Divine Hymn madness!

That's 8 seconds of healing.. with this talent spec and shadow dps gear :|

Re: Divine Hymn madness!

That's quite decent, but just remember how fragile channelling spells are, and that it have a long cooldown.

Lets compare to Greater Heal, which with similar buffs, heal a bit less.

Greater Heal: 32% of base mana, 3 second cast (untalented, no haste)
    Heals for: 8000-12000

Divine Hymn: 35% of base mana, 2 seconds before first tick (untalented, no haste).
    Heals for: 11000-14000

Have you tested yet in a group setting? Does it indeed "bounce" to the next lowest health target... or does it continue the channel on the three targets originally picked?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    That's quite decent, but just remember how fragile channelling spells are, and that it have a long cooldown.

Lets compare to Greater Heal, which with similar buffs, heal a bit less.

Greater Heal: 32% of base mana, 3 second cast (untalented, no haste)
    Heals for: 8000-12000

Divine Hymn: 35% of base mana, 2 seconds before first tick (untalented, no haste).
    Heals for: 11000-14000
    Good job choosing your words carefully. A blue was just spotted nearby, looking to trim the first ability that didn't have a disclaimer after a personal approval. It's a very good (quite decent, lol) situational spell. It's not going to play the game for you.

Comparing those two spells isn't logical. One is an AoE that auto targets the most in need for an insane amount, but channeled. The other is a cast, and it affects a single target.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

I was just comparing the Healing versus the Mana cost, to get a overview of how expensive it actually is.

I think even a odd comparison like that, still gives a better idea than seeing a heal crit for 14k on a screenshot.

I prefer the current incarnation... seems highly situational and difficult to use effectively... thus not much has changed. I guess it has better pve utility now but I kinda feel they are still off the ball.

Same goes with the new Hymn of Hope... admitadly it seems better but it seems even more convoluted and difficult to use than Divine Hymn.

They should lower the cooldown.. i can't think of a lvl 80 skill from any class that has a 6 min CD. make it like tranquility (4 min) or lower with talents... we lost a great CC to this though

Good news found on the official forums.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73104629&sid=1

Just to throw it out there, for those wondering.

Divine hymn does retarget after each tick. it was healing for around 10k per person per tick with a Disc build and ~2100 SP.
    Divine Hymn is officially fantastic, but with a huge cooldown. Expect it to be nerfed to hell. Priests can't have good things :P

This probably also means that Hymn of Hopelessness also retargets.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It seems good, both for PvP and PvE. It heals through pillars. And it doesn't "bounce" it just heals 3 people simultaneously. I healed about 163k in 8 seconds when I tried it. =)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daunteh
    It seems good, both for PvP and PvE. It heals through pillars. And it doesn't "bounce" it just heals 3 people simultaneously. I healed about 163k in 8 seconds when I tried it. =)
    Sweet. What would be ultrasweet now though was if the first tick would be instant just like penence. Then I would even use it in pvp as a shadowpriest.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I hope this doesn't get nerfed... i mean it has a 40 yard range. And if it is used with borrowed time... that would make it even more fun to use! could make or break a small scrimmage in a battleground.

15+ Year Old Account

Heals for about 8-9k as disc priest with 1920 sp.

On a sidenote the added 20% effect persists for 7 seconds after you are done (its added/renewed for each tick).

Only issue now is as mentioned the channeled part, but I guess thats what healing focus is for.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

On the topic of pushback, they did fix Concentration Aura? , it's bugged atm. for some reason.

i don't know about you guys but i think this is one sick spell. quite happy with it. anyone have a video? they should change the graphics of these hymns a bit...i mean druid tranquility was so epic, we need a spell that turns heads besides spirit of redemption.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Pfftt, the smaller the effect, the less chance of it being interrupted. :P
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

The targetswapping seems nice for Divine, but it feels like it will make Hope completely useless again (if im not misstaken , it will more or less cause Hope to give 3% to a lot of ppl, and thus have no real effect).

Imo Hope needs to be 100% guaranteed for the caster, and give more % to the caster(giving back some 20-30% mana to the priest seems fair to me being channeled and having that CD), and the smaller amount to others as a bonus.

Unf the channeled part of the hymns makes them a mess to use, its not so often we have that mych time to spend standing around...

Hymn of Hopelessness has some interesting bugs right now.

Bug 1:
    The +20% max manapool will CUMULATIVE STACK for each tick.
    The first multiplier will give you 100*1.2 = 120% manapool.
    The second multiplier will give you 120*1.2 = 144% manapool.
    The third multiplier will give you 144*1.2 = 172% manapool.
    Gets even better with multiple priests!
    This bug is kind of minor if given by one priest, (you typically only get a few ticks worth of boosted regen), but with the second bug, it gets excessive.

Bug 2:
    The glyph is majorly bugged.
    In short, the glyphed version:
    Hits 9 people (eh? supposed to be 3) per tick, heals for 9% of their manapool (correct!) , and increase manapool by 60% (eh? supposed to be 20%).
    Now Bug #1 gets insane, increaseing your manapool by insane amounts. Replenishment yields several hundred MP5 and a shadowfiend will make a double innervate look measly.

It will be fixed.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Pfftt, the smaller the effect, the less chance of it being interrupted. :P
    damn you speak the truth

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com