Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Deadly Gladiator's Frostwyrm, Blue Posts, Comics

Such a shame that THE best looking mount is being given to the top 0.5% face rolling no talent scrubs.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

15+ Year Old Account

I think once you get into the 2000+ ratings skill does come into play but i'm sure there's plenty of DK's who go into a fight target pretty muc anyone and that person will die.

And i'm not even saying DK's are way OP..what they are is way ahead of the class curve. blizz should consider giving all classes a serious look over.

thats fucking dirty. They put a warrior on the mount in the video even though warriors will never ever ever get to ride one of those. Not even in our dreams

http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...+the+best+mage

Your right.

Doesn't look like any druid's or warrior's will be getting this mount. Hell no way a druid or warrior could get deadly gladiator...

We try very hard not to define "slightly." I probably got cornered by a bunch of angry posters in a dark alley one evening and blurted out "5%!" Or maybe someone in the forums suggested 5% and it stuck.
    I think it is hard to sipmly say: Ok pures get in case off same luck, same skill, gear etc 5% in DPS before the hybrids.

Recognize e.g. the Situation of a rogue. He has no abilities to support except TotT, which is needful in todays raidcontent. I think the Raidsupport of the Hybrid or the Buffing class should go whitin the DPS. Sounds hard, but whats e.g. with the Blessing of might from the Ret. - All melees do a lot more DPS from it, its wotk of the Ret ; Its his DPS !! The Ret would gain a big boost in DPS if you recognize that the Blessings is HIS ! When hes 5% under the Rogue.....i'll take the Ret.

RWeber

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

4) Patch is a short fight. This is probably the most important factor. If you have a cooldown you can blow once every three minutes, then that cooldown counts for a lot more on a three minute fight than a five minute fight. If your cooldown lasts for 20 sec, that counts for more the shorter the fight it.
    What? So let's say I have 3 min CD on a skill that lasts 20 sec. In a 3 min fight the uptime of that skill is 20/180 = 11%. In a 5 min fight the uptime would be 40/300 = 13%. How exactly is it counting for a lot more in a 3 min fight with 11% uptime than in a 5 min fight with 13% uptime? With elementary mistakes like this when considering the "most important factor" of a fight it's no wonder they couldn't balance their way out of a paper bag.

If that goes live for season 5, which I guess it will since no blue will respond to any concerns about that reward....

I am highly congratulating any non pally, non DK class I see on one.

Pallies and DK's get spit on.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Skill bonuses different in PvP and PvE
    We can make that distinction now. The problem, in our minds, is that at some point you're just playing two different games instead of one. WoW is already enormously complicated with all of the spells, talents, tradeskills, racials and gear you have to keep track of. We have some mechanics that work differently in PvP (typically when we can't come up with a better solution) but we view that a last resort.

Just imagine all the tooltips. PVE: This ability blah blah. PVP: This ability blah blah. Then you'd have to have a lot of talents affect things differently. Grants a 10% bonus in PvP or a 25% bonus in PvE.
    Come on... "WoW is enormously complicated" and they say it would be too much work to change tooltips?

I suggest blizzard looks at Guild Wars, the true PvP MMO. Number of skills is completely incomparable to WoW (read: there are several times more skills) and still they had no problem balancing them in PvP and change tooltips appropriately (in more languages than WoW has/will ever have).

Blizzard is just lazy. I'm more and more glad I already cancelled my account.

altruistic

Quote Originally Posted by sadlol
    http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...+the+best+mage

Your right.

Doesn't look like any druid's or warrior's will be getting this mount. Hell no way a druid or warrior could get deadly gladiator...
    Hafu and a warrior (probably the same warrior in this 3v3) would win 2v3 matches at decent ratings last season.

There's always a handful of people that can excel regardless of balance. Take for example the fact that there's 1 Priests in the top 100 right now (28 Paladins 22 DK's). Does that man the Priest class is fine because 1 person was able to do it? Or does it mean that people playing certain classes have travel an uphill road with much more skill to accomplish the same goals.

On the other hand the sky is the limit and the roads are straightaways with a moderately skilled DK Paladin team. Get get some gear, don't suck, collect mount.

Woot, new sig.

Now every argument I see when somebody says "Blizz doesn't want pures to do more dps than hybrids" I can just point to my sig. The Rogue forums are filled with it.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by KillerLoop
    OK, stop there... :-\

Read it again... ???

/facepalm

I can't belive Blizz can post those kind of statments when in live game pure DPS classes are steamrolled by hybrids.

Shadow priest in my guild doing 5-6.5k DPS??!?! Best geared and skilled rogue ("pure DPS class" as Blizz says) can't get those numbers...
    You shouldn't mix internal testing with live gaming. This is the most common error ever. Keep reading the post.

Plus that penny is definitely broken.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerLoop
    In current PTR everyone gets buffs but pure DPS classes. As i can see, mages are getting nerfed and from my perspective as a rogue, there are no any great buffs. And you can't tell me rogues doesn't need buffs in PvE...

What I'm trying to say that currently (and as i can see also after this patch) some pure DPS classes can't even theoreticly catch up hybrids that are topping meters.
    Actually I can, and if your hybrids are topping meters on live then your pures suck.

shut up and play the game
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    shut up and play the game
    Nice reply from a member with such a counter.
    This tells much about mmo champ community.

Btw, ye, even in my guild hybrids are topping recount. boomkin, elemental and spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by baal80
    I'm more and more glad I already cancelled my account.
    We all are too. Next step: stop reading and posting on forums for a game that you aren't interested in.

"ZOMG that rogue is 7% above the paladin." ...i would really like to see that case with similar geared pala and rogue..

Our goal is to give every class reasonable raid buffs and utility. None of them should be so good that you earn a spot just because of that utility.
    Heroism/Bloodlust, nuff said.

Damn, damn shame that frostwyrm isn't a drop from the icecrown citadel raid..
    Now it's just another one of those things rewarding the arena exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Damn, damn shame that frostwyrm isn't a drop from the icecrown citadel raid..
    Now it's just another one of those things rewarding the arena exploiters.
    Just bcos it is PvP reward it doesn't mean that it will not be PvE reward to. Remember Netherdrake.
    And just so u know that only most skilled players can get that mount. I know what are u gonna say. "Roll holy pala or DK and get the mount". Well, even if u play one of those, u still have great chances not to get it. So don't talk about something u know nothing about!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Have they even considered that MOST PVE problems will be solved if they do different bonuses for pve/pvp for one spell?
    And we have to stay with our nerfed PVE beacause of PVP?
    Solution:
    Use <SHIFT> or <ALT> modifier to see the bonuses of the spell for the zone that you are not into. When you enter Arena, you will have to use let's say <SHIFT> to see PVE version of the spell, and when in dungeon/raid/heroics/world you will see the PVE version of the spell. Or just make it so that you will see PVP version of the spell only when you press the key modifier.
    I don't mind having a totaly different effect/bonus or whatever of the spell. But at least, Blizzard should start making a difference in numbers between PVP and PVE. Just imagine that Infusion of Light might be saved having in PVP 0.5 or 0.25 seconds faster casting and in PVE 1 second faster casting. So yeah, would be superb if Blizzard finaly give up on some ideas about "how bizare is to have an overloaded tooltip" when there are plenty solutions to avoid the overloading of the tooltip. If I had an option I would make tooltips appear only when I press a modifier. Would really love to see this in the future.