Thread: Paladin Profs

Paladin Profs

Hey I have a lowbie paladin and a a gathering main (skinning, miner)
    would it be worth it to switch from Incription/Herbalist to Jc/Bs? i know there are some wicked stuff in both but the gear itself is all BoE i was wondering if its all worth it in the end?

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Re: Paladin Profs

For tanking, JC/BS can't be beat. As far as ret and holy go, you'll get some good improvements from it. Enchanting isn't too bad for the rings, either, but a couple of extra sockets generally helps the meta more (though Dragons Eyes usually cover that anyway).

It should be worth it, yes. Especially if you're going prot.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

JC/BS is generally the strongest combo for any class and spec, if you want to max your dps/tanking/healing.
    My main is a ret pally with JC/BS and I couldn't be happier with it.

Pfft... Engineering ftw! You'll have a tool for every occasion...
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/181.html
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

I'd have to say JC/BS too...

JC because of the JC only gems that provides you with a hell lot of stats and makes yoou able to use almost any meta gem in game without even thinking of requirements.

BS because they might introduce epic gems at some point and when they do... BS will rock! Atm Mining actually gives more HP than BS if you are a tank but it might not stay that way...

JC/BS give you the most options in terms of how to customize your gear. It depends on class/spec, but for holy paladins, that's the combo you want to go for. engineering pairs with JC for 'best pvp professions', though who really knows how long that will last?

I'm sad to say I'm alch/ench and after no news on fixing the imbalances from blizzard I'm probably dropping those two for JC/BS - Enchanting, btw, is the worst of the four by far and away.

As far as retribution is concerned and you are rich / have another gather character - JC+BS is best combo out there. Being able to activate metagem with 27STR gems and adding more sockets is pure win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufit
    Atm Mining actually gives more HP than BS if you are a tank but it might not stay that way...
    while stam is obviously not to be overlooked, the only current fight where hp matters is sarth 3d. and a paladin isnt MTing that until you have it on farm. so BS is still better so you can gem for a threat stat (expertise, hit, str).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

For Holy, JC/BS is superior to enchanting and Alch is equal to BS (if you're using flask of distilled wisdom ALL the time)
    This is because they can stack Int, rather than quite useless SP

For Ret its the same story, but JC/BS >>>> all, because they get much more out of Stren

For Prot JC/BS/Mining, JC is just too good to pass up, I'd personally take BS for the future (epic gems) but mining is also just as good

im going skinning/herb.........................

after i am done twinking and i go lvl i am going herb/inscription
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

imo every1 who has mining should take JC instead :