Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Forget the target dummies.

    Anyone thinking about our DPS in 3.1? I see all this talk about how warlocks, feral druids, and rogues are topping charts in various Ulduar fights (which is what matters, not target dummies). Even mages, pure DPS classes which we currently can't beat in an equal gear/skill situation unless they're bad, are QQing about how they are being out-DPSd by 3 other classes, Spriests NOT being one of them. Does this effectively bring us back down to the charts?

    Let's say that if Mages are around top 3-5 below ferals, rogues, hunters and warlocks, I won't be surprised to see Spriests around #7-10.

    I'm not trying to suggest anything here, just looking for thoughts/opinions on current Ulduar testing numbers.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  2. #2

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Source of your "seeings"? WWS?

  3. #3

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexione
    we currently can't beat in an equal gear/skill situation unless they're bad

    Lolwut.

  4. #4

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    In an equally skilled guild, shadow priests currently are pretty much bottom anyway. Not like anything is changing.
    http://wowwebstats.com/gx4mdnswloh3a?s=339894-365954

  5. #5

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    In an equally skilled guild, shadow priests currently are pretty much bottom anyway. Not like anything is changing.
    http://wowwebstats.com/gx4mdnswloh3a?s=339894-365954
    Those shadow priests are TERRIBLE.
    I do more dps on a 3minute kill with less gear and oceanic ping, lolbads

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  6. #6

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Those shadow priests are TERRIBLE.
    I do more dps on a 3minute kill with less gear and oceanic ping, lolbads
    Because i'm sure you use 2 tanks and 2 healer for a 3 minute kill. Please just stop. You're a joke of a player.

  7. #7

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Those shadow priests are TERRIBLE.
    I do more dps on a 3minute kill with less gear and oceanic ping, lolbads
    Yeah, equal gear, i do not get out damaged by a mage or lock.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  8. #8

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    I probably could have picked a better parse, but thats pretty much how the ranking for most top 30ish patchwerk parses go.

  9. #9

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    I probably could have picked a better parse, but thats pretty much how the ranking for most top 30ish patchwerk parses go.
    All the fights at that wws are extremely short and bursty classes will prevail. If the fights spanned to 10 minutes, the things would be different. However, Naxx isn't what SWP was and you take the player and not the class. Yes, shadow priest has the worst dps in theory but progress encounters aren't as fast as farm ones so burst / pure will always top the meter on farm encounters. However, the difference isn't huge as it used to be at TBC where pures did 3x priests' damage.

    Strykzor, please do us all a favor and click the shiny Logout link found at the top of the page.

  10. #10

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    I probably could have picked a better parse, but thats pretty much how the ranking for most top 30ish patchwerk parses go.

    Noone cares about 1,50s Patch kills... dont u get it... anyway im sure i can do 5,5-6k in that time.. but we never did patch with only 2 healer/Tanks what ever.. for immortal... killtime 2,50 // 5,1kdps

  11. #11

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    As someone who has done a bit of PTRing Rogues are doing a lot of dmg, as they should be since that is ALL they can, it will be interesting to see if they do any more balancing before it goes live as right now some classes are a bit OP.

  12. #12

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Those shadow priests are TERRIBLE.
    I do more dps on a 3minute kill with less gear and oceanic ping, lolbads
    I've love to see your WWS, because mosts spriests are capping out at 5K dps for patch... and tbh I don't believe you're doing 6K which you seem to be hinting at.

