Constructive Ret Ideas

I recently made a post on the Blizzard Forums. I like the Ret community on MMO and was hopin to get feedback or even support.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64256313&sid=1

Among the Concern I will feature PVE since we all know Ret PVP/PVE Balance is a hard game to play with. Our Class as a DPS clas has been Designed around being the "bursty DPS" class. We have Huge Numbers that pop up in our Rotations, due to in part our CDs all being enough that we don't do anything for 2 seconds. This makes us great for Trash Fights, Topping charts and taking names, but On bosses with sustained damage, we fall behind. Green Geared Rets can also easily atain high dps without any need for Blue Gear to be in the middle of the pack, but once we gear up and the rest gears with us, we kinda stay in the middle, although we do feel the glory of being on top till the others do. This scaling issue and lack of sustained DPS is our biggest losses in PVE and is why we are considered OP! at first while later end game we are Mediocre.

Haste - Fixed. The 30% increase that we benefit from haste was a good amount. 30% means we might not fail when Heroism is cast. It is still a mundane stat just.. we don't fall on our faces with heroism. Armor Penetration is still bad considering most of our attacks are holy. Perhaps a Ret talent that Increases Spell Hit chance by 30% our ArP % deep in the Ret tree? This would make it a bit more interesting to see rets socket/gear for.

Rework a couple talents and abilities to give us a more solid rotation. FCFS while it does have some use in proving skill for a Priority system, anyone can still bash their face on a keyboard and DPS good. I was thinking more of a system that would incorporate something similar to diseases a DK gets. Here is my Idea.

Crusader Strike ( the famous 41 Pt talent that is considered Lackluster) - an Instant weapon strike that does 100% + 3% for every stack of Vengence/Corruption on the target by the paladin. Also refreshes the Current Stack. Why Vengence? This was requested by many but having it scale gives it less burst in PVP yet more PVE sustainability. the 3% makes up for we have to apply the 5 stacks to get the 15% more damage, and when we have to get out for AOE damage or anything, we have to reapply to get back the stack just like with our current talent "Vengence". Resulting in a smooth transition to better DPS.

Seals of the Pure - This is a fun holy talent, but perhaps it could be reworked to provide more synergy for all specs. Lets see. instead of raw increase to some Seals, lets have it do this - Increases the Benefit of Spell power your seals and Judgements gain by 10/20/30/40/50%. Make this more interesting and better for Holy too. They scale with gear better for tanks and holy more, while still making it somewhat worthwhile for a dump for ret paladins.

Seal of Blood/Martyr - Yea recoil YAY! I think that this seal might be something to have fun with. Instead of having the Seal be solely Weapon Damage, what about adding a Modifier from AP / SP similar how SoR is. This makes it benefit more from raid buffs. Perhaps this change can give us the increase of damage we will lose from Lack of Crusade in ulduar! Maybe Half the Backlash if you arent giving us mana from it (You gain 10% of the damage you deal to yourself as mana). Seems too wordy for a seal. It would also be for synergy for the SotP talent I recommend.

Add a new ret talent or Prot - similar to Armed to the teeth for warriors/dks - Give us Heavenly Armor - Grants the paladin 1 haste rating (iono something different and fun and useful hell maybe AP) for every 180 armor.

With the suggestion of HW damage increase on 2p, it would be interesting to see Holy Wrath "Usable on all targets, causes half damage against non undead/demons." This would give us our QQ interrupt that we complain so much about, hell, raise the CD to 25 seconds.

And finally, Please consider the DPS increase of 4p T7. It not only grants us about 2.6~3.2 depending on gear increase to DPS it also a - Gives us more sustainable mana, and b - fixes our jumbled rotation.

I like the Retirbution Paladin, I like Burst DPS cause it is different and not boring with our FCFS, but perhaps building up to that huge burst would sustain a good Boss DPS without making PVP people complain of being brought down during our 6 second stun. Thanks for listening

Re: Constructive Ret Ideas

On another Note, I noticed that our Relics are.. interesting. What do you think about adding a Socket to our relics to match those of the other 6 classes?