Holy pally question

why so many Mp5 stats on holy pally gear in Ulduar ??? ???

Are they gonna change the mana regen system or what ?

Re: Holy pally question

Spiritual Attunement is being removed and some of the mana regen calculations are being changed. Do a little searching next time

1/2

Mana regen itself isn't being changed

Spirit is being changed

MP5 is still a bad stat for Holydins

Which still effects our mana regen if only in an extremely small way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    1/2

Mana regen itself isn't being changed

Spirit is being changed

MP5 is still a bad stat for Holydins
    you are wrong...even as it is right now it isn't a bad stat...right now it is one of the lesser stats we should be worrying about...after the removal of spiritual attunment it makes it a bit better...but saying that it isn't that good...if they continue nerfing divine plea...mp5 will eventually be one of the more important stats because you will have enough total mana for any fight...you will then want to start maxing out crit, that nets you more mana then mp5 and after you have enough crit go mp5...because having 500mp5 is nothing to gawk at

Quote Originally Posted by cchsballa06
    you are wrong...even as it is right now it isn't a bad stat...right now it is one of the lesser stats we should be worrying about...
    It is so near the bottom that I will call it a crap stat.

after the removal of spiritual attunment it makes it a bit better...
    Please tell me how, when I can cast flash heal spam with my current heal gear (mostly bis) on patchwerk without ever going under 95% mana (without even using divine plea), spiritual attunement makes any real difference at all.

but saying that it isn't that good...if they continue nerfing divine plea...mp5 will eventually be one of the more important stats because you will have enough total mana for any fight...
    They never really nerfed DP at all other than the change to healing percentage.

you will then want to start maxing out crit, that nets you more mana then mp5 and after you have enough crit go mp5...because having 500mp5 is nothing to gawk at
    No. You will still want to stack the hell out of intellect in every single slot you can get intellect in and gem for intellect. Stacking intellect will still be the most important stat for regenerating mana and healing efficiently and it also gives you quite a nice amount of bonus healing and crit. Mp5 is the last thing you should be going for. All amounts being equal it goes spell power>intellect>crit>haste and thats the only stats you should be gearing for.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Also, since stacking Intellect gives you a larger mana pool, you get more mana returned from your friendly Shadow Priest through Replenishment.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

what you guys aren't seeing is that you say you should stack intellect over mp5 in your gear..

what my point is, is that before you put any enchants or gems in your gear you already have enough mana to benefit from replenishment and even divine plea,

what i would like to see is the math now on what's the most additional mana you can get from enchants and gems and see if that is more then the mana you would get from gemming mp5 gems and mp5 enchants

but essentially crit is gonna be your best mana retention/return until you are crit capped

my point is that if you have say like 24k mana raid buffed before enchants and gemming and then 25k mana raid buffed after gemming and enchanting thats only a 12.5mp5 increase with replenishment and 16.2/3mp5 with divine plea so a total of 29.1mp5....if you were crit capped you could then stack mp5 gems and mp5 on chest enchant in there cuz that would net you more mp5

my point is that if you have say like 24k mana raid buffed before enchants and gemming and then 25k mana raid buffed after gemming and enchanting thats only a 12.5mp5 increase with replenishment and 16.2/3mp5 with divine plea so a total of 29.1mp5....if you were crit capped you could then stack mp5 gems and mp5 on chest enchant in there cuz that would net you more mp5
    1: You'll net WAY more than 1k mana by gemming all slots for int.
    2: There is no crit cap.

3: nobody said mp5 was useless, just much, much less useful

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    1: You'll net WAY more than 1k mana by gemming all slots for int.
    2: There is no crit cap.

3: nobody said mp5 was useless, just much, much less useful
    The term crit cap refers specifically to melee crit; it is capped but not at a point where any paladin is likely to hit on non-loatheb fights. Ofc this is completely irrelevant to healing, just wanted to point out that some forms of crit are capped by the combat table.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    The term crit cap refers specifically to melee crit; it is capped but not at a point where any paladin is likely to hit on non-loatheb fights. Ofc this is completely irrelevant to healing, just wanted to point out that some forms of crit are capped by the combat table.
    Yeah, i know, but when its for holy, there is no cap, the more you have the more you benefit.

if your covered in crit/haste gear. i dont see no harm rolling on gear in ulduar that has more int+crit with mp5 slapped on it.

if you were bs and jc proffessions you could squeak out 32 more int...so yes you could easily get over 1k mana but besides that i think the only gems and enchants are, 10stats to chest, 16 int. on bracers, and then you have 16 int gem...but if you are going for a meta you might have to either forget about the meta and just stack 16int gems in every slot or just work around it....in the end i don't think you will be getting WAY more then 1k mana but maybe the most from gemming and enchanting would be around 1.5kmana

if you were bs and jc proffessions you could squeak out 32 more int...so yes you could easily get over 1k mana but besides that i think the only gems and enchants are, 10stats to chest, 16 int. on bracers, and then you have 16 int gem...but if you are going for a meta you might have to either forget about the meta and just stack 16int gems in every slot or just work around it....in the end i don't think you will be getting WAY more then 1k mana but maybe the most from gemming and enchanting would be around 1.5kmana
    -There's Int-enchant on shield and weapon aswell.
    -1k mana is so much more in effective Mana, when calculating with Replenishment+DP, than the equavilent value in Mp5 would be.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhealed
    why so many Mp5 stats on holy pally gear in Ulduar ??? ???

Are they gonna change the mana regen system or what ?
    T7 itemization > T8 > T9's. It'll get better.

well that was the case until they changed how much replenishment gave you...it used to be 1% i think...now it's only .25%