So if Death Strike is the new Obliterate for Blood spec

Are the set bonuses on the tier 7 dps pieces going to be changed to reflect this?

Right now they benefit obliterate and scourge strike, but not death strike.

Seems like a big oversight...

Re: So if Death Strike is the new Obliterate for Blood spec

as i understand the sets, while they are good gear with nice stats, they intentionally leave something to be desired in order to help press people into moving on. in that light, its possible they may simply consider that incentive to move on.

to be fair that's a snapshot analysis and i may be WAY off base
    all hail king frost strike

Yeah I understand not making the set bonuses overpowered, but as of 3.1 if i spec blood and Death Strike really is better than obliterate, then my set bonuses might as well not be there at all...

if you dont need the set bonus just get the best in slot gear instead of it. i doubt they would change the current bonus

Quote Originally Posted by beanchild
    if you dont need the set bonus just get the best in slot gear instead of it. i doubt they would change the current bonus
    Why not?They changed Sigil of Awareness to accomodate the change,its pretty logical to assume they'll change the T7 set bonus as well.

I still hope they at least add Death Strike to the set bonuses or replace Obliterate. They're trying really hard to make DS the Blood main hitter and with the specs possible, you can get up to 11% more crit from Obliterate than you can DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    I still hope they at least add Death Strike to the set bonuses or replace Obliterate. They're trying really hard to make DS the Blood main hitter and with the specs possible, you can get up to 11% more crit from Obliterate than you can DS.
    They aren't trying to make DS the main hitter for blood nor has any results I've seen (or done myself) shown that it's anything even close to the main hitter.
    DS equates to about 8% dmg in my rotations but I've seen as High as 12% for some results.

Heart Strike is the main hitter. All DS has became is a Death Rune generator for more Heart Strikes instead of the previous OB.
    I really don't care if DS gets added to the set bonus or not because it's such a small part of our overall damage. The addition of HS to the Sigil of Awareness is huge however.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    They aren't trying to make DS the main hitter for blood nor has any results I've seen (or done myself) shown that it's anything even close to the main hitter.
    DS equates to about 8% dmg in my rotations but I've seen as High as 12% for some results.

Heart Strike is the main hitter. All DS has became is a Death Rune generator for more Heart Strikes instead of the previous OB.
    I really don't care if DS gets added to the set bonus or not because it's such a small part of our overall damage. The addition of HS to the Sigil of Awareness is huge however.
    They DID make DS our heavy hitter over OB, idiot. And they did not add HS to Sigil of Awareness, they added DS.

Our 4th set bonus is realy crap, and our set bonus in next set is awsum, since we don't need our set bonus we can use BiS instead, and in 3.1 we will proly want to have 4 piece set bonus, then mby DKs will give the crap in their bonus, and have higher DPS then warriors since they use BiS, then they will get nerfed, and everything will be fun again.....

Nahh but, I think same as the one that replyed that they leave things open for you to consider, some speccs benefit more from set bonuses then others.

And that's why you want to have diffrent gear for diffrent speccs.

Not all rogues benefit 100% from extra bleed dmg, but they might, and if they do then the set bonus is nice for them.

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

If you look at the set bonuses, they are buffing HS trying to make that the main hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    They DID make DS our heavy hitter over OB, idiot. And they did not add HS to Sigil of Awareness, they added DS.
    No need to become offensive.

The sole reason obliterate and death strike serve is death runes, next to that, heart strike is the primary source of damage.

The reason, however, that death strike was buffed, is because obliterate either requires way too much disease control, without annihilation.

The change just increases the effect of 51/0/20-esque specs, while greatly diminishing the effect of 51/13/7 specs.

Heart Strike x2 will always > Obliterate/Death Strikex1, that's how blood works.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Why not?They changed Sigil of Awareness to accomodate the change,its pretty logical to assume they'll change the T7 set bonus as well.
    he said get the BiS which awareness is also looks like theres gonna be what maybe 3 sigils in all of ulduar most of us are gonna be keeping awarsness for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    he said get the BiS which awareness is also looks like theres gonna be what maybe 3 sigils in all of ulduar most of us are gonna be keeping awarsness for a while
    Yeeeeah,Awareness is not the BiS in Ulduar.Point still stands,if they retroactivelly change Awareness there's no reason to assume they won't retroactively change the t7 set bonuses too.