Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How Spirit can REALLY fix mages

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    credibility? Look at the post and actually read it..I'm not gonna sit here and berate you because you haven't looked at my post. I'm reading the arcane one right now and all I have to say is...

"Conventional Cons:
    There is a theoretical loss of burst damage as well as a potential not to use your mana -> damage conversion maximally."

:O Srsly?!?!?!?

"It is apparent that the power of Arcane lies in short fights and burst DPS. I believe the school of thought behind the "Aggressive use of evocation" are attempting to leverage this fact by shifting the way the Arcanist fights to 2 min intervals. Hence, the Arcanist is essentially DPSing through encounters in 'phases of burst'."

MAYBE THIS IZ WHY I CANT TOP METERS MOMMY
    No you see the answer to why everyone questions your credibility is your lack or an open mind....and your laughable engineering/mining skill doesn't make it any better...maybe you should hide those in your signature

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Viction
    you could also make spirit give us 500 armor for each spirit so we will be viable tanks.
    That idea sucks. We would be instantly armor capped and thus have a major scaling problem!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

i love how it started with the idea of spirit with mages and ended up in a rage about ffb over other specs.

i dont know much about mages, but ive played on my friends and know a little about the class. ive seen alot of mages top charts and im actually curious to see what this spirit change is going to do, with the nerfs that are due too
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

I responded to this post in another thread, but I'll TL;DR it here

This change, as I've said in several threads on several forums, is intended less as a buff, and more to mechanically make spirit less unattractive on gear you probably would have picked up anyway, but is still subpar compared to traditional mage oriented cloth.

Spirit gear is and will probably remain gear you take because poorly itemized 226 bracers are probably an upgrade over 200 bracers, even if the former have spirit and the latter dont. Not in every case, maybe, but most likely. This change makes the upgrade a bit better, and lessens the gap a bit between those poorly itemized (spirit) bracers and the really good ones with just haste crit and spellpower (and stam+int).

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    First, FFB is sub spec atm, if you can't manage to have enough mana as TtW/Fire, you or your guild is not doing it correctly. You either not get the right buff, can't kill boss fast enough or don't know how to play. Show me a single FFB mage over 6.5k dps. And also, I'm wandering what super utility you get from FFB spec I do not have with TtW/Fire. In fact I have more (FM).

Secondly, that idea is terrible, let me tell you why: Blizz said the Spirit change will not increase dps so don't expect it, secondly, you base your assumption on EVO -> Spirit, this disapear from game about 18 months ago. No it would not be so OP, since the conversion of spirit for locks is way better than what we got.

Third, I don't know how you lost that much crit in 3.1, your gear must be terrible. As a Fire mage, with the minimum spirit on gear as possible, if I convert 3 points (DB, Throwing and 1 in arcane) to Student of the Mind, I am at 4.8% crit full raid buff. Having a quick look at the gear in Ulduar, I should be somewhere between 6.0-6.5% crit once fully geared. At least now it scale with gear.

What I think should be fixed for mage, Combustion, it should guaranty 3 HS procs instead of 3 Crit. That would not be so OP and would give a bit of Burst to Fire. With the same scale of 10% per cast, it would not take more than 6-8 FB to get 3 HS.

ever stop and think that 66 percent crit on your main source of damage might be a tad much for the first tier of raiding content, and might leave the devs little wiggle room with which to offer gear upgrades that are meaningful?

rng

Quote Originally Posted by Hawlin
    rng
    only fluctuated ~6% in my favor, add up all the buffs I had throughout the fight and it comes out to be around 60%.

-6% of my FFB crits and it equals 28 crits instead of 32. Pretty sure that would only be about a 75-100 dps loss.

in 3.1 blizz will nerf manaregen. FB mages can take 100% manareg while casting, i think thats point of stacking spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Waluigiee
    If they really wanna help mages out overall, how about you convert Sprit into a percentage of spell hit!!!

Its amazing how much DPS we lose trying to Hit Cap for raiding, when you can get a very nice DPS boost if you didnt' have to keep certain pieces of gear equiped just for the Spell Hit.

I know myself am sacrificing 2-3 pieces of gear that lowers my damage, crit and Haste just so I can hit the full raid buffed hit cap.

By Converting Spirit into Hit you solve alot of problems....

1. Boost in DPS
    2. More choices of Gear
    3. Better mana regen overall in the long run.
    4. More mana on Evocates.

I see it as a Win / Win all around.
    You fail Reroll class.

How Spirit can REALLY fix mages
    You're assuming mages need to be fixed.

All Blizzard (GC) has said is that they don't want mages to think "uugh! >" whenever they see an item with spirit on it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    You're assuming mages need to be fixed.

All Blizzard (GC) has said is that they don't want mages to think "uugh! >" whenever they see an item with spirit on it.
    They failed.