Divine Gaurdian.

My guild has 3 prot warriors a dk and a feral druid. The DK is usually DPSing as is the druid. When we need another tank they do their thing. I am one of the prot warriors and I decided to switch to a paladin to offer some diversity to our tanking group. I have a quick question about divine gaurdian. As it is right now I dont see many practical applications for it and was wondering if maybe i was missing something. It seems quite useful but the fact that divine shield drops aggro leads me to think that it is a OT tool for when im not tanking anything. Also, looking at the latest talent calculator, it looks like they have changed it and it is now its own ability and no long linked to divine shield. Is this ture or false?

Re: Divine Gaurdian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshika42
    My guild has 3 prot warriors a dk and a feral druid. The DK is usually DPSing as is the druid. When we need another tank they do their thing. I am one of the prot warriors and I decided to switch to a paladin to offer some diversity to our tanking group. I have a quick question about divine gaurdian. As it is right now I dont see many practical applications for it and was wondering if maybe i was missing something. It seems quite useful but the fact that divine shield drops aggro leads me to think that it is a OT tool for when im not tanking anything. Also, looking at the latest talent calculator, it looks like they have changed it and it is now its own ability and no long linked to divine shield. Is this ture or false?
    Aside from the fact that it's not live yet, then yes, it's true.
    I guess it should be considered either an OT tool, or a PvP tool. Looks like an AoE version of Hand of Sacrifice if you ask me.

Re: Divine Gaurdian.

Or something for Holy Pallys to pick up for a raid wide Shield Wall