Thread: T8 set bonus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: T8 set bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    250 Spellpower for 5 sec after shielding sounds awsome... for solo farming for my healing needs it sucks, my heals already hits for truckloads with 0 SP gems/enchants (replacing the SP on everything with crit/haste/regen) i don't need bigger heals, i need faster/cheaper heals...

I really hope it gets changed to something that isn't haste.
    This is easily the worst possible set bonus they could give us.

Due to latency, the spell we cast directly after Mind Blast probably won't gain the extra haste. Which effectively reduces the duration to 2.5 seconds; not very useful. This is a current issue with trinkets that proc haste on cast, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    250 Spellpower for 5 sec after shielding sounds awsome... for solo farming for my healing needs it sucks, my heals already hits for truckloads with 0 SP gems/enchants (replacing the SP on everything with crit/haste/regen) i don't need bigger heals, i need faster/cheaper heals...
    Agreed; this set bonus seems pretty awesome for discipline priests, but holy priests won't have any reason to get it.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

I spent a portion of the evening after I made my post thinking about what could be some really nice (and original) set bonuses. For healing, I came up with this.

2: When your Prayer of Mending critically heals a target, it gains one additional charge.
    4: When your Renew critically ticks, your target gains a Shield of Renewal, absorbing 1200 damage.

The bonuses both use spells that the two healing trees use, and they both involve the one thing that both trees focus more towards nowadays; critting. Grated, that first one some people would say could be a bit OP, but you have to admit at least it's different.

As for shadow bonuses, I was leaning towards this.

2: Your Mind Flay has a chance to deal one additional tick of damage when channeled for the full duration.
    4: Whenever you crit with Shadow Word: Death, you have a chance to make your next Mind Blast instant cast, cost no mana, not use it's cooldown, but be incapable of a critical hit.

Surge of Light for shadow sounds like it could be fun. The 2-piece wouldn't seem too bad, but the chances to proc make them both fairly balanced. What do you guys think?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

4 set for rogues - Rupture can now crit.

/train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train /train

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I spent a portion of the evening after I made my post thinking about what could be some really nice (and original) set bonuses. For healing, I came up with this.

2: When your Prayer of Mending critically heals a target, it gains one additional charge.
    4: When your Renew critically ticks, your target gains a Shield of Renewal, absorbing 1200 damage.

The bonuses both use spells that the two healing trees use, and they both involve the one thing that both trees focus more towards nowadays; critting. Grated, that first one some people would say could be a bit OP, but you have to admit at least it's different.

2: Your Mind Flay has a chance to deal one additional tick of damage when channeled for the full duration.
    4: Whenever you crit with Shadow Word: Death, you have a chance to make your next Mind Blast instant cast, cost no mana, not use it's cooldown, but be incapable of a critical hit.

Surge of Light for shadow sounds like it could be fun. The 2-piece wouldn't seem too bad, but the chances to proc make them both fairly balanced. What do you guys think?
    atm. the 4 part bonus is almost useless for holy priest. if you are a holy that spams his sheild - go discipline. a holy priests sheild is rarely worth casting (costs alot of mana, doesn't absord much, GCD).

the 4 part healing bonus your offering is worthless for discipline priests. empowered renew's first tic is able to crit, rest of the tic's aren't. meaning a discipline priest would have no benifit from this set bonus, since his renew isn't able to crit.

i like the 4 part bonus of shadow - sounds fun. the 2 part healing might be OP and some what useless, prom can be recasted every 7-10 sec's, and can crit for every charge (potentially making the prom with 10 charges, which is op and well most likely not needed since you can recast it), you have enough charges, perhaps a hot effect if the prom crits would be more balanced.

i don't like the idea of the 2 part bonus for shadow, "a chance will" end up being 3% or rarely happening.

i changed colors due to requests!

Lime on GreyBrown background is just utterly fail nikkita. Stop using random lame colours and just write in black like you're meant to.