  13. #13

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dlucks
    Because i'm sure you use 2 tanks and 2 healer for a 3 minute kill. Please just stop. You're a joke of a player.
    Um? Less tanks and healers = More Dps = Faster Kill time = Longer Blust/Hero Uptime

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I've love to see your WWS, because mosts spriests are capping out at 5K dps for patch... and tbh I don't believe you're doing 6K which you seem to be hinting at.
    "Most Spriests cap out at 5k" -> "Most Spriests are bad"

    Because it means so much to you.
    http://wowwebstats.com/4ie2gt6svc1r1?s=245960-277967&m

    2 Weeks ago, before i had my Illusion of the Dragon Soul, Gothiks Cowl, Dying Curse and Mantle of Dissemination.
    Give me a 1"50 Kill, Hood of Rationality and Accursed Spine and would get 5.8k +

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  14. #14

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Because it means so much to you.
    http://wowwebstats.com/4ie2gt6svc1r1?s=245960-277967&m

    2 Weeks ago, before i had my Illusion of the Dragon Soul, Gothiks Cowl, Dying Curse and Mantle of Dissemination.
    Give me a 1"50 Kill, Hood of Rationality and Accursed Spine and would get 5.8k +
    No the point is, if another class <namley every single class atm> had that many best in slot gear choices on a 2 minute kill. You would get smoked, plain and simple. You dont get close.

    5.1 - 5.3 - hell even 5.8 you still ranking 10th to last. Also on that short of a fight, miss a single gcd, lag, miss click, gg game over you loose xxx dps.

    We need some work, that is for sure. Are they done yet, One can only hope not.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  15. #15

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Um? Less tanks and healers = More Dps = Faster Kill time = Longer Blust/Hero Uptime
    "Most Spriests cap out at 5k" -> "Most Spriests are bad"

    Because it means so much to you.
    http://wowwebstats.com/4ie2gt6svc1r1?s=245960-277967&m

    2 Weeks ago, before i had my Illusion of the Dragon Soul, Gothiks Cowl, Dying Curse and Mantle of Dissemination.
    Give me a 1"50 Kill, Hood of Rationality and Accursed Spine and would get 5.8k +
    First, this wws shows a fluke of MB crits, as of 50% MB crits is LUCKY. So normally your MB dps should go down.

    Second, you did already have Dying curse according to that parse, as you got the proc, 3 times during that kill. Even with some 1-200 spelldmg, your damage wouldn't improve that much, maybe 3-400 DPS tops, depending on #1, the lucky crits.

    Third, your DPS still will not come close to 6k, and if the fight would have been 1.5, your friends DPS would actually also be higher, and some of them that actually lose to you now, would beat you easy, since their CDs will be up a large part of the fight.

    Forth, looking at general boss DPS, you are almost last, sitting at spot #9.

    Our DPS is today around 5-5500, depending on a bit of fluke with crits. While many other classes are in the range of 5500-6000, and some classes are even beyond that, at around 6000-6500.



  16. #16

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Um? Less tanks and healers = More Dps = Faster Kill time = Longer Blust/Hero Uptime
    "Most Spriests cap out at 5k" -> "Most Spriests are bad"

    Because it means so much to you.
    http://wowwebstats.com/4ie2gt6svc1r1?s=245960-277967&m

    2 Weeks ago, before i had my Illusion of the Dragon Soul, Gothiks Cowl, Dying Curse and Mantle of Dissemination.
    Give me a 1"50 Kill, Hood of Rationality and Accursed Spine and would get 5.8k +
    Here is what your WWS tells me.

    1. You have a really poor MB usage, in this data you used MB once every 8.75 seconds, ignoring haste MB can be cast once every 7 seconds (if properly talented) Of course MB CD's can conflict with dot refreshes so most spriests aim to be casting MB every 7.5 to 8 seconds.

    2. Your SWP up time is almost perfect... it's too perfect, you got 57 ticks of a possible 58... either you got to 5 shadow weaving stacks on critters just before the pull or you cast SW:P before reaching max stacks and then recast it again with max stacks but managed not to clip any ticks. Recasting SW:P is generally seen as wasted dps.

    3. Your other DOT uptimes aren't great, both were below 90% and it's generally considered your dot uptime should be above 90%

    4. You averaged a MF tick every 1.25 seconds which is extremely good and one reason why your dps is quite high. Looking at some of my WWS reports im averaging a MF tick every 1.5 seconds so I may have to look into whether i'm clipping my MFs by accident. I'd be interested to see what other people are averaging for their MF ticks per second.

