Alchemy - Help please

Hey guys,

I play a rogue with herb/mining and I have been raiding too much lately what made me spent a lot of money in flasks. So I was thinking about leveling Alchemy on my lvl 70 retired priest just to fullfil my flasks/elixirs needs.

Few questions:

1- It may be a stupid question, but is it possible to max a profession on a nonlvl 80 char?
    2- Should I go Elixir mastery?
    3- Would I be able to proc the extra flasks not being lvl 80?
    4- How much would I spent to max the profession?

Sorry for so many questions and for the english.

Thanks.

Re: Alchemy - Help please

On your first 3 questions, the answer is yes.
    Number four really depends on your server, but taking a look at a 1-450 alchemy guide together with some math of your server's prices should give you a ~answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I voted Waffles, because Waffles are awesome.

Freshly baked up in the morning with some fresh old fashioned butter and maple syrup, can't go wrong with that. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the waffles in your mouth, syrup dripping down your throat, and then downing it with a glass of O.J.

It is because of this that I believe Blizzard should rework Azeroth for Waffles.

Thanks for the reply.

Which other profession (Alch/X) would be a good money maker for an alt once my main has mining/herb?

Brudish

1. you need to be 65
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. Depends on server.
    5. (your second post) JC

I've had alch on my main since day 1, so I don't know specifically about what level you need to be to max alch, but I have maxed enchanting on my level 60 DK.

Yes. I have a lv 70 with it

no. go potions

yes. my lv 70 procs a lot

Depends on server. Herbs went up due to inscription (/spit) but WotLK herbs are flooded. The most expensive part i found is stuff like plaguebloom and sungrass

Well I have plenty of herbs in my bank, most wotlk one (like lichbloom, frostlotes, icethorn, fireleafs), so I don't believe they will be usefull.

JC is good for a alt for what reason? Prospect of the nodes?

What is the benefit of potion mastery over elixir?

Thanks again friends.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry to kind of hijack your thread, but I didn't want to start a new one about alchemy.

Any news if Blizzard plans on updating alchemy trinkets in 3.1? I haven't seen info on it just yet, but that would be a nifty thing if they do update it.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."