Affiction PvP in 3.1.0 - Best specc!

Hey ya'll, wanted to talk some about the new pvp specc for warlocks.

At the moment I run the normal Aff with SL.

I have made this specc ------> http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9704

Now ofcoures there will be some variation, like if u prefer Improved Healthstone, or Health Funnel. And some minor changes in Aff, dependning on ya play style.

I got the 8 points in dest, for the 6% reduced damage. And ofcoures also the soul link gylph, which is ofcoures a must have for all pvp locks, with the +5% increased shared damage with deamon.

Anyways, if u have any other speccs, show them, and state why u believe they would be much better.

~Dui

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Affiction PvP in 3.1.0 - Best specc!

Do you really need that many pts in supression? I would think maybe 1 or 2 would be enough hit sense it can be picked up elsewhere. Id rather add more damage to stuff through talants and get the hit some place else.

you're giving up master summoner and improved armor for this spec. i know the pet will be kept up better with demonic empathy but i could still see him getting focused down so i'd stick with the basic 54/17 that a lot of ppl are running now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hntrx
    you're giving up master summoner and improved armor for this spec. i know the pet will be kept up better with demonic empathy but i could still see him getting focused down so i'd stick with the basic 54/17 that a lot of ppl are running now.
    Agreed, especially seeing as the 5 points in Bane to get Molten Skin are a complete waste of points. Taking points out of Soul Siphon and Deaths Embrace isn't a very good idea as once you lock a Drain Soul on at 25% it isn't going to get healed over.

Searing pain? ... Drain life?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboner
    I'm curious to what you use as a filler if you deem Bane a waste of points. Especially now that our DoT's will be even easier to keep up.
    I'm usually too busy juggling CC between my 2 opponents and keeping DoT's on them all. The only times Sbolt should be used in Arena is when you get a Nightfall proc. We don't have enough burst potential, even with Bane to warrant losing DoT uptime or breaking our own CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs
    I'm usually too busy juggling CC between my 2 opponents and keeping DoT's on them all. The only times Sbolt should be used in Arena is when you get a Nightfall proc. We don't have enough burst potential, even with Bane to warrant losing DoT uptime or breaking our own CC.
    Agreed beside searing pain and Drain Life are both better, esp searing pain.

you are nicely defenseless once your pet is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

You didn't mention if you're looking for a spec for BGs or Arena, as it is a big difference. Your spec may (with small tweaks) work quite well in a BG where you dont have to worry about your pet dying because you'll just die and get a new one. However, in arena... that is a big deal.

In Arena, I play rogue/lock and i have been up to 2k this season, and your pet WILL die, meaning you will lose 25% mitigation and die incredibly fast. If you want a Molten Skin build with bane, this is pretty much your only choice

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9704

Although, as a Haunt/SL lock in arena on live, i will say that bane isnt worth the points, which is also why nobody has it. There are still times when i shadowbolt without NF to burn someone down, but not often enough to warrant bane, just pay attention to erradiction. As mentioned, searing pain also works great here, especially when you know a counterspell is coming. Besides, I am almost always draining life to stay alive if im not CCing or dotting.

In 3.1, we now have 4 arena viable specs depending on your team composition. I rate them in this order...

Chaos/SL, Haunt/SL, Metamorph/Ruin, UA/SL/MS.

Although, I haven't played PTR yet so its anyones guess... But with Molten Skin and changes to Conflag based on Immolate damage... I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more destro locks in arena.

I Don't like to say it, tbh this is one of the wrost specs by far, soz, i mean come on, no imp drain life as sl/sl? wtf?. i think wut ur trying to do is get some type of burst in with sbolt procs, not a blight idea imo as that spec.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/3/2/5/9/4/832594cRiax.png

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9704

^ IMO. I think Imp Succi can go along way. She isn't quite a s fragile as she used to be, and given the new talents, she would be easier to keep up should she get focused. Also with a couple points in Fel Dom and Master Summoner, you have another at your disposal with relatively little cast time required.

Instant cast seduce is very hot. I am no arena junky, but I enjoy a good battle. I think this one above, Imp Fear, glyphed and talented HoT, DC, Seduce, Demonic Teleport and glyphed shadowflame will give us quite a few tools to control a lot of different situations. I left out Frostweave Nets. Those do save the day sometimes. Cloak of Shadows can be stopped by them, as well as a DK's AMS.

This spec I linked will be my secondary spec when 3.1 drops.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9722

I was thinking about playing with this spec for a bit

25% with soul link
    6% damage reduction with Molten skin

With Glyphs i'm getting 25% more to siphon life
    And the new shadowflame glyph might be fun, or it could be worthless. I might switch this out for the Corruption Glpyh in hopes of proccing nightfall more.

I did notice on PTR that the Dot Crits are really nice, I saw UA and Corruption critting for 3 to 4k