of play blizzard would need to tune. The hardcore players still have stuff they can do, all the titles and achievements and the hard mode bosses that will be in ulduar. Stop being nostalgic, accept the game for what blizzard is making it, or move on - nobody forces you to play. There are rewards for people who put time into this game.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

IMO, Blizz went too far.

The reason why such a low percentage of people saw past Kara in TBC wasn't because of difficulty. It was because it's harder to get 25 geeks together to farm pixelated loot then it is to get 10 geeks together.

Even the most casual of guilds was able to farm at least the first 3 bosses in ZA for crying out loud.

The introduction of 10 man instances was all Blizz had to do to cater to Casuals.

The idea that even Ulduar will be easy in 'Normal Mode' is just plain wrong. I don't want to have to hunt for achievements to make Raiding challenging. Do you know how many achievements we get done each week in our H Naxx runs, simply because it would take more work to -not- do them?

The One Hundred Club
    Mamma Says Knock You Out
    Arachnophobia
    Make Quick Werk of Him
    Just Can't Get Enough

Those get done without us even trying. It's easier to just burn Faelina down without worrying about Embrace. Devotion Aura makes more of an impact then Frost Resist Aura. Arachnophobia means we clear that wing faster...etc.. We do Just Can't get Enough to make sure the non-Hunters and Healers stay away during Phase 1.

And if people are careful, things like

The Safety Dance
    The Immortal
    Shocking

are attainable.

The only achievement that really makes the fight 'more difficult' are The Twilight Zone (Sarth + 3D) and You Don't have an Eternity (6min Malygos). Nothing else, not even Twilight Duo, dramatically increases the challenge of T7 raiding.

Ulduar 10 should be Hard, not easy with Hard Modes. The fact that you only need 10 people to run it should ensure that everyone who is capable of raiding will see the content.

Raiding should be elite. It ISNT supposed to be for everyone. Vanilla and TBC failed because they required guilds to staff too many geeks, so many people never managed to experience the content. That problem was solved in WoTLK.

Now it's time to make Raiding a little tougher then 5-man Heroic runs.