Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My Idea for Ret Changes...Talents and Trees

I could see moving Reckoning into the Retribution Tree as a realistic consideration, but with one of two catches.

1. Make Reckoning like the Death Knight's Necrosis ability, but instead of Shadow Damage, Auto Swing deals Holy Damage.

OR

2. Make Reckoning a three point talent and have it have a 5/10/15 or 10/20/30 or 15/30/45 percent chance that Crusader Strike will immediately cause you to hit your current target with another Crusader Strike(?).

I don't really like the idea of the chance of your 4 attacks having an additional attack in 8 seconds, cause you will only be swinging your weapon 2 Times.....3 Times TOPS (you would need an EXTREME amount or Haste)!

I could see moving Reckoning into the Retribution Tree as a realistic consideration, but with one of two catches.
    The devs don't want ret to spec 0/5/66 they want ret to branch out into the other trees. The only logical move would be to swap reckoning and anticipation since prot would get them anyway and make reckoning a proc to do additional holy damage.

I don't really like the idea of the chance of your 4 attacks having an additional attack in 8 seconds, cause you will only be swinging your weapon 2 Times.....3 Times TOPS (you would need an EXTREME amount or Haste)!
    I kept it simple like that because ret isn't really that far behind in dps from the other specs and neither is prot. Changing reckoning like this would basically be adding free damage to prot and if we made it too strong, it could catapult ret way to far ahead. Giving a limiter of 8 seconds makes faster weapons more appealing yet doesn't take away from the benefits of a slow weapon.

One way we could change it to make it proc steadily for ret yet keep the proc chance decently low for prot would be something like the following:

"You have a 10% chance on being hit and your crusader strike and divine storm abilities have a 30% chance to proc reckoning, making your next 4 weapon swings deal an additional 20% holy damage"

This way, for ret at least, the % chance to proc reckoning would be:
    3/10(cs) 3/10(ds) 3/10(cs) in a 12 second period instead of;
    1/10(ws) 1/10(ws) 1/10(ws) 1/10(ws) in a 12 second period with a highly hasted 3.5 second weapon (down to 3 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    Wouldn't be able to do this because it would create another "unique" raid buff. You could alter it to work kind of like Desecration for the death knights though and increase YOUR damage or YOUR armor penetration while standing in the consecration.
    This was something I actually thought about as well about a hour or so after making my orginal post and made the most sense to me. Desecration should pretty much be the exact opposite of what Consecration is anyways. So having it be a Paladin self buff for a Damage Increase or an Armor Penetration. Increase sounds really good to me. I'll most likely edit that in after I get done watching a movie here in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    The devs don't want ret to spec 0/5/66 they want ret to branch out into the other trees. The only logical move would be to swap reckoning and anticipation since prot would get them anyway and make reckoning a proc to do additional holy damage.
    I could live with this change happily as well. I still personally like the idea of making it more like the Death Knight's Necrosis, but if we switched Reckoning with Anticipation I would be just as happy with it proccing additional Holy Damage.

I still personally like the idea of making it more like the Death Knight's Necrosis
    I definitely understand how people would favor this kind of approach, but we have to understand that the deathknight is balanced around the fact they have access to necrosis. Our prot tree's threat is already really high and if they made reckoning turn into Holy Necrosis they'd have to nerf elsewhere (kinda like they did when they added spirit crit scaling for mages). Take a look at my newer idea on making reckoning proc more often for ret but stay the same for prot.

Quote Originally Posted by mica
    The only logical move would be to swap reckoning and anticipation since prot would get them anyway and make reckoning a proc to do additional holy damage.
    You can't swap reckoning with anticipation because Prot would throw a fit. NO good prot pally takes Reckoning right now and that wouldn't change with the proposed changes. There is no other "tanking" talents in tier 2 and it hampers progression down the tree.
    Dwarves are BURLY!