Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Dot uptime must be incorrect or otherwise, I know for a fact my dots are up near 100% of the time.
    Pray tell how i'm incorrect?

    The counter lasted 2min 55 seconds or 175 seconds, dots tick once per three seconds, therefore the maximum amount of dot ticks possible in that time frame is 175 / 3 = 58.33, which i'll round to 58.

    You managed 57 ticks of SW:P which equates to 97.7%. You only managed 52 ticks of DP and 51 ticks of VT which is 89.1% and 87.4% respectively.

    Again i'll mention that for you to have near perfect SW:P ticks you must have cast that almost immediately and then for you to have received the benefits of shadow weaving (which appear like you did due to how hard they ticked for) you must have recast it after 5 stacks. You would generally not expect to cast SW:P on the target within the first 5 seconds.

  2. #22

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Unequip trinket, MF the maggot but break it before it ticks twice then SWD, equip trinkets and SWP Patchwerk, ofc u have to be told when boss is abt to be pulled so it'll work otherwise u will be missing trinkets for the entire fight.

    Also maybe it was just a bad week, but it is all to easy to keep dots up.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  3. #23

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Unequip trinket, MF the maggot but break it before it ticks twice then SWD, equip trinkets and SWP Patchwerk, ofc u have to be told when boss is abt to be pulled so it'll work otherwise u will be missing trinkets for the entire fight.

    Also maybe it was just a bad week, but it is all to easy to keep dots up.
    Yeah, I agree with an above poster, you arent nearly as good as you think you are.

    Here's a wws of mine, where I beat you, despite my mb crit rate being HALF of what yours is, and the fight was only 13 seconds shorter.

    http://wowwebstats.com/2p6zl65yzxgvi?s=390117-422408&m

  4. #24

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Unequip trinket, MF the maggot but break it before it ticks twice then SWD, equip trinkets and SWP Patchwerk, ofc u have to be told when boss is abt to be pulled so it'll work otherwise u will be missing trinkets for the entire fight.

    Also maybe it was just a bad week, but it is all to easy to keep dots up.
    So your mages were able to put up 5 stacks of imp scorch after 1 second?

  5. #25

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    I probably could have picked a better parse, but thats pretty much how the ranking for most top 30ish patchwerk parses go.
    You make the ASSUMPTION that because a guild is top it doesn't have sucky players. Your ASSUMPTION is flawed. Top guilds can have very sucky players and still be top guilds.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  6. #26

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    "Most Spriests cap out at 5k" -> "Most Spriests are bad"
    Most spriests I've seen in the history of this game were clueless retards that ran around in holy gear trying to do dps on the nights they were asked to respec. Trying to compare most shadow priests to a good one is futile.

    That being said, the amount of dps that is being done by the other classes and the length of the fight are both major detriments on the shadow priest much like they are on the affliction warlock. In a shorter fight bursts classes SHOULD be ahead of sustained classes.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  7. #27

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Here is what your WWS tells me.
    Here is the most ironic part of the entire post you are about to make. You told this poster that shadow priests cap about 5000. He showed you a parse of him doing above 5000. Now you are about to say he doesn't know how to dps. That is equivalent to you say he should do more dps than he is actually doing. For the love of god make up your mind.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  8. #28

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So you got some supernatural powers that make your eyes more correct than the mathematics supplied though the combat log ?
    Blizzard might be wrong on its data or the date communication between Blizzard and WWS might be off. Thats NOT possible! *ends sarcasm*
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  9. #29

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I've love to see your WWS, because mosts spriests are capping out at 5K dps for patch... and tbh I don't believe you're doing 6K which you seem to be hinting at.
    Amen to that. The best i've managed on patch (in older gear to what in my sig, however) was 4.9k, and the best i've seen on our server so far is 5.3k for an incredibly geared and skilled player.

  10. #30

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    Yeah, I agree with an above poster, you arent nearly as good as you think you are.

    Here's a wws of mine, where I beat you, despite my mb crit rate being HALF of what yours is, and the fight was only 13 seconds shorter.

    http://wowwebstats.com/2p6zl65yzxgvi?s=390117-422408&m
    Am i supposed to be ignoring your 45% crit rate on MF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    So your mages were able to put up 5 stacks of imp scorch after 1 second?
    err, yes....
    Scorch Glyph...

    There is such a thing as over analyzing

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  11. #31

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    1. A 45% crit rate with MF is nothing like a 50% crit rate from MB. For starters it's 5% lower... but the fact is MF is our lowest damage for cast time incurred and MB is our highest. Therefore MB crits are going to increase our DPS at a far greater rate than MF crits.

    To illustrate my point, lets use some numbers on the WWS that you quoted and lets assume 11.11% haste which is the magic number for MF to be at 2.7 seconds and it reduces MB to 1.35 seconds.

    Average MF tick = 2105
    Average MB = 4098

    * These averages do take into account crits, which obviously pushes up the average for a normal tick/hit of the spell but these numbers will illustrate my point nonetheless

    If MF is ticking for 2105 every 0.9 seconds it has a DPS value of 2339, where MB will have a dps value of 3036. When these values crit the dps value for MF increases to 4678 but the MB value increases to 6071. That means that a MB crit has double the dps value of a MF crit and thus a high MB crit rate will distort your dps figure by a greater value than a high MF crit rate.

