Thread: Question

Question

I have heard and read that as a feral druid in cat I need strength over agility till i hit 10k ap? That i can understand and with the new bear tanking mechanic with crits giving us a shield a portion of our ap whats better for a bear tank (986 agility unbuffed currently) when i upgrade should i go for agility for the dodge and crit chance or go for more str for a higher ap (for my shield)?
    Thanks in advance i would get on the ptr and check myself but forsome reason I cant seemt o get my toon transfered over to the ptr this time.

Re: Question

First of all, as of 3.1, you'll likely be wanting agility over strength. SR is going to flat damage and Gore is too sexy to pass up.

As for a bear, I would still go for agility. Savage Defense is meh imo, and focusing on buffing that is less valuable than Agility would provide (crit, dodge, armor).

Thank you, thats what i was thinking but good to have someone esle thinking the same way :P

I am sticking with st right now because i tested how my stats would look on http://chardev.org if i changed all my gems to agi and all i saw is i got a bit more crit but lost a ton more ap for doing it so i don't think its worth getting agi over st right now.

in 3.1, agility once again becomes the preferred stat for both bears and cats, for the reasons lionhearte mentioned.

I disagree with his review of SD, but he is right that even though agility doesn't give AP in bear form, it's by far the best tanking stat.

Savage defense is not meh - it's borderline OP on the PTR atm - it mroe than compensates for the armor and stam losses.

However with all the changes - as long as you're in naxx 25 level gear and higher - it seems that agi will be at minimum on par with str. for dps and a healthy mix of stam and agi will be nice for tanking.
    (for tanking: agi in red slots, agi stam in blue since shifting opals are being added, and in yellow I'd say agi/hit or expertise or even stam/defense if you want the bonus depending on your other stats)

for dps - agi in red, likely agi stam in blue depending on socket bonus and agi/hit,crit or expertise in yellow

thanks again for all the responses.
    (as i am only in naxx 10 gear small guild) I likely wont see the 25 man gear anytime soon.