Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deadly Gladiator's Frostwyrm, Blue Posts, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    We all are too. Next step: stop reading and posting on forums for a game that you aren't interested in.
    Guess I can't even have my own opinion anymore? Cool.

PS. I'm reading forums just to see how greed can kill a good game.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't see what the big deal is. If a person wants to DPS, they will.. no matter what there class is. the only differenceis the more responsible hybrids will change there spec when their guild is full on dps.

All I can see is people using that quote to further ask for an unbalanced game. GC shouldn't have mentioned the 5% thing at all cause people are still gonna associate class balance with that even though he said not too.

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul
    Have they even considered that MOST PVE problems will be solved if they do different bonuses for pve/pvp for one spell?
    And we have to stay with our nerfed PVE beacause of PVP?
    Solution:
    Use <SHIFT> or <ALT> modifier to see the bonuses of the spell for the zone that you are not into. When you enter Arena, you will have to use let's say <SHIFT> to see PVE version of the spell, and when in dungeon/raid/heroics/world you will see the PVE version of the spell. Or just make it so that you will see PVP version of the spell only when you press the key modifier.
    I don't mind having a totaly different effect/bonus or whatever of the spell. But at least, Blizzard should start making a difference in numbers between PVP and PVE. Just imagine that Infusion of Light might be saved having in PVP 0.5 or 0.25 seconds faster casting and in PVE 1 second faster casting. So yeah, would be superb if Blizzard finaly give up on some ideas about "how bizare is to have an overloaded tooltip" when there are plenty solutions to avoid the overloading of the tooltip. If I had an option I would make tooltips appear only when I press a modifier. Would really love to see this in the future.
    /suport

ps: biggest problem about blizzard is they dont care, they have out of date tooltips, wrong tooltips and tooltips and buffs that dosent show the correct info if it is modified by a talent for stance.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKiller
    "Roll holy pala or DK and get the mount". Well, even if u play one of those, u still have great chances not to get it.
    And if you have any other class, you have a considerably "lower" chance to get it.
    Simply due to synergy.

Not just that, to get anywhere up high, you need to exploit the ranking system by purposefully losing / winning / wintrading. It's just silly.

No offence but that video is lame.
    Cant you move a bit fly up and down, forward backward...
    Just staying in one place aint showing much.

where is teh gladiators?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    And if you have any other class, you have a considerably "lower" chance to get it.
    Simply due to synergy.

Not just that, to get anywhere up high, you need to exploit the ranking system by purposefully losing / winning / wintrading. It's just silly.
    That was actually very true up 'till the point where you said you NEED to wintrade to get high ratings. Hiihihihihihoohohohiheehehehe. Man that was a funny one.

Quote Originally Posted by RWeber
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

4) Patch is a short fight. This is probably the most important factor. If you have a cooldown you can blow once every three minutes, then that cooldown counts for a lot more on a three minute fight than a five minute fight. If your cooldown lasts for 20 sec, that counts for more the shorter the fight it.
    What? So let's say I have 3 min CD on a skill that lasts 20 sec. In a 3 min fight the uptime of that skill is 20/180 = 11%. In a 5 min fight the uptime would be 40/300 = 13%. How exactly is it counting for a lot more in a 3 min fight with 11% uptime than in a 5 min fight with 13% uptime? With elementary mistakes like this when considering the "most important factor" of a fight it's no wonder they couldn't balance their way out of a paper bag.
    The comparison was against a 20sec cooldown which would get 15 refreshes to the 1 for 3min. They are balanced on ~9 refreshes to 1, so in that case the 20sec CD gets far more value. If the fight went 6:20 they would have similar benefit again.

Quote Originally Posted by baal80
    Come on... "WoW is enormously complicated" and they say it would be too much work to change tooltips?

I suggest blizzard looks at Guild Wars, the true PvP MMO. Number of skills is completely incomparable to WoW (read: there are several times more skills) and still they had no problem balancing them in PvP and change tooltips appropriately (in more languages than WoW has/will ever have).

Blizzard is just lazy. I'm more and more glad I already cancelled my account.
    Wow! Yet you keep posting here. Glad to see you could let it go...

