My hastily put together spec for 3.1

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9704

Do you think this would be good for 3.1. I'm no expert on this stuff but i don't see why this would be a bad build. Could you please explain what could be improved or if this just isn't viable. I also added what glyph I think would best fit this build.

Re: My hastily put together spec for 3.1

I'd remove imp frost presence and corpse explosion and put the points into Blood Caked Blade instead. Like this.

Threw in some glyphs as well that I think you could use.

Ya I that looks a little better, thank you very much. But why get the Icy Touch glyph? They are making it a DoT spell now (right?) and the old reason for glyphing it was to use the ITx6 rotation to spam frost strike. But now spamming it won't do much damage and only 10 more RP isn't much per rotation. If I was trying maximize single target dps wouldn't Ghoul, Frost Strike, and Obliterate Glyph help more? And even with trash AoE damage using howling blast glyph make makes it reapply it so you would use icy touch even less, making that glyph even more useless.

Quote Originally Posted by maizeandblue15
    Ya I that looks a little better, thank you very much. But why get the Icy Touch glyph? They are making it a DoT spell now (right?) and the old reason for glyphing it was to use the ITx6 rotation to spam frost strike. But now spamming it won't do much damage and only 10 more RP isn't much per rotation. If I was trying maximize single target dps wouldn't Ghoul, Frost Strike, and Obliterate Glyph help more? And even with trash AoE damage using howling blast glyph make makes it reapply it so you would use icy touch even less, making that glyph even more useless.
    It was just one I threw in there. If you'd rather use frost strike, that's fine. Might be best anyway. Ghoul would be okay too. It's really your choice. Glyph of Howling Blast might be pointless anyway since you are going to use Icy Touch with each rotation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by maizeandblue15
    But why get the Icy Touch glyph? They are making it a DoT spell now (right?) and the old reason for glyphing it was to use the ITx6 rotation to spam frost strike.
    It always applied a DoT :

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive
    It always applied a DoT :
    Indeed. Some people are confused about this, though, because it said it was "new" in the new patch. Which is wrong. I mean, unless they did something to it we don't know of.

I think they just added text explaining it applied a DoT. At the moment it just mentions slowing attack speed.

The *new* part of Icy touch applying a DoT is as *new* as Plague Strike applying a DoT

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    The *new* part of Icy touch applying a DoT is as *new* as Plague Strike applying a DoT
    Yay for tool tip buff!

Okay, I never realized it applied a DoT, just the initial damage it did upfront. Did they make any changes to icy touch then?

No, it always did this.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.