    5. You got lucky with RNG, you have a 50% crit rate with MB which is obviously substantially higher than your raid buffed crit rate. Amory has you at 18.65% crit with what looks like your raid gear, adding in AI, kings etc... i'd say your crit rate would be about 21% at best, then add a boomkin and imp scorch and your crit rate is around 36%. Unfortuntely I rarely get imp scorch as the 2 core mages in my raid are both arcane.

    6. One of the spriests you called terrible and insinuated that their dps isn't even close to yours was actually only 100 away... he only had a 40% crit rate with MB on that particular encounter, if he got lucky with RNG he would have been the same if not greater. For the record, that spriests average MB cast time was 7.33 seconds which is an extremely good number... something i've yet to achieve and something you seem no where near.

    So while you have posted some good numbers, it has more to do with RNG than superior ability. It might be an idea to be a tad more modest.

  17. #17

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    We are two priest and we are doing both around 5k DPS in ~3min Patch kills. With every possible buff ofc. So i think (never done it) we can do > 5.5k within 1min50s...

    Last Kill was 2min30s and I did 4.9k DPS...the difference was the missing ele shaman...didnt think that this is so hard noticeable ^^

    That RNG comes into part too, im aware of this. It can easily make a difference from 200dps

    With that said, we dont have any cooldowns like mages we can user during BL/Hero. We also dont get the same benefit from BL/Hero as other classes do.

    So, in short fight we will always be lower than others

    I didnt see any WWS from Ulduar ;( our only buff is DP and thats not so a crazy high buff. We will see what the future brings to us.

  18. #18

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    I had 41% crit /w Sundial, which i had at the time.

    9% extra crit on a spell that does 14% of my total damage. Its not that big of a deal,
    Also MF was 4% under crit that makes up 44% of my damage

    Dot uptime must be incorrect or otherwise, I know for a fact my dots are up near 100% of the time.

    Quartz + Latency Castbars = Near perfect MF results, even with a 350 ping.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  19. #19

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    @Stryk: mind you, we SPs don't have a burst ability like warlocks / mages, which mean short fights do not increase our dps as much as other classes.
    Now, compare you and the other SP, your fight last 1 min longer, however, you had 2 more Sundial procs, 1 more Dying Curse (both has a 45s hcd, which mean you have 1 more "luck" sundial proc than the other). You also had Elemental Oath & Prayer of Spirit while the other priest didn't. These buffs should probally be more than -1' duration.
    Moreover, as I'm also an oceanic priest who play with 250-400 ms ping regularly, I can tell you that our ping, while of course hinder our dps, do not affect us as much as server lag (highly unpredictable and Quartz won't help much with that) - that WWS poster noted "lag more please ._."

    I wouldn't say who is the better SP, however, seeing you called that SP "terrible" when you have above advantages on you and dealt 100 more dps than him is kinda funny


    Back to the topic, since last week I have been holy spec in our PTR attempts/kills so I can't tell if there is much difference after recent changes. However, in previous weeks (before + after shadowform hotfix) and in bosses that I killed/attempted as shadow on PTR (Deconstructor/Ignis/Mimiron/Hodir & IC), SPs are doing fine. I usually ended up in top 3 or 5, sometimes #1 according to recount (no WWS though, sorry, but my guild doesn't run it usually except when we going for top 25/50 WWS; /combatlog tend to d/c us -.-). I will try to take screenshot next time if I can go as shadow, meanwhile, you can check these SS in this topic to see I'm not the only one http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.ph...18995&start=15 =)
    The question is, how long can we last in top 5 dmg in a tank'n'spank fight (the favourite dps comparing fight, which is unfair for SP ) with our new scaling?


  20. #20
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Dot uptime must be incorrect or otherwise, I know for a fact my dots are up near 100% of the time.
    So you got some supernatural powers that make your eyes more correct than the mathematics supplied though the combat log ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •