Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Seal of Blood/Martyr Glyph is Fail

Give us at least a Talent in the Ret tree '
    Improved Seal of Blood/Martyr: Your Seal of Blood/Martyr returns xx mana etc etc" like the Glyph currently does, and make the Glyph actually increase our SoB/M damage by like 5% or something like increases our Haste by x% for y seconds.

Stop giving us Band-Aid fixes to our Mana regen that You yourselves Blizzard have broken.
    CS Glyph reduces mana....useless.
    DS Glyph increases healing done....you adding more HEALING on a DPS Power? Are you serious?....again useless.

And while you're at it, make the Consecration Glyph actually useful by removing the increased CD on it. Then maybe a Threat Protadin might take it because it then wouldn't mess up their 969 rotation.

Sorry for thinking so much about this rather than throwing out the first retarded idea I could come up with like Blizzard apparently did for our Glyphs.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Re: Seal of Blood/Martyr Glyph is Fail

What bothers me about this glyph though is that Seal of Blood just doesn't make sense to use without it. Seal of Blood / Seal of Martyr is literally tied to this glyph.

Are there any other abilities out there that -require- the use of a glyph in order for them to make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    What bothers me about this glyph though is that Seal of Blood just doesn't make sense to use without it. Seal of Blood / Seal of Martyr is literally tied to this glyph.

Are there any other abilities out there that -require- the use of a glyph in order for them to make sense?
    Serpent sting requires glyph of steady shot to make sense.

Stop giving us Band-Aid fixes to our Mana regen that You yourselves Blizzard have broken.
    So stop fixing things that they broke.... hmm.... ya they should stop that bad blizzard, BAD!! The point is that you will be having an extra skill to use this next patch, exorcism will be added to your rotation. So they are trying to give you more ways to get mana, such as the change to JotW (which will super buff holy pallies in arenas, like they even need more buffs).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

There is no excuse to whine about this glyph, seems like a pretty solid Glyph to me.

The seal you DPS with now grants you mana back EACH hit? I'd take that over the SA any day....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

no glyph should be required, pretty dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    that.

sure you could deal without it and not go oom (and now with the 25% mana return on judge) but blizz is pretty much using glyphs to fix talent trees. and i don't think glyph were intended to be that dependable.

they should make a talent in ret that changes our Mana Bar to a Mana Power Bar that works like rage or runic power lewl

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    I agree with a glyph not being REQUIRED, but the glyph itself is solid enough.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    There is no excuse to whine about this glyph, seems like a pretty solid Glyph to me.

The seal you DPS with now grants you mana back EACH hit? I'd take that over the SA any day....
    SA doesn't require ANY glyphs though. Would you like to sacrifice one of your Major glyphs, for a glyph that you need to have your previous rune "regen"? Hence nerfing your dps with whatever that glyph you had to give up gives you? Didn't think so.

i meant the other way around

the glyph is pretty much REQUIRED and it should not (even exist)

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheHissay
    SA doesn't require ANY glyphs though. Would you like to sacrifice one of your Major glyphs, for a glyph that you need to have your previous rune "regen"? Hence nerfing your dps with whatever that glyph you had to give up gives you? Didn't think so.
    Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm mainly Prot), but isn't GoCS one of the staple raiding glyphs? -20% off CS' cost. Just remove that glyph if it's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    i meant the other way around

the glyph is pretty much REQUIRED and it should not (even exist)
    you can take the glyph or gem for int and roll on int mail ;p

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheHissay
    But the mana from SA wasnt static. It was all over the place.

On fights where the paladin took little damage other than their SoM/B hits, they just didnt get enough mana from SA, and Holies downright got none. In other fights the pallies took a lot of damage and there was an over abundance of mana via SA. It just wasn't consistent.

I AGREE that it shouldn't take a glyph to fix the problem, but 11% per hit of the amount you do to yourself is a more consistent regen of mana. IMO it should be linked to something like Sanctified Seals or Righteous Vengeance, but it is a step in the right direction (the effect, not the fact that it's a glyph) at least.

make cs give mana back (suggested by quite a lot of people recently i think)

problem(both of them) fixed

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99
    Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm mainly Prot), but isn't GoCS one of the staple raiding glyphs? -20% off CS' cost. Just remove that glyph if it's the case.
    That's true at the moment, but with the upcoming changes to Exorcism, it'll be replaced with the Exorcism glyph (20% damage increase).

Regardless, I don't think this glyph is a requirement. The increase to JotW seems like it would be sufficient, though I haven't tried it out. Blood/martyr is still the best DPS seal, regardless of its mana returning potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I agree with a glyph not being REQUIRED, but the glyph itself is solid enough.
    Yeah thats kinda my point.

I'm all for good glyphs. I'd love to see a glyph that was so ZOMG IMBA, nobody would want to run without it.

But actually having to NEED a glyph to make an ability functional is just pure lazyness on the part of the Blizz

Is this like Glyph of Obliterate?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Is this like Glyph of Obliterate?
    Yes, actually.

Why use Obliterate, when you can glyph it and just get a flat 20% more damage with no drawback (other than having to use a glyph slot)....then again DK glyphs still need a lot of work :\

Most of them are just "increased damage by 20% when (condition)" and some are just the flat +20%...kinda boring if you ask me.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43826
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43547
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43548 (in 3.1 it will be a flat +20% with no requirement of a disease)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43542
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43827 (in 3.1 this one will add 2% damage per 5 RP and cap out at 25% additional damage...close enough)

:\

You guys are just being freaking dense...

You do not NEED this glyph, they buffed JotW in this build as well, from 15 to 25%. This glyph does make GoHammer of Wrath and GoCS completly obsolete in it's current form, but that's all they are doing is having you replace whichever one of those glyphs you're using with this one without making it the LOLINFINITEMANA glyph in PVP. Now we can just hope they'll take glyph of CS and turn it into something that debuffs the target or buffs you when you CS and increases the damage of JoB.

Actually this glyph is just the same as the previous one, except, you don't have to be healed.

It's just converted in order to make up for the loss of Spiritual Attunement. In Fact, you'll probably gain slightly less mana, because before you gained 2% additional effect(so 12% of damage done(which is then healed) to you, would be the mana you gained, but now it's 11%).

Overall, it's weaker, because you won't gain additional mana from aoe damage, either.

EDIT: This is probably also why JotW was buffed so drastically, blizzard always takes aoe damage into account, and making JotW give more mana also makes up for the loss of mana gained from taking aoe damage.

That, and possible mana issues with Exorcism.