Thread: Professions

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Professions

Hello there druids :>

I dinged 80 two days ago and im really confused about professions. I dont really know witch prof is the best for me as a druid but one thing i know is that i dont want Mining or Engineering (Got that on my main) and not Enchanting becuase my friend handle the enchants.

I have no idea what to pick, i want something that improves me. Im gonna focus on PvE, I would like to have a prof that i could make some money with aswell.

Whats your proposal for me? :-*

Edit: Gonna be balance/resto now when dual spec comes.

Re: Professions

Herb/Alch ftw

Everyone needs pots
    Alchemist stone will help you save money
    Free heal
    Herbs sell fairly well

leatherworking/skinning you get a nice 90stam enchant from lw, to create ap or stam enchants for legs is much easier as you only require 1 mat, and if you have money to spend go lw/jc and get the gems/trinkets aswell .. quite a nice combo.

Better question. Is what are you going to be doing PvE wise??? Tank/Heal/Kitty/Boom, and raiding or just as a farming/fun character. That will mean alot towards which prof's are best.

JC is the biggest money make these days along with mining, it also has the best gems+quite a good trinket. It out weigh's the spell power unique emboss you get from lw imo.

As Balance/Resto. I would go with JC the trinkets/gems are ridiculous and the money to be made is really nice these days. As the second prof, you can go with LW, the gear you can make(mind you is I believe always BoE but still) is pretty nice and the leg armors are really nice too. But as JC/LW I would hope you have deep pockets or another toon that can Mine/Skin. So if you go with either JC/LW, I would say JC over LW and the second prof can be ither mining to help(Although i think you said your main was a miner so that is fine) or a skinner for the Gold/Crit buff. And you can always just take skinning for awhile, stockpile the skins you will need to lvl LW and just switch later.

If you want to go moonkin JC is very nice.
    People only count the change in SP from normal gems to JC-only gems but there´s more to it.
    You must have 2 blue gems for meta = terrible.
    JC-only gems come in handy there.
    Also the benefit of geting socketbonuses since they are prismatic gems and go into any socket for bonuses. It may not seem like alot but everything adds up.

Inscription is also very nice, especsially if you don´t want to do Sons of Hodir again (doess anyone)

My balancedruid is a tailorer but that´s simply because of the spellfireset in BC and I can´t bother changeing it.

My money would be on BS/JC though with Inscription as the prime contender, most professions have some things going for it but in my world BS and JC are clearly the two best professions atm and Tailoring and especsially Engineering being the worst.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the fast and informative answers

Blacksmithing and JC is sapose to be the best sins u get the exstra sockets and Gems, i have Enchanting and Alch myself 8)

JC is really one of the best choices for profession for 2 reasons.

1. Its bonuses are calculated compared to epic quality gems, which are not in the game yet.
    2. You can choose any bonus. Leatherworking gives AP OR Stam OR Spellpower, with JC you can stack hit, expertise, crit, spellpower, haste, whatever stat you want you can buff it.

Personally, I would love to be LW/JC. However, I'm too lazy to change from skinning to JC, and with bleeds critting in 3.1 (I'm feral dps primarily), the skinning bonus is good enough for me. Just wish arctic fur had a higher drop rate ><.

Quote Originally Posted by mielikinna
    JC is really one of the best choices for profession for 2 reasons.

1. Its bonuses are calculated compared to epic quality gems, which are not in the game yet.
    2. You can choose any bonus. Leatherworking gives AP OR Stam OR Spellpower, with JC you can stack hit, expertise, crit, spellpower, haste, whatever stat you want you can buff it.
    3. It allow you to gain the benefits of socket bonuses whilst still using pure gems.

IMO this is the main benefit of JC over any other prof - the extra bonus of being able to use pure gems to gain socket bonuses gives you quite a few extra stats that either you wouldn't get or you'd have to use a hybrid gem for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!