How it works:

1) Put curse of element on the target
    2) Send imp to attack
    3) Spam searing pain till it crits
    4) Spam shadow bolt for 10 seconds with the buff "Pyroclasm" on
    5) Repeat step 3 and 4

Features:
    1) Hardest and Fastest hitting shadow bolts
    2) with glyph + talent, shadow bolts has 20% reduction in mana cost which makes it mana efficient to spam
    3) Hit crit chance when your imp crits (20% extra)
    4) Hard hitting imp with talents (65% more powerful + 2 seconds cast time)
    5) Soul leech/Fel synergy keeps the imp alive at all time if it dies use Fel domination
    6) Great raid buffs such as "Blood pact", "improved shadow bolt" and "improved soul leech"
    7) Use of shadow fury to help reduce damage done to tanks in aoe fights
    8) Searing pain with talents + glyph has huge increase of 58% chance to crit when imp crits

Re: 3.1 new 22/49 build "Shadow imp"

I'm not here to bash, just inform. I posted the 31/0/40 Shadowbolt spec about a month ago and it proved to not be viable. The difference between our builds is that I went for Shadow Mastery (15% more dmg) and stronger dots. Here you went for the imp. Im pretty sure the dots and 15% damage beat out this imp version for DPS, and my version did not produce amazing DPS.

Sorry to say it won't be nearly as good as 0/31/40, 55/0/16, 0/13/58, 3/52/16 and all the little variants that go along with them. Its a shame really.

It won't be top DPS by any means, but if you are dead set on that type of build you are probably better off going into the Affliction tree to get Shadow Mastery instead of the Demo tree.

If you dont like that idea, at least drop mana feed and pick up Master Conjuror instead. The buffs to that talent in 3.1 make it a must have if you go that far down in Demo, plus your imp will never go OOM raid buffed anyways.

That being said, again, this will not compete with 0/40/31.

Edit: rodobson barely beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rodobson
    I'm not here to bash, just inform. I posted the 31/0/40 Shadowbolt spec about a month ago and it proved to not be viable. The difference between our builds is that I went for Shadow Mastery (15% more dmg) and stronger dots. Here you went for the imp. Im pretty sure the dots and 15% damage beat out this imp version for DPS, and my version did not produce amazing DPS.

Sorry to say it won't be nearly as good as 0/31/40, 55/0/16, 0/13/58, 3/52/16 and all the little variants that go along with them. Its a shame really.
    Pretty sure shadow mastery no longer affects shadowbolt, but that imp does do some mean dps.

Edit: maybe it was a previous build, just checked and it didn't mention anything on SM change.

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll break it up:

Do you even know what theorycrafting means?

Mana efficiency is not important.

The imp does not run out of mana.

Shadowfury is most certainly not worth a point when you just got into two tiers with much, much better talents.

I see what you are trying to do with searing pain, but there is no way to make it work. You can take pyroclasm, but you don't really have points to spare to put into imp searing pain. And fire and brimstone is better than imp.imp.

0/22/49 cookie cutter is what you want.

Since I didn't know imp would not run out of mana here is a better and modified version

22/49

to fr00t did you even read the part where it says "how it works" or just click on the build and criticize without knowing what the build is focus on?

If you notice I didn't not get any talents that'll boost fire damage that means I will not be using immolate/conflag/incinerate all that junk

This is a pure shadow bolt build with searing pain spamming initially to get the 6% boost to shadow damage not as a major contribution of dps

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    Pretty sure shadow mastery no longer affects shadowbolt, but that imp does do some mean dps.

Edit: maybe it was a previous build, just checked and it didn't mention anything on SM change.
    Wat.

plus how are you planning to spam searing pain and not pull aggro instantly, or semi instantly? I have issues as it is with my regular dots let alone a talent that says " causes large amounts of threat". And then u want to spam shadowbolts with them being buffed to cause more threat

Lol - good luck with that phyxius muhahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by phyxius117
    22/49

With a little theory crafting I came up with this high dps raid spec

How it works:

1) Put curse of element on the target
    2) Send imp to attack
    3) Spam searing pain till it crits
    4) Spam shadow bolt for 10 seconds with the buff "Pyroclasm" on
    5) Repeat step 3 and 4

Features:
    1) Hardest and Fastest hitting shadow bolts
    2) with glyph + talent, shadow bolts has 20% reduction in mana cost which makes it mana efficient to spam
    3) Hit crit chance when your imp crits (20% extra)
    4) Hard hitting imp with talents (65% more powerful + 2 seconds cast time)
    5) Soul leech/Fel synergy keeps the imp alive at all time if it dies use Fel domination
    6) Great raid buffs such as "Blood pact", "improved shadow bolt" and "improved soul leech"
    7) Use of shadow fury to help reduce damage done to tanks in aoe fights
    8) Searing pain with talents + glyph has huge increase of 58% chance to crit when imp crits
    It's 85% actually, you forgot to count in the glyph.