Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Nax is serious buisness

If I were to start a PUG, I'd definitely ask for achievement link (which means they're familiar with fights) and armory them to make sure they are epic'd out. Why? Because I want the smoothest run possible and the more geared people are the more room for error we have.

Yes, it's that simple. Nothing personal, just common sense to choose the best.

Why are you worrying about not getting into Naxx when you aren't fully epic'd out yet? Heroics, emblems and reputation gear alone will give you all the epics you need to look "presentable" for people requiring gear checks.

Seriously, just reroll or level your shaman..

I'm not being harsh, I'm being realistic. On my server at least, there are more DPS Unholy DK's than you can shake a stick at - it's no supprise most of them are either guildless or in the same guild as one another. Taking your shaman to 80 gives you a few options, a more in-demand class (again, on my server) to fill slots in pug raid and a class/spec which many guilds would love to take you in for. Additionally, you can slowly bring in your DK as an alt to take on guild runs in time.

There are some very good players who simply cannot raid because no one wants more DK's and they're having to level up their TBC mains again.

Hope it works out for you, but level your shaman anyway...

The hilarious thing is that most of these 'elitists' are casual/bad players who have let getting handed free epics go to their head and now consider themsleves pro raiders.

The same happened in BC when bad players stacked with Welfare Epics would turn up their noses at what they considered inferior stats
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Dk's were complaining about not getting free rides through Naxx in BC?

Yeah. . . I think people just want things to be easy and use gear as a crutch.

If you're wanting to be a DK you're setting yourself up for disappointment as well. You're not the only guy who wants to do leet deeps as a hero class and that attitude will be reflected by pug raid comp.

Uhhhhh...my main isn't a DK.

I can confirm that naxx is definitely serious business.

SERIOUS BIZNESS!!!11

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    people running naxx and asking for "Geared players with naxx achievement" are

1) not geared themselves, and want the best chance to get gear.
    2) are too geared and elitist
    3) are too lazy to lead a raid.
    4) Experienced with naxx pugs, and know all the shit it can bring, hence they ask for people with some decent gear/achievement to filter at least some of the shitheads wanting a naxx freeride out.

How do you get experience if you never get to go there?

exactly...

PS: epic gear doesn't make you an epic player.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

THe problem is that you are in PvP gear, since BC ans S2 welfare PvP gear on almost every scrub, has left a bad impression about people in PvP gear.

Sad, but true.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    How do you get experience if you never get to go there?

exactly...

PS: epic gear doesn't make you an epic player.
    Join a raiding guild, work on your gear like the rest of us did in the start of wotlk? PVP gear is the lazy/easy way, getting some crafted/heroic gear to start with shows you at least did something to earn your naxx spot.

You have to know the naxxpugs that are going mainly consist of alts of raiders, who usually are already a bit geared or at least are not doing 1100 dps in level 80 blue gear (you don't want to know how many scrub's cant pull off 2.5-3k dps in lvl 80 blue stuff, something that is easily achievable if you know your class).
    These kind of people just want to run their alts through naxx without some scrubs holding them back because their dps is so low or they do not know the fights. As i said before, if it is your main char and you want to raid, then stop being lazy, join a guild, work a bit on your gear and you too will soon enough be the one asking "geared" people for naxx pugs on your alt

Another quite fun option is to simply respec your Death Knight; it's much easier to find a group as a tank than it is as a DPS, and with the Tempered Saronite gear (which is very cheap to craft) and Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle, almost any DK can become defense capped with a respectable amount of health very quickly.

Once you start tanking runs, take DPS gear for offspec when nobody else needs it, and slowly build up a DPS set to respec into DPS. Odds are, in 10 mans especially, that there are going to be a few plate DPS pieces not needed by anyone else in every run, and you can slowly build a nice epic DPS set to go back to later.

Basically, make yourself needed so they have to take you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seancarter
    My friend was very quickly geared out to be main tank. He later sold his account and left me stranded on the server.
    Sounds like he beat the game. When you have all the gear the best thing to do is just /finish and stop wasted your money.

Unfortunatly I dont have the gear i want on every charicters I have (like 5 :-P ) otherwise I would be done too, except for maby an arena here or there.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I'm a class leader so have to consider applicants to raid force.

One horrible issue is communication for me, I am forever humbled by the fact I can speak my own language (English... ) and I don't have to try another - so bear that in mind when I say:

Communication to me is how to judge someone who appears sucky.

People who can communicate and take advice:
    -Go where they need to go for gear
    -Read up my links and ask questions on stuff they dont understand
    -Explain why they slack on things I request
    -Explain what their goal is
    -Dont over-estimate
    -Are calm

This leads to people who may underperform at first but can calmly (i.e not panic bid, not take a strength ring cos its got expertise, not panic and whine when they dont get a spot) grade themselves up - with the tuition of people around them and the fact that we shard a lot (its cheap for them to gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    people running naxx and asking for "Geared players with naxx achievement" are

1) not geared themselves, and want the best chance to get gear.
    2) are too geared and elitist
    3) are too lazy to lead a raid.
    Fail.

I wont even bother explain since it's been written by others

Brudish

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious
    Fail.

I wont even bother explain since it's been written by others
    Then why'd you post?

Lol

Bad Players are the new Elitists

I recently experienced this firsthand as I just got my Rogue to 80 after sitting inactive on my Horde server for a year.

Paying attention to LFG and Tradechat for the first time, I was honestly AMAZED by the level of snobbery and arrogance as bad players demanded to know stats and achievements before giving an invite to something as easy as a Heroic or 10OS with no Drake.

I managed to get an invite to H AN, and immediately was asked to give my stats. I simply said I was newly 80, had run an assload of heroics on my main and did decent DPS despite my gear (I also linked my 1650dps from a guild H UK semi-PUG). I was then booted and had to practically beg to be let back in with a conversation that went something like this:

Me: It's only a heroic, DPS isn't really an issue

Retard: AN is HARD!

Me: Ummmm...not really.

Retard: I don't know if you've done it on heroic but its really hard!

Me: Look, I've done EVERY heroic an assload of times on my main

Retard: Well okay but Ill kick you if you dont perform!!1

Once we got going everything became abundantly clear:

The baddie in question was a truely Godawful keyboard-turning Pally tank who was incapable of picking up the aggro-dropping adds. We wiped twice in a row on trash before half the party ragequit. He wasn't even using Consecrate and explained to me that it was a 'DPS talent'...

I managed to reform the party with a new tank and DPS, one of whom was a Huntard who put out 700dps and didn't use Steady Shot because he 'wasn't specced for it'...

On my server, people ask you to link your [Superior] to join Naxxramas PUGs.

I find it rather ironic since:

Heroic: The Fall of Naxxramas: 23/11/2008
    Heroic: The Spellweaver's Downfall: 27/11/2008
    Superior: 08/12/2008

Yeah... Naxx is serious business.

(And no, really, Tier6 4p bonus was awesome enough to keep my T6 for that long.)