ZOMG Guys! Sweet looking mount. Why is Blizzard allowing such an unfairness that is arena to still exist? It's unbalanced. IMHO if they want to be fair just turn arena into a FPS get rid of this crap! Data doesn't lie so it's not necessary for me to QQ about DK and Paladins. Read the Data and you'll see it's obvious DKs and Pallies have a HUGE advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerLoop
    Ok... Prove me that "pure DPS" rogue can put out 6.5k DPS and I'll STFU myself.
    I've never seen any class doing 6.5K dps on normal fights "means fights that doesn't give you +90% dmg or +100% crit"

Patchwerk death

Shadowbass, rogue, 5236 DPS
    http://wowwebstats.com/hp3lspog266xu?s=329280-372664

so, good rogues still kick asses, can you STFU?
    I doubt any guild would turn a good rogue down because you can only dish 5.2K DPS

Deleted

Every healing class (bar druids due to DK's HoT removal and overpoweredness in general, which isn't even worth talking about anymore, pretty sure anyone that plays arena would agree, fully) should be about as good as paladins, I keep meeting shamans at considerably high ratings with various comps, same goes for priests, which brings us back to the old L2P issue. Paladins are just easier to be "okay" on, =/= Gladiator-good. Also, they play with DKs 90% of the time since people seem to have the fact that priests and shamans (even druids in some cases) can work with DK's just as good. That would be for 2v2, in 3v3 let's not talk about druid or shaman + lock + hunter, please, and when it comes down to 5v5, pretty much every team bar the old JAC setup and Eurocomp didn't have a paladin in the previous seasons, so let's not go there.
    Ontopic - good thing they made a really good looking Gladiator mount, exclusive model and all, much better than the boring drakes. Will surely be happy riding mine by season-end!

I never understood the whole hybrid vs pure class argument. If a hybrid class is able to do as much dps as a pure dps class then that shouldnt be a problem. What makes hybrid classes better then most pure classes is the fact that, in WoW, hybrid classes sacrifice next to nothing in order to get to the level of a pure dps class. And that in my opinion is the problem, and in my opinion is what causes most imbalance issues.

If hybrid classes want to do as much dps as a pure dps class they have to sacrifice something important in order to do so. If a paladin wants top dps, he should have crappy heals (longer cast time or reduced heals), a crappy bubble (longer cooldown, reduced duration, absorbs less damage, etc), and lower armor. But that isnt the case, their heals, bubble, and armor stay the same; they dont get better but they dont get worse either. If a ret specced paladin sacrificed his bubble (not able to even use it anymore) and a small portion of his armor, then by all means be able to do the dps a rogue can do. If not then keep your ass at in the 7-10 dps rank in a 25 man raid.

This is waaay more evident in hybrid plate classes then other hybrid classes. There are certain things a pure dps classes sacrifices from the get go to get the dps they have. The most fundamental thing they sacrifice is the ability to take a hit. That is one thing that hybrid plate classes at the very least should sacrifice in order to do dps: their ability to mitigate damage, sacrificing their ability to block/dodge/parry and/or a bit of their armor is not enough. If you want to dps like a rogue, warlock or a mage, you damn well better be just as squishy. But this isnt the case, plate classes sacrifice no where near the amount pure dps classes sacrifice.

Other cases the balance is there. Priests get a huge nerf to their healing ability if specced shadow, they get a nerf to their AoE healing ability if specced Disc. Druids get a huge nerf to their melee dps if they spec boomkin, and vice versa.

If a hybrid class sacrifices nothing important to get the dps a pure dps class has then that is overpowered.

People stop complaining.

I see something like "Frostwyrm Ledge" coming with 3.3, where you can grind reputation - then you can buy your Frostwyrm mount for 200g there. Nothing is unique in this game, except phoenix and mimiron mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrnon
    I never understood the whole hybrid vs pure class argument. If a hybrid class is able to do as much dps as a pure dps class then that shouldnt be a problem. What makes hybrid classes better then most pure classes is the fact that, in WoW, hybrid classes sacrifice next to nothing in order to get to the level of a pure dps class. And that in my opinion is the problem, and in my opinion is what causes most imbalance issues.

