Holy Paladin Mana

How do holy paladins maintain mana at lower gear levels (pre-naxx) with Divine Plea no longer viable to use mid-fight?

Re: Holy Paladin Mana

Just try and time Divine Plea correctly or use Divine Illumination with Divine Plea; worked for me.

Increasing int and spellcrit so that you won't have to use it midfight, and in emergency pop wings+plea?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kzasch
    Increasing int and spellcrit so that you won't have to use it midfight, and in emergency pop wings+plea?
    You know, they can't increase those stats without getting some gear..so they first have to survive with whatever they have. That's the issue.

I never had problems maintaining mana at any gear level. I've been playing only with intelligent groups whoever. That might have helped me a lot.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Heretushi
    I never had problems maintaining mana at any gear level. I've been playing only with intelligent groups whoever. That might have helped me a lot.
    But did you ding 80 before or after the Divine Plea nerf? It does reduce healing by 50% now when it's in use, and people who are still gearing and/or leveling up will have trouble finding place to use it. With not-so-good gear it'll just hit healing way too hard to be useable mid-fight.

its quite easy,

First of all something i find very usefull is the following macro

#showtooltip divine plea
    /cancelaura Divine Plea
    /cast Divine plea

Simply hitting it once casts the buff hitting it for a second time (without triggering a gcd) removes it,
    So that means you can get rid of the healing "debuff" whenever you want without affecting your ability to heal to your maximum when u want to,
    Also combining Avenging wrath with plea is a good thing,

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime1090
    How do holy paladins maintain mana at lower gear levels (pre-naxx) with Divine Plea no longer viable to use mid-fight?
    It's still viable to use mid-fight. Just pick and choose when you use it wisely. If anything, use DP in conjunction with AW to take some of the edge off. If a wipe still occurs, chances are it was going to happen anyway, regardless of whether or not you used Divine Plea.

divine plea is there for a reason it's to use when you get into trouble not when you wait for the time. if your willing to pop your hands(of lay down hand of sacrifice and divine shield to reduce damage taken and healing required.) just pop your 3 divines and pray you crit sacred shield soaks up the damage and when you have 91% chance to crit flash with it on... and are willing to use your holy shock to give that burst healing you lose from holy light well just do that math.

but for lower levels you really should just be flash spamming on most of the bosses shouldn't you? if not just use your hand of sacrifce divine shield and lay on hands get the glyph to restore your mana and your good to go.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Everything before naxx10 can for most parts be healed with, Sacred shield and flash of light, and clever use of beacon of light. So mana is not really a huge issue until you start to rely more on Holy Light. However if shit pulls happen, mana can run out, but pots still exist to be used, and Divine Plea + Wings is a viable way to gain mana. Also placing beacon before the fights start, and drinking saves you 1200 mana that can make a difference.