Black gives the best contrast on the background = most pleasant to read.

I spent a portion of the evening after I made my post thinking about what could be some really nice (and original) set bonuses.

Stop filling the thread with stupid dreams that's not realistic.

And the shadow bonuses are absolutely fine. Quite awesome if you ask me, it's just a question of being able to utilize them.

a bit harsh don't you think?

anyway, Fenix your ideas are an interesting read, although I think they are a little OP to implement into gear set bonuses. Sounds more like talent points or major glyphs.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

SimCraft shows under ideal conditions with all T7.5 level gear (T8 isn't added into it yet, but the set bonuses have been), the 2 set is worth something like 100 DPS and the 4 set is between 100-110 DPS. These are ideal conditions though with all the current BiS, so these figures should be about right once you get yourself some nice T8 gear.

So overall they are pretty nice set bonuses. Going to be interesting to see if it's worth using 4 piece T8, though. The itemization looks pretty horrible atm.

I agree with the general sentiment that the Holy/Disc 4pc, even with the updated SP number is not well thought out. Discipline will be throwing out a PWS often enough that the 4pc bonus will have a high uptime, while for Holy, I'm not sure I could justify a PWS every 10s since chances are the MT, who would generally be the best place for a throw away PWS, will likely already have Weakened Soul from the Discipline Priest, and casting it on someone else will often be a waste of mana. So, overall, it seems like an imbalanced set bonus very much in favor of Discipline and virtually worthless to Holy.

IMO, they can leave the proc as is, but just allow Renew to proc it as well. This would make Renew that much more attractive to Holy, which has been one of their stated goals, and it's something that Holy will generally cast with about the same frequency as Discipline does PWS (every ~15s on the MT [or 12s for Renew when glyphed), and either occasionally for raid damage) which should ultimately give similar uptime for both specs. It also allows Discipline some flexibility for keeping the proc up because if the MT has Weakened Soul and their PWS would generally be wasted on someone else, they could then pop a Renew on him to refresh the proc and bridge the gap to the next PWS.

The only reason I could see them justifying leaving it as is is to try to bridge the SP gap between Discipline and Holy, and if that's how they're doing it, it's poorly thought out because it won't scale and it's better addressed by giving them a talent that gives SP from a stat (maybe Intellect instead of Spirit).

the priest healing set bonuses is simple, they want us to be disc in pve, thus the spirit nerf and the crappy 4 pieces bonus. they should change the set4 bonus to something along: give 150 spell power when you cast PW:Barrier (should they finally get it done) or CoH and still it wouldn't be comparable to the rejuv 100% buff of druids aka 370 mana for almost a greater heal's power (which is 1000mana).

Don't make it proc on renew has disc priest would proc it even more often. shield tank, penance, renew, mending, shield 100% up time woot.

you can keep 100% uptime from COH. but you'r mostlikly just wasting mana to do so.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, it does seem funny when you see how the other classes set bonus affect more than one spell. Would have assumed something like "When you cast Coh or Penance bla bla bla "
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax
    Don't make it proc on renew has disc priest would proc it even more often. shield tank, penance, renew, mending, shield 100% up time woot.
    I don't think Discipline will have a problem keeping it up 100% of the time as is. Even if they only cast it on the MT every 15s when Weakened Soul wears out, that's 66% uptime, all they'd need to do is throw a PWS out on someone else within 15s. Considering the removal of the CD on PWS through talent, that would seem to imply that they want Discipline Priests to be able to help out on other targets a little, so getting a PWS on a raid member once every 15s doesn't seem like it's too far out of the question. Even in Naxx now, with so many tank and spank mechanics, that's easily doable in virtually every fight, and I can only imagine raid damage will be going up in Ulduar.

