SoR as the tank seal...

I am curious as to whether or not SoR can replace Sov for tanking, with the new t8 2 piece and SoR glyph coupled with SoTP would Sor out threat Sov? This also brings in reckoning being not so useless when tanking since it has no affect on SoV really. I didnt do any math behind this, and it is just a question, so please no one flaming me about it, i just want some honest opinons. Also sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but i dont read very many forums >.>

Re: SoR as the tank seal...

ill stick with corruption i like the 10exp glyph more. Not to mention you'll be able to keep a stack up on 8mobs fairly easily with the new hotr glyph.

just my 2 cents

Seal of Rightous for trash pulls (mainly for the judgment only)
    Vengeance / Corruption for bosses

Yes with SoR you will miss the 10 expertise.
    But normally trash mobs are 2-3 lvls lower then bosses so the exp/hit rating you get from gear should be enough to get by.

On trash mobs that die in 30 seconds SoV/SoC just sucks

There was a thread on this on maintankadin, and if I remember correctly the results with full raid buffs, and a perfect rotation that didn't take into account latency etc, were something like this:

With the SoR glyph, a slow weapon, 5/5 reckoning, and a lot of expertise to help make up for the loss of the SoV glyph, than SoR could be > than SoV.

With the SoV glyph, a fast weapon (all weapons I've seen linked from Uld so far are fast, and the only slow tank weapon in Naxx is Broken Promise) and no reckoning, SoV>SoR.

Basically, SoR took some propping up, and even when SoR was better, I think it was ahead by something like 25-50 dps and keep in mind that was under ideal circumstances (not taking into account time moving a boss, using a global cd for a different ability, lag, etc). Obviously something might change in the future, to make SoR better, and it is useful on trash if nothing else.

TLDR: SoV is still > SoR