If hybrid classes want to do as much dps as a pure dps class they have to sacrifice something important in order to do so. If a paladin wants top dps, he should have crappy heals (longer cast time or reduced heals), a crappy bubble (longer cooldown, reduced duration, absorbs less damage, etc), and lower armor. But that isnt the case, their heals, bubble, and armor stay the same; they dont get better but they dont get worse either. If a ret specced paladin sacrificed his bubble (not able to even use it anymore) and a small portion of his armor, then by all means be able to do the dps a rogue can do. If not then keep your ass at in the 7-10 dps rank in a 25 man raid.

This is waaay more evident in hybrid plate classes then other hybrid classes. There are certain things a pure dps classes sacrifices from the get go to get the dps they have. The most fundamental thing they sacrifice is the ability to take a hit. That is one thing that hybrid plate classes at the very least should sacrifice in order to do dps: their ability to mitigate damage, sacrificing their ability to block/dodge/parry and/or a bit of their armor is not enough. If you want to dps like a rogue, warlock or a mage, you damn well better be just as squishy. But this isnt the case, plate classes sacrifice no where near the amount pure dps classes sacrifice.

Other cases the balance is there. Priests get a huge nerf to their healing ability if specced shadow, they get a nerf to their AoE healing ability if specced Disc. Druids get a huge nerf to their melee dps if they spec boomkin, and vice versa.

If a hybrid class sacrifices nothing important to get the dps a pure dps class has then that is overpowered.
    Do you wanna tank heal and dps with one toon pick up paly or druid
    You wanna dps and heal pick priest or shaman.
    You wanna dps with pet. Pick up hunter or warlock.
    You like dps like warrior do..pick him up, or maybe you prefer mage style so pick up one.

You choosing your character because he can heal tank and dps, or you pich it up becasue you like to play it ? If your character can dps only it means it is less fun?. I like my warlock because i like how he dps. He cant heal, who cares. I got shaman if i want to heal. Oh i like my shadow priest it is so fun to play and he can heal to.

Do i have to be sorry for you that you cant heal and i can. Or do i have to be shame that my toon can dps and have nice pet. This is your choose who you pick up.
    If toon can dps he should dps same as others. If he heal should heal as others. If he can tank he should tank as good as others. You like how its work???? Play it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrnon
    If a ret specced paladin sacrificed his bubble (not able to even use it anymore) and a small portion of his armor, then by all means be able to do the dps a rogue can do. .
    If a mage sacrified his Iceblock...
    If a rogue sacrificed his Vanish...
    If a hunter sacrificed his Feign Death...

15+ Year Old Account

On the whole hybrid thing I find it funny they only adress dps - and not healing as well.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Why would they need to address healing for hybrids? There is no "pure" healing class, as all the classes that can heal can also DPS (And, in the case of Paladins/Druids, they can tank). It doesn't matter if a pure healing class can outheal a hybrid healing class or not, because there aren't any pure healing classes.

Anyway, on to the Frostwyrm. I'm a little surprised that they used it already. I figured that the Frostwyrm mount would drop off of either Sindragosa or Arthas in 25man Icecrown, and that the Deadly Gladiator's mount would either be a Black Drake (maybe armoured like the Azure Drake from Malygos) or some kind of Proto-Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Deadly Gladiator's Frostwyrm Video
    Skill bonuses different in PvP and PvE
    We can make that distinction now. The problem, in our minds, is that at some point you're just playing two different games instead of one. WoW is already enormously complicated with all of the spells, talents, tradeskills, racials and gear you have to keep track of. We have some mechanics that work differently in PvP (typically when we can't come up with a better solution) but we view that a last resort.

Just imagine all the tooltips. PVE: This ability blah blah. PVP: This ability blah blah. Then you'd have to have a lot of talents affect things differently. Grants a 10% bonus in PvP or a 25% bonus in PvE. (Source)

They already did it with cc, that is the only way to balance the game.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Skill bonuses different in PvP and PvE
    We can make that distinction now. The problem, in our minds, is that at some point you're just playing two different games instead of one. WoW is already enormously complicated with all of the spells, talents, tradeskills, racials and gear you have to keep track of. We have some mechanics that work differently in PvP (typically when we can't come up with a better solution) but we view that a last resort.
    Taken from someone on wow forums, but it sums up my feelings perfectly:

Pros:
    Better PvE balance
    Better PvP balance
    More leeway for unique skills
    Fewer class breaking changes

Cons:
    Longer tooltips

Hmmmmm...