Renew may not be the right answer for how to make it attractive to Holy, but they have to do something because it will either be a useless bonus, or it will force people to play stupidly for a bonus (much like the current Serendipity works out). Really, compare the other Healing set bonuses that are just flat bonuses that they definitely want. Druids get a bonus roughly equivalent to our 3 point Empowered Renew talent on a spell they're casting plenty already. Shamans essentially get free Haste on the spell they cast most often. Paladins get more absorbed by Sacred Shield, which should always be up. Obviously, the Priest one is good for Discipline, but Holy gets a bonus on a spell that they often go entire boss fights without using. Clearly, the bonus is very underwhelming when compared to the 4pc bonus for all of the other healing specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    a bit harsh don't you think?
    No, as it's a discussion about the CURRENT set bonuses, not a "make your own dream gear" thread.

Have you ever had PoM jump all 6 times? It's a stupid bonus really, borderline useless. It jumps a few times, if there's a lot of raid damage. The only encounter where it works awesome is Sapphiron.

Just adding more to whole disc-thingy of playing, do we really need more shields after paladins shield, shamans shield, aegis, pws and val'anyr procs?

No. If it's proc-based, it sucks. 15% on DP > this. Way way way way way better.

So it'd be what, 4500 - 5000? It's better to channel mind flay than that tbh, it's a waste of gcd if it cannot crit.

Current T8 bonuses are ok, better than T7 ones.

Agree with Nezoia here.

Could we please keep the discussions about our current t8 setbonus instead of filling the thread with stuff that you dream off ?

Back to topic

I do agree that 2set bonus for shadow is very good but i really cant see how 240 haste/4sec is that good ? Im not a math expert but isnt it like 0.05 sec reduced casting time ?

This would be a dps nerf. There's not really any point in making a 1.5 second spell instant cast.

The current 2 piece seems nice although a little weak compared to some of the other 2 pieces classes are enjoying. I'm reserving judgment on the 4 piece until it becomes clear what it does and if it works properly.

for healing as it's my main spec and off spec, here's what I gotta say

THANKS FOR NOT FUCKING US OVER BIG TIME BLIZZARD! THESE BONUSES ARE GREAT THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR UNIQUE AND CLEVER DESIGNS ON HEALING! 15 MORE SPELL POWER!? PERFECT! MY RENEW WILL TICK FOR 1883 INSTEAD OF 1882! THANKS BLIZZARD FOR NOT MAKING SOMETHING SO PATHETIC AND COMPLETELY USELESS!

it goes the same for holy pali and resto shammy. both also have the shitties when it comes to a set bonus. but you know what? druids don't get crap bonuses, because they always get what they want.

As for shadow, wow great, that's some seriously innovative things there. Really innovative. It's like you guys are being run by the most mundane operators of all time.

This better be a joke 'cause "priests can't have nice things." This has got to be one of the most pathetic set bonuses I've seen. This better be a rewording issue.

I think they want to say 15% haste and 15% sp, some kind of error like Unleashed Rage on shamans

Otherwise, it obviously sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbzie
    for healing as it's my main spec and off spec, here's what I gotta say

THANKS FOR NOT FUCKING US OVER BIG TIME BLIZZARD! THESE BONUSES ARE GREAT THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR UNIQUE AND CLEVER DESIGNS ON HEALING! 15 MORE SPELL POWER!? PERFECT! MY RENEW WILL TICK FOR 1883 INSTEAD OF 1882! THANKS BLIZZARD FOR NOT MAKING SOMETHING SO PATHETIC AND COMPLETELY USELESS!

it goes the same for holy pali and resto shammy. both also have the shitties when it comes to a set bonus. but you know what? druids don't get crap bonuses, because they always get what they want.

As for shadow, wow great, that's some seriously innovative things there. Really innovative. It's like you guys are being run by the most mundane operators of all time.

This better be a joke 'cause "priests can't have nice things." This has got to be one of the most pathetic set bonuses I've seen. This better be a rewording issue.
    Try reading the rest of the thread, dumbass.