Thread: Aura Mastery

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Aura Mastery

I have an issue with how this talent will work and it's real use for PvE. I can understand it's tremendous use in PvP, even for ret, but I really don't understand what they were getting at with it for PvE. I'd rather it was a passive ability still but instead of reverting back to its old effect why doesn't it increase the potency of each Aura by a conservative (aka not OP) way?

For instance: Aura Mastery 1 Talent Point
    "Increases the effectiveness of the Paladin's Aura's by 20%. Additionally Aura's no longer effect your Global Cooldown."

To me that is a much more attractive talent, and works well for both Ret and Holy PvP and PvE Pallies. You have to look at it though the right way. For instance, I'm not saying that Imp Ret Aura should theoretically be increased by 20% to 23% Dmg and Speed. Instead rather, think of it as the Baseline abilities of the Auras. So for Ret Aura, it does 20% more damage when you're hit, and if you have Imp Ret Aura its benefit would now be 3.6%.

Or Conc Aura, its benefit would now be 42% rather than 35% (at baseline). 60% with talents. Devo Aura and the Resist Auras benefit the most, as they'd be 20% better and since their benefits are high already they'd improve the most.

One last thing is that this would not effect Crusader Aura (mounted speed increase), as that would just be downright unfair and OP.

Again this is a more attractive talent in my opinion now since not only does it reduce the notion that it could be OP in certain PvP situations, especially concerning Holy Pallies already dominant nature in current Arena, but it also gives a better benefit that is always active as it should be.

Of course constructive criticism is suggested and welcomed, but haters need not reply.

EDIT: Typo

Re: Aura Mastery

i think it should affect crusader aura
    and since it only last 10-15 second *so someone said to me*
    it isnt that OP
    you just have a mount dash every 2min
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by archform
    i think it should affect crusader aura
    and since it only last 10-15 second *so someone said to me*
    it isnt that OP
    you just have a mount dash every 2min
    Did you read the post? Or are you just trying to up your post count?

im making as much sense as you are

stop asking for buffs!
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

First of all, why every fucking skill/talent needs to be passive?

Aura mastery will be holy pvp talent and retri/holy pve talent for fights were boss got silence abilities or some frost/fire/shadow dmg spikes (like Thorim who use ability which decress his dmg by 70% but instead he will hit40k frost attack).

The reason why they implemented aura mastery was purely because paladins are so easily locked out of their spells in PVP and become nothing but a plate punching bag in PVP after using bubble since paladins lack serious CC skills. So they added a 1 point talent to give 10 sec silence immunity as another counter messure.

Yes Paladins are the countermessure class. This is a PVP talent not meant for PVE, looking at the logic to use this for PVE is about the same logic as taking blessed hands for PVE. It's a PVP talent, that holy needs, because they lack CC.

It's good they made the talent like this. It's good for holy PVP and unattractive for PVE and ret and prot, so they don't need to spend points in holy. It all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    The reason why they implemented aura mastery was purely because paladins are so easily locked out of their spells in PVP and become nothing but a plate punching bag in PVP after using bubble since paladins lack serious CC skills. So they added a 1 point talent to give 10 sec silence immunity as another counter messure.

Yes Paladins are the countermessure class. This is a PVP talent not meant for PVE, looking at the logic to use this for PVE is about the same logic as taking blessed hands for PVE. It's a PVP talent, that holy needs, because they lack CC.

It's good they made the talent like this. It's good for holy PVP and unattractive for PVE and ret and prot, so they don't need to spend points in holy. It all makes sense.
    I would rather go 11/5/X instead of deeper prot, since you get only sorter stun which in PvE case is just useless or you get little bit more armor.
    With Aura mastery you can help healers in fight like Freya or your tank in Thorim.

Deleted

Aura Mastery is purely a PVP talent. It has close to no value in resistance fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    First of all, why every fucking skill/talent needs to be passive?

Aura mastery will be holy pvp talent and retri/holy pve talent for fights were boss got silence abilities or some frost/fire/shadow dmg spikes (like Thorim who use ability which decress his dmg by 70% but instead he will hit40k frost attack).

well a littlefix on that is that he will indead decrease his physical damage by 70% but he will also increase his frost damage by 40k..so i'm guessing your gonna have to have a frost tank, kind of like you needed fire tanks for illidan...and that tank will have to taunt thorim off the main tank...thats how i'm seeing it anyways...but i guess you could just switch auras if you didn't have enough pallies in the raid anyways

Not EVERY talent has to be excellent for both PVP and PvE.

Talents that suck in PvE (currently at the very least):
    Vindication
    Stoicism
    Eye for an Eye
    3.1 Aura Mastery
    Pure of Heart
    Sacred Cleansing
    Blessed Hands
    Unyielding Faith
    Guardian's Favor

Solution? Don't take those talents.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Incoming AoE Fire spell

FR Aura
    /cast Aura Mastery

260 Fire resist for all.

It has it's uses. It's not meant to be game-breaking and a fix-all easy button for every raid encounter. It's a 10 second proc every 2 minutes. Situational applications ftw.

aura mastery sounds nice but like they said not ground breaking. when i intially heard this the first thing that popped into my mind was concentration aura i have a natural 70% no push back cause of spiritual focus then concentration aura gives 35% so 105% now imagine making that 70%+70%=140%. so like i was going to say if we have 140% push back resist shouldnt we either.
    A: make that a haste rating since we don't really need a lot of it anyway
    B: cast faster when we get hit
    C: completely throw out concentration aura and make it a mana regen aura since mana totems are apprently going over BoW

EDIT: forgot improved concentration aura so 35%+15%=50%*2=100%+70%=170% anti push back kinda brings into perspective of why i dont need spiritual focus...
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

I think your idea is ok, but the new talent is basically an extra button to push in pvp. Holy paladins have been crying that the old aura mastery effect should be baseline and that they wanted a clicky ability there for a while now, when kings was removed as the 11 pt prot talent you had tankadins crying about a lack of an 11 pt clicky ability, then after some blue comment about maybe giving prot an 11 pointer that would appeal to ret you had a TON of ret paladins screaming 'where's OUR 11 pt prot talent?'. So behold 'Divine Sacrifice' and a redesigned 'Aura Mastery' as 2 clicky 11 pt talents to shut ppl up.

i still dont like the idea of clickly click your way over someone...

now for the pvp aspect lets show some pity to the rogue i mean how fast does the rogue attack in 15 seconds? like 30 hits? my ret aura does 216 damage and i am holy so if i clickly clik my aura mastery i do 532 a pop on the poor bastard.

now lets multipy 532x10=5320 or by 20 now=10640 now 30= 15960 are dual wield people really suppost to stop attacking for 15 seconds while they get pummeled by an aura and the healer gets targeted by everything under the sun... including the sun? i believe pallys need some buffs they need pve buffs but come on now i also believe in balance and to the poor rogue or other dual wielders about 13000-16000 damage in 15 seconds they barely even have that much health if not to add to the pummeling the ret pally will give them cause he simply can....
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

This just in. Surprisingly PvP talents are good for PvP. And not so good for PvE.

Shocking, I know.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    This just in. Surprisingly PvP talents are good for PvP. And not so good for PvE.

Shocking, I know.
    just pointing it out so people know why they are gonna cry nerf nerf nerf for the love of god nerf by patch 3.1.1