    I'll also point out in this sample of data that the spriest only had a 26% crit rate with MB. You at least had a 37% crit rate with MF... you had by far the better RNG luck, your comment to suggest his MF rate distored his data is completely unfounded.

    2. Even with imp scorch glyph, 2 mages would have had to begin casting scorch before the pull because last I saw scorch took more than 1 second to cast. Doing something like that is retarded because its going to result in pulling aggro eventually. I doubt your 2 mages landed a scorch each on patch after 1 second and I doubt you knew that would happen to be able to cast SW:P immediately in any case. It's more likely scorch is tacked on the boss after 3 or so seconds meaning your SW:P should be 3 seconds behind the max possible at the very best... unless you cast it immediately and recast it later which is what I think probably occured and doing so generally indicates a dps loss.

  12. #32

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    MB Does more damage than MF? wow u are good at this.
    Ever occur that MF does not have a cooldown? and that MB does?
    I dont need to do ANY theory crafting to tell you that 5% crit on MF is better than 5% on MB.

    I dont recast SWP, if I did it would have been coz i pressed the wrong button.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  13. #33

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    In terms of damage done related to cast time... MB crits increase DPS substantially more than MF crits. Just because you can cast more MFs doesn't make it a higher DPS spell.

    Of course MF does higher aggregate damage and your last comment illustrates your inability to understand the relational theory involved.

  14. #34

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Im not even going to bother.
    If you had any idea you would know i was right.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  15. #35

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Im not even going to bother.
    If you had any idea you would know i was right.
    I would be much more inclined to listen to Worshaka, considering they have actually included maths and statistics backing up their claims. You, on the other hand, have claimed that the computers are lying and you are telling the truth because you think you couldn't possibly make a mistake on DoT uptime.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  16. #36

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Im not even going to bother.
    If you had any idea you would know i was right.
    How about your highness leaves us alone and goes away? Your cocky comments are undesirable, people like you shouldn't even post, let alone play the game.

  17. #37

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Im not even going to bother.
    If you had any idea you would know i was right.
    Face it, the priest community has spoken: you, sir, suck.

  18. #38

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    So another round of talent builds, no spell changes, no dps glyph changes, and no word on better scaling. The best was last night watching fan of knifes spam trounce, absolutely trounce mind sear.

    While the others look to have gotten some nice buffs and some nerfs mixed in, but really are we scaling all that well ? Ive done multiple raids both 10 and 25 man on the PTR, i don't see it, i really dont see it. :-[

    Even with the Uber shirts, the damage just wasn't there. We are going to need some serious attention hopefully before this goes live, or its going to be one long grind in 3.1 ???
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  19. #39

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    So another round of talent builds, no spell changes, no dps glyph changes, and no word on better scaling. The best was last night watching fan of knifes spam trounce, absolutely trounce mind sear.

    While the others look to have gotten some nice buffs and some nerfs mixed in, but really are we scaling all that well ? Ive done multiple raids both 10 and 25 man on the PTR, i don't see it, i really dont see it. :-[

    Even with the Uber shirts, the damage just wasn't there. We are going to need some serious attention hopefully before this goes live, or its going to be one long grind in 3.1 ???
    Pretty much sums it up. Sure we get a healthy DPS boost between now and 3.1, but so do other classes - the only thing is they scale better. I'm already leveling up my pure DPS, I just wish I saw this coming before I made my Shadow Priest. A big /FACEPALM to the Mages who QQ about how one spec is not as good as the other in PVE (frost sucks in pve, arcane better than fire, etc) what the bloody hell? I'll be more than happy to have ONE SINGLE dps spec that when played right will be just as good or at least CLOSE to pure dps. Oh wait... we only have one DPS spec :-X
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  20. #40

    Re: Spriest Ulduar DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    So another round of talent builds, no spell changes, no dps glyph changes, and no word on better scaling. The best was last night watching fan of knifes spam trounce, absolutely trounce mind sear.
    Was this on PTR? Because in my raids fan of knives (while good) isn't better than MS... the only AoE that beats MS is Cat Swipe... if anything that needs a good hard nerf. Particularly Beserk + Cat Swipe... that shit is completely OP.

    I also find that spriests like to MS when there is only 3 or so targets... MS is obviously a lot more useful on the AoE pulls that consist of 10 or more mobs because then you are hitting 90% of the dps targets rather than 67%

    I think spriest dps is fine... I dont have to feel my class needs to have the ability to put up the best number to be viable. At the end of the day being able to have the highest raw number doesnt translate to you being the best player. Things people tend to overlook:

    1. Do you stay alive, VE lets me live through just about anything
    2. Do you dispel and thus remove debuffs that can kill raid members or cause wipes?
    3. Do you like to stand in fires, void zones, blizzards etc.
    4. Do you know when dps means nothing and throwing around a few heals is a better use of your GCDs?

    Spriests bring a lot to a raid... they can heal reasonably effectively if something goes wrong, they provide replenishment, they have high dps for encounters that require a lot of movement, they can provide Fort, Sprot and DS (in 3.1), they can dispel both offesnively and defensively, mass dispel can be very useful in particular.... i could go on and on really.

    To me, having those sorts of abilities or utility if you like, is much more important than being able to say I did the most dps on X encounter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •