Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Disc is the Bastard Child

The only area I can recall discipline being a "bastard" or "red headed step chield" would be on the actual healing area. You can say what you want about having a powerfull shield, but pw:s still got a 15 sec stopping mechanism for each target and even being able to shield more than one obviously your heals on their own will be relatively weak.

Just to put it in - this is mainly ranting atm

Now adding that its not meant to heal more than "one" target at a time the heals themself ought to have more punch - its not even needed to place talents in the holy tree further down to "balance" out since disc will have to take a load of talents just to get whats needed in discipline allready. Now I may be underestimating the 10k aegis - when stacked (which means the actual heals need to be powerfull enough to not get absorbed by blows and so on to stack enough), so maybe its not so bad there. But all in all a disc priest should be able to single target as well as a paladin - afterall as they said with dps "hybrids shouldn't do as much damage". Disc priests will allready see a decline in mana regen after all - where I doubt paladins in most cases will care much that they loose spiritual attunement since most of the regen there is from crits anyway.
    could come up with plenty examples how paladins can just spam their heals, but really we all know them too well.

So in short - more healing power to disc
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

With the actual revamping of rapture, spirit is much more useful than before. With some good SP and %crit you can easily put yoursefl OFSR, i know it sounds silly but 5 seconds are a gain not a loss if we should count in the replenish effect too. Also i am starting to consider haste as a more powerfull "tool" for us, arround 10-15% haste raid buffed should get you close to DA stacking, a pretty hard thing to do w/o haste. Anyway, to achieve those "goals" you have to put yourself thru a lot of painfull progress, where shadow fiend and a mana pot will be your best friends. So yes, 4pc of T8 may sound a bit tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by adalet
    With the actual revamping of rapture, spirit is much more useful than before. With some good SP and %crit you can easily put yoursefl OFSR, i know it sounds silly but 5 seconds are a gain not a loss if we should count in the replenish effect too. Also i am starting to consider haste as a more powerfull "tool" for us, arround 10-15% haste raid buffed should get you close to DA stacking, a pretty hard thing to do w/o haste. Anyway, to achieve those "goals" you have to put yourself thru a lot of painfull progress, where shadow fiend and a mana pot will be your best friends. So yes, 4pc of T8 may sound a bit tasty.
    The problem with Haste is that it's easy to have too much haste; pushing Flash Heal below 1 second with Borrowed Time comes to mind.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The problem with Haste is that it's easy to have too much haste; pushing Flash Heal below 1 second with Borrowed Time comes to mind.
    Oh noes, i forgot borrowed time is a buff that pops after you spam a skill every second you heal. :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Have had it down at 0.675 with bloodlust, berserk, pi and borrowed time . So in short - Yes.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Have had it down at 0.675 with bloodlust, berserk, pi and borrowed time . So in short - Yes.
    Bloodlust and PI don't stack. It makes Kel a